Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adams Wed chat 3-13-2013

VIZIOIRAQI

Adam how do I contact you directly as I have sent numerous e-mails to your office over the last 2 weeks and have had no reply so I hope this method of contact will do the trick.  VIP member

Did you send your e-mails to VIP@dinarvets.com

Adam and Julie are usually very fast at answering questions!   Also, check to make sure your spam protector is not trashing any replies from dinarvets

:twocents: Bump

Bumper is right. Also, I see that you are using a rogers.com email. We can't control what they block.

Two things to do:

1. Follow these instructions: http://iqd.me/l/whitelist

if that doesn't work,

2. Switch to gmail. Try again.

- Adam

P.S. The last email you sent to us was dated 11/23/2012 at 9:43AM. You received a response at 11:30AM the same day.

• Upvote 1

Adam is spot on with the Kurdish situation.  I spent almost a year in Kirkuk among the Kurds.  You can basically think of them as being almost a whole different tribe. The whole area is very much still a tribal type of culture.  It does transcend national boundaries in there mind.

One thing I will say for the Kurds that I saw while I was there - they are very much businessmen.  They have a very European outlook towards business and finance. (That, and the Peshmurga are some of the better soldiers in area. Maybe not great professionals, but definitley have the warrior spirit. I was glad they were on "our" side when I was there."

• Upvote 6

Thanks Adam for another thoroughly informative chat, esp about the Kurds and Kurdistan region. No wonder they've been fighting like the McKoys and the Martins. Feuding over land has been the longest universal battle since Abraham parted Isaac and Ishmael. The Middle East has always been an element of contention, and the Beat goes on even in Iraq and Kurdistan region.

With the budget now passed but not exposed in the Gazette , is the March 22  date still a strong possibility for this Baby to be delivered. Just saying... thanks for anyone who may have some inside insight. Curiosity is getting the best of me........ :shrug:

Edited by Silverdinar
  • Upvote 2

Your analysis of the big picture on the Kurdistani situation is very informative -Thanks Could you overview the Sunni and Shia situations too?

I can tell you a little about it.......Shia and Sunni. They have been fighting each other since the Prophet Mohammed died centuries ago. They are fighting about the line of succession from the prophet to this very day.......The Shia believe they were done wrong when the Sunnis installed a successor and not their choice for assencion to take over from him, (Mohammed). This an open wound that has been going on since that time and as such the Shia and Sunni's have been trying to kill each other ever since......That is an overly simplified explaination but it is such.....it is what it is. Religion gone out of whack and with no end in sight....Nothing to do with God...but everything to do with their religion. To get a more informative understanding all you have to do is google Sunni vs. Shia and WHAM....tons of information about it will be delivered........I have studied it some and I think the whole bunch of them are just ridiculous for killing and destroying each other over an issue that cannot be resolved as it is centuries old and all the offenders and accusers are long gone and buried. I am not muslim so I don't have a qualified opinion other than stop the crap and figure it out or years of strife will just keep on keeping on. Stupid really...but thats just me....Down in Texas we would just sip some beers and work it out or just outright kill each other and finish it and make up a good story.....well at least in the old days we woulda.........Go to google.......the answers are there and you get a better feel for it. Now what you see is the present day battle and the Shia are the majority in Iraq...also Iran. Iraq is roughly 60% Shiite of the population and since Saddam was Sunni he was all over the Shia. Being forced to jump for their Sunni master the Shia harbor deep resentment and fear towards the Sunni. They should be to. On the other hand they should work it out and stop the infighting....but they won't. Hate is so easy. IMO.

Saddam wasn't just the ruthless dictator he was a Sunni. Now that the control is in Shia hands they are doing everything they can to thwart Sunni influence in Iraq. They can do so because Maliki is using his position to consolidate all power to himself...but also to the Shia. In the process  he will marganilize the Sunnis and with the Shia he has what they percieve to be the moral high ground. Since the hatred is so personal and since most folks suffered under a bloody Saddam they will support Maliki's repression of the Sunni's. Since the Shia were inferior under Saddams rule the Sunnis find it hard to stomach the Shia's having that control.....thus a really mean and nasty state of affairs exist between the two sects.........This situation is all messed up and having a bloody dictator use the religious strife as a tool to do his bidding made the situation even worse......When a Sunni uses the dictator as reason for his authority for persecution of the Shiite it is just a truly twisted affair.....I studied Saddam and as a dictator IMO didn't care so much about the religion except he could use it as a tool and this man was a follower of Adolph Hitler.....He admired and mimiced Hitler as much as he could...A Sunni dictator who was a Nazi.....God help them all......But he had a huge and negative effect on the entire Shia vs Sunni issue and it weren't good at all.......This is a very complicated affair and if you start now you to will learn this and it will only take you years just to begin to understand the Sunni vs Shia issue in Iraq......Good luck........Oh yeah. Don't forget to study Iran's Shia dominated goverment as well. They to are directly involved and they are different from the Iraqi's. But those little bitty differences cost the Iranians one million casulties during their war with Saddam.

OK....go ahead.....You have a test on Tuesday......So you better get started now.............LOL. Thanks Adam for the chat.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Adam... way to put the Kurdish situation in perspective... or shall we say the "Kurdexans"???  :rolleyes: 

Wonder what that would look like??? ... maybe something like this!   ;) 

5595173560_eabdf72d66.jpg

Thanks Viz for posting... good job ya'll... and much appreciated!! ;) 

Come On RV Baby!!!  B) 

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for the chat Adam and all other contributors.  I am becoming increasingly philosophical about this speculative adventure.  While I hope to to better than just break even (or worse, lose) I have gained in so many other ways through these chats, questions, etc.  Quite a learning experience, upon which no real "price" can be placed.  Thanks all!

• Upvote 1