Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adams Wed chat 3-06-2013

VIZIOIRAQI

[Adam Montana] good morning all!

[
Adam Montana] let's hop right into chat, I hope no important conversations were going on

[
Adam Montana] So to blaze right into the current state of the Dinar

[
Adam Montana] They just announced that the vote on the budget will NOT happen today

[
Adam Montana] it has been pushed to tomorrow. Most of us won't be too surprised by that, so that's not really "news" I guess. It's like fishing... we keep getting nibbles, but we have yet to reel in the big one. If you fish, you know you don't just go home after the first nibble fails to land a catch... so we are still here. :twothumbs:

[
Adam Montana] I should mention that YET AGAIN the budget issues are pretty much all about oil

[
Adam Montana] Other than that, there's not much to talk about. We have some VERY good questions this week, so I'll hop into that in a moment after I mention one more thing

[
Adam Montana] A lot of our friendly nay-sayers that frequent the site here at dinarvets.com love to try to claim that Chapter 7 is already lifted. I usually respond with something like "yes, but there are still a few remaining points on Chapter 7... it is not COMPLETELY lifted yet."

[
Adam Montana] And that has been verified in several different articles that have came out in the last couple weeks... if you are still unconvinced that Chapter 7 is not completely lifted, it's worth doing a quick search for the articles. You will also quickly see that the recent articles are very positive about a COMPLETE removal of Chapter 7 in the very near future. :twothumbs:

[
Adam Montana] ok, the questions please! kcw, thank you as always for your help in the weekly chats    

[
kcw] waitingondinar Adam, I read an article that talked about keeping Iraq under Chapter 7 for another 4 years.....................have you heard anything like this? The news seems positive one moment and negative the next. Thanks

[
Adam Montana] :lol: I just said the exact opposite. No, I do not believe that is the case. I've seen one or two articles where this or that person has an opinion to that effect, but those are just opinions. And you know what they say about opinions    

[
Adam Montana] next please!
[kcw] rosetoes Hi, Adam: My subscription is about to expire. I saw a post a couple of days ago from you that directed someone to a link for a 20% discount but was not ready to renew at that moment. Is it still available and could I please have the link again? Thank you!

[
Adam Montana] Here you go: http://iqd.me/l/order - use discount code "newsletter20"

[
Adam Montana] I've been seeing a lot of questions about the discount... I will send out a newsletter soon with that info so everyone has at least one last chance to save some money and benefit from the VIP membership.
[

[kcw] chess ADAM: It has been stated here (opinion?) by some, that Chapter VII is not necessary for RV to take place. Your opinion please.....thank you.

[
Adam Montana] chess, you are indeed a gentleman. I know you've been here long enough to have read my opinion on this many times, but for the benefit of everyone else I will reiterate

[
Adam Montana] It is definitely possible for the RV to happen BEFORE Chapter 7, but if it does we can expect to see Chapter 7 lifted IMMEDIATELY afterwards... not the normal "soon" we get out of Iraq, but "immediately" as in the following or even same day. :twocents:

[
[kcw] hmmm Would the RV being an internationally recognized event? Would it make it to the major new channels? Also, I have considered the VIP program, but I have seen you write before that your not a licensed finacial advisor and your opinion can only be taken as such. So is VIP just further speculation or based on some finacially sound advice that cannot be shared withou the exchange of money? Im not ignorant, you need to make a living, just curious how that can be possible? No disrespect intended.

[
Adam Montana] part one - yes, it will definitely be a major news event.

[
Adam Montana] part two - first a little clarification. I don't make a living on this site. I don't pay out of pocket to keep the site running, but it's definitely not my main source of income! I am an entrepreneur, a business owner (several times over), an investor. I flip and invest in real estate, I dabble in development, I've got my hands in a lot of budding businesses in technology and other things. I am also a philanthropist, I give to my community and many causes that I feel are worthy... but I am not "making a living" on DV.

[
Adam Montana] With that said, you are correct - I do not act as a financial adviser, and no money changes hands here for any kind of advice, financial or otherwise. Paying for VIP keeps this site alive and gives you access to a wealth of information that resides in the VIP section, but it is not advice. It also gives you access to the investments that I have compiled for after the RV, investments that I have worked for years to make possible and will only be available to VIP members.

[
Adam Montana] Can you find your own investments? Of course you can. There is no "need " to pay anyone for anything. But personally... if someone else has already done years of legwork, I would much rather flip them a couple bucks and just take advantage of a turnkey situation than waste my time and money "catching up"

[
Adam Montana] :twocents:

[
[kcw] TLHUBER Dearest Adam. What do you think about the new smart cards that are coming out? Do you think Iraq will use USA money or Dinar money on these cards? Thank you.

[
Adam Montana] smartcards represent quite a few things - one of which is the amazing progress the banking in Iraq has and is continuing to make

[
Adam Montana] does this mean "RV tomorrow"? No, but without this technology I don't believe an RV would be possible... so it is a positive thing

[
[kcw] jobug38 Hi Adam, my questions are do you think that Talabani coming back has to do with the delay of the vote on the budget? Also do you think this may be the last budget we will have to grotesque? I hope so!

[
Adam Montana] No, the delay on the budget is simply that the Kurds want more of the oil revenues. They are simply negotiating. If you've ever negotiated anything with someone from the middle east, you know that negotiations are FIERCE and they are very shrewd... they will come to an agreement soon(ly), but not until both sides are sure the other will not give another penny. They are close

[
[kcw] phlip ……After (an) overnight 10 cent RV, the current lowest denomination dinar banknote of IQD250 would be worth US$25, so what would be an Iraqi Citizen’s incentive for re-exchanging his newly acquired USD back to the current high denomination IQD banknotes; especially since there would be no way to make change when purchasing everyday smaller items ~ except with USD? After such an overnight 10 cent RV wouldn’t the IQD effectively vanish from circulation and the USD dominate inside Iraq ~ contrary to the publicly stated CBI/GOI intentions for the currency?

[
Adam Montana] another good question!

[
Adam Montana] I believe you are assuming that the CBI will continue to try to de-dollarize the country, and I agree with that assumption. But first, they will stabilize the rate and I believe it will be "locked" at some point... most likelyl within 3-6 months after the rate change is effective.

[
Adam Montana] After that, they will work on continuing to raise the rate slowly, which would encourage Iraqi's to ditch the falling USD in favor of a growing IQD. By doing it that way, the de-dollarizing happens naturally instead of trying to force it

[
Adam Montana] This is one reason I feel the rate will come out lower rather than higher - 10 cents opposed to $3. It makes more sense in many ways. :twocents:

[
Adam Montana] Now, our hope is that we can cash in and then continue to ride the wave as the value goes up. If they introduce new currency, we will have to exchange our current IQD for new or USD, and we may not be able to take full advantage of continued growth... but the initial profit will have been made, so you'll just have to suck it up and be happy that you made some money    

[

[kcw] DinarThug Yo Adam ! We Can't See Which Posts Are Being Liked By Others Since When The Site Was Down For More Updating A Few Days Ago !

[
Adam Montana] I noticed that, I am working on bringing that feature back. I liked it too    

[
[kcw] EC429 Adam, I have seen in writing that at least one Dinar dealer will only accept Dinar to exchange from another dealer if that dealer is on their particlar list of "approved dealers". Isn't an actual dinar verified by the machine still a dinar? Can you please give us your opinion of what is actually going on with this kind of thing? For some reason I am very uncomfortable with this. This dealer policy alone enables me to feel very fortunate with the VIP status here because I know the places on your list will be folks who are above board in how they do business and can appreciate those of us in this community. (Being VIP offers security likened to taking your baby blanket with you to exchange currency.) Thanks for your opinion on this dealers policy.

[
Adam Montana] hi EC, that's another good question. First - going to a Dealer is NOT going to be the best option for most people, VIP or not. A dealer will have to use a bank (which WILL charge some kind of spread) and the dealers aren't going to play "middle man" for free, so you can bet they will make some money off you some how, some way.

[
Adam Montana] Next, there is a couple reasons they would have that policy. One is that they are partnering with the other dealers or at least have a working relationship... same as a hotel chain. You can stay at the Westin or the W and earn the same rewards points, but they don't honor your Hilton stays.    

[

[kcw] TomRiddle Adam, do you personally believe that the rate is in this budget?

[
Adam Montana] nope, I do not. There is no way they could have been working on something like that, on a budget that is supposed to be public any day now, and be hiding something as big as the RV. That kind of change is going to be released as a surprise to almost everyone involved, and they will be scrambling to adjust for it. Again, this is why so many things had to happen before an RV would be possible... such as high tech banking systems

[
[kcw] eaglefan Hi Adam, If the dinar starts moving up slowly then at what point will you release the names of the banks that will give us VIP members a special rate? Thanks for your efforts on this site.

[
Adam Montana] In order for most of our partner banks to give us a better rate, there needs to be a major increase. If it raises slowly for a time and THEN there is a major rate change, that is fine. But if it simply grows slowly forever... hey, we still make the same money at the end of the ride, but we will not have significant leverage to get a major discount on the spread.

[
Adam Montana] Hope that makes sense. To answer the question, YES at some point I will simply say "ok, the rate is high enough to release the banks I am working with"... but if the rate rises too slowly and too consistently, the spread difference will be lower than if we see a major bump.

[
[kcw] OZmosis Hello Adam... The in-active blank link between "Gallery" and "What's New" at the top of the page has me very inquisitive. Just asking, but is it laying dormant now just waiting for something new and exciting to emerge in coming weeks? Perhaps it is the RV link. If so, I am very keen to click it when it becomes active.

[
Adam Montana] Muahahahaha! You are on to me!

[
Adam Montana] Time will tell, won't it? :tiphat:

[
Adam Montana] That's it for the weekly! There were some great questions this week... fingers crossed that they get that budget done tomorrow, but my gut tells me it won't happen until the end of the week or the beginning of the week. The question, as always... Which week?

[
Adam Montana] open floor, thank you all for your respect and patience

[
Adam Montana] I know it's hard to sit on your hands, but somehow every week we get through these chats with very minimal amount of people interrupting... you all are amazing

[
Adam Montana] mrref it's about time you got here
[
VIZIOIRAQI] And the room is stunned
[Adam Montana] everyone's been waiting

[
Adam Montana] VIZIOIRAQI    i know!
[
VIZIOIRAQI] Adam Montana I'd take this as an oncour    

[captl1] Adam Montana good morning and thank you for all you do

[
Adam Montana] captl1 good morning to you as well, and it is my pleasure

[captl1] customers kept mke from chat    
[
Adam Montana] captl1 nothing wrong with that!

[EC429] It appears that the US dollar floats, how do we know if any currency is in a float or all they always in a float?

[captl1] no sir...beats the alternative
[
Adam Montana] EC429 good question... I'd be happy to explain it in next weeks chat if you post it there
[mrref] Just wanted to say Hi, got to run and pick up some bad guys..
[kcw] mrref be safe!
[EC429] Adam Montana Ok thanks
[
Adam Montana] but the answer is that yes - even a pegged currency "floats" if it is pegged to the USD, because of the fluctuations in the value of the USD

[
Adam Montana] "1" is not always worth the same as it was yesterday

[
Adam Montana] A good example is the Belize dollar. It is "pegged" at 2:1 with the USD

[
Adam Montana] so 2 BZD is always worth 1 USD

[
Adam Montana] but if a loaf of bread costs 2BZD today... it may cost 2.05 BZD tomorrow, depending on how the value of the dollar moves

[
Adam Montana] ok everyone... I'm off for now. Take it easy

[EC429] Thanks Adam

• Upvote 12

Vizio, Thank you for posting and pulling questions for Adam. However, one was forgotten. Adam if you read this will you address this?

Posted Yesterday, 05:29 PM

Adam, good morning and the draft is coming:)! Beer n brats! Last week you mentioned that you believed the budget delay was due to bartering over HCL. Do you or your secret squirrels think The HCL will be finally voted and passed with the budget?

Like This Unlike

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/142838-questions-for-adams-chat-3-6-2013/#ixzz2MmM5OhWm

Thank you.

I apologize... at the end of the chat I said "1:2 with the USD" - I meant "2:1".

Vizio, Thank you for posting and pulling questions for Adam. However, one was forgotten. Adam if you read this will you address this?

Posted Yesterday, 05:29 PM

Adam, good morning and the draft is coming:)! Beer n brats! Last week you mentioned that you believed the budget delay was due to bartering over HCL. Do you or your secret squirrels think The HCL will be finally voted and passed with the budget?

Like This Unlike

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/142838-questions-for-adams-chat-3-6-2013/#ixzz2MmM5OhWm

Thank you.

A few others were missed or chopped or shortened as well... I can't answer every question every week, and sometimes questions overlap so I remove one rather than answering the same question multiple times.

But since I'm here... the squirrels haven't shown up for work yet. And I did indeed answer the question in the course of the chat. :)

• Upvote 1

I apologize... at the end of the chat I said "1:2 with the USD" - I meant "2:1".

A few others were missed or chopped or shortened as well... I can't answer every question every week, and sometimes questions overlap so I remove one rather than answering the same question multiple times.

But since I'm here... the squirrels haven't shown up for work yet. And I did indeed answer the question in the course of the chat. :)

I fixed it for ya Boss

• Upvote 1

Thanks Adam for your informative chat.  Your input and insight into what is happening across the pond in 2nd to none. We value your findings and keeping us up-to-date on the chit chat of the GOI / Parliament and their little p****ing match in the sandbox. The nature of the culture is certainly at work. Hopefully they will run out of  " steam " shortly and have to back up and punt. The Kurds are holding their own and rightfully so. I think Maliki is trying to swindle the country to favor his counterparts in Iran and himself. Go RV ..please come b4 Christmas tis year........ :twothumbs:  :twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

thanks adam ive been tellin these people that the RV is not in the budget this has been going on for years ans we are a good ways away from an RV........I value your opinion Adam but none of us knows when this thing will pop...............so i hope this silencwe all the budget talk from now on...........Adam always says alot by not saying much at all because its just the same ol mess day in and day out.....

[Adam Montana] it has been pushed to tomorrow. Most of us won't be too surprised by that, so that's not really "news" I guess. It's like fishing... we keep getting nibbles, but we have yet to reel in the big one. If you fish, you know you don't just go home after the first nibble fails to land a catch... so we are still here:twothumbs:

Waitin for that Big One to bite...  :D 

4c34f08ea0a37_149871n.jpg

Just don't quite know what part of this ride I'm gonna want to have "mounted and hangin on my wall"???  :rolleyes:  

Thanks for posting kcw and Viz, and thanks for the chat Adam, as always... good stuff!!!  ;) 

• Upvote 2

All of the articles i have read today indicate that the first 11 articles of the budget have been read, voted on, and passed.  The reason for the postponement was article 12 today.  They are suppose to come back tommorrow and pick up where they left off.

• Upvote 2

All of the articles i have read today indicate that the first 11 articles of the budget have been read, voted on, and passed.  The reason for the postponement was article 12 today.  They are suppose to come back tommorrow and pick up where they left off.

AWESOME THANKS FOR THE INFO :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

No chance at all they have been saying that for 2 years now.....Adam does not know.....sorry

so answer me this.  Why would they change the value and not introduce lower demons (new currency) makes no sense to raise the value and keep the same currency with the zeroes. They will give ample time to exchange old notes for new.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2

Easy i never said they never would it would make sense to introduce the lower denoms when they bRV....but since when does iraq do anything that makes sense.............i agree we have to handf ave lower denom for an RV................as far as changing the value dont seem like they are gonna do that any time soon either.....all we can do is hope and wish Easy........they say soon and nothing ever happens.....tell me this Easy wher we not supposed to see lower denoms last september ant then the first of the year......imo we must see lower denoms just prior to an rv...but i dont think it will rv.....i know an iraqi guy and his cousin works for the CBI and he said that they wanted to be 1 to 1...................but thats not until the GOI stops being corrupt so we might be in this thing 4 or 5 more years.....sorry buddy i know your optimistic...but too many lies on here for me to be happy about any article or rumor

so answer me this.  Why would they change the value and not introduce lower demons (new currency) makes no sense to raise the value and keep the same currency with the zeroes. They will give ample time to exchange old notes for new.

Easy i never said they never would it would make sense to introduce the lower denoms when they bRV....but since when does iraq do anything that makes sense.............i agree we have to handf ave lower denom for an RV................as far as changing the value dont seem like they are gonna do that any time soon either.....all we can do is hope and wish Easy........they say soon and nothing ever happens.....tell me this Easy wher we not supposed to see lower denoms last september ant then the first of the year......imo we must see lower denoms just prior to an rv...but i dont think it will rv.....i know an iraqi guy and his cousin works for the CBI and he said that they wanted to be 1 to 1...................but thats not until the GOI stops being corrupt so we might be in this thing 4 or 5 more years.....sorry buddy i know your optimistic...but too many lies on here for me to be happy about any article or rumor

Well its simple why we didnt see the LDs come out, think about it.  The budget wasnt completed and they werent ready to reveal the rate.  The LDS will have to almost immediately follow suit which ever way they decide to RV before or after, then the LDs come because it would defeat the whole purpose of actually raising the value and still having 3 zero notes.  That was my main point.  Corruption will always be inside government.  Theres nothing anyone can do or say to change that but the way i see it now the kurds are in control of the budget whether it passes or not.  They want their 17% and i dont blame them they have been screwed every which way for many decades.  I will remain optimistic solely because i believe in this investment and i look at life half full instead of half empty always been that way always will be.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1

GO BUCKS!!!!!....................yer in my hometown.......Eastmoor High...then "THE" OSU.....

well i hope your right Easy I have been reading your posts for years now and its a pleasure to chat with you but ther is something strande going on with this investment .....my uncle got me in on this and he is 100% that this will happen but as long as ive been in this thing iraq has accomplished nothin.......and that says alot this is a merry go roung it just gies around and around but they are not moving foward at all i read almost all the article and its the same ol bull.............i agree no one knows but i do feel that they can keep their rate of the dinar for20 more years...my incle dis agrees with me but they can if they wanted to.......iraq is making money hands over fist and they are so greedy so i dont think they want to rv this thing....i hope im wrong

Well its simple why we didnt see the LDs come out, think about it.  The budget wasnt completed and they werent ready to reveal the rate.  The LDS will have to almost immediately follow suit which ever way they decide to RV before or after, then the LDs come because it would defeat the whole purpose of actually raising the value and still having 3 zero notes.  That was my main point.  Corruption will always be inside government.  Theres nothing anyone can do or say to change that but the way i see it now the kurds are in control of the budget whether it passes or not.  They want their 17% and i dont blame them they have been screwed every which way for many decades.  I will remain optimistic solely because i believe in this investment and i look at life half full instead of half empty always been that way always will be.