Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV 2014?

Luigi1

From another source...

A member of the Finance Committee, MP Haitham al Jubouri said "this year will not see replacing Iraq currency not delete three"

"Unstable political situation & the worsening situation prompted the CBI to postbone the project until it is political stability of the monetary policy of the country"

• Upvote 1

***///

Smoke article...? Gee, we hope so. :o

"Looka, looka what our right hand is doing....! "(so you don't see what we're really doing with the other!) ;)

Now consider what they do with that "other" hand...... They do not eat with it, oh no.... :ph34r:

Punishment can oft times mean severing the hand they DO eat with so as to.... well, you know. :P

Yup, we gotta keep an eye on 'em.... masters of the 'slight of hand'...... :wave:  :lmao:

• Upvote 3

***///

"Looka, looka what our right hand is doing....! "(so you don't see what we're really doing with the other!) ;)

Now consider what they do with that "other" hand...... They do not eat with it, oh no.... :ph34r:

Punishment can oft times mean severing the hand they DO eat with so as to.... well, you know. :P

Yup, we gotta keep an eye on 'em.... masters of the 'slight of hand'...... :wave:  :lmao:

My thoughts exactly

Alls we can do is exspect the worst and hope for the best. No one nos what these clowns are doing. Could be today could be in 2 yrs from now. Just stay grounded it will go down when there ready. Ya cant go by the hipe on here or any ware else. Its been ready so many time and then the bottom falls out . They dont play nice in the sand box.

• Upvote 4

***///

Agree. There may be smoke & mirrors coming out of Baghdad right before the big event to get as many IQD off the streets & out of the hands of overseas investors. It has worked in the past when the Shabs was running the CBI.

Other MPs have even suggested no movement of the IQD until after elections awaiting Talibani's replacement. Talibani remains incapacitated thus can't pen off on many passed laws still sitting on the shelf gathering dust.

Just my take looking at both sides of the coin.

• Upvote 1

***///

As we said, LUIGI.... good you bring this in for us so we can  keep track of these guys and

their zany "spin-cycles"!       :twothumbs:

These guys have had 'OlSarge'sGals and 'OlSarge's IQD tossin' around in their spin cycle -

on HIGH - for so long now that THIS is how we looked in our last family portrait:  ===>  :blink:  :eek:  :wacko: ...!

:lol:

• Upvote 1

Well this was a little disheartening to read.. Waiting again another year can not be happening. Well there is a positive spin, maybe some of the parliament ministers will die off,  then the younger generation will fill their spots and vote on the laws for themselves. My great,  great,  great  grand kids will enjoy the forethought of their grandpa. I would like to see this happen b4 the old folks home men in white jackets come to take me away. lol

• Upvote 1

Well this was a little disheartening to read.. Waiting again another year can not be happening. Well there is a positive spin, maybe some of the parliament ministers will die off,  then the younger generation will fill their spots and vote on the laws for themselves. My great,  great,  great  grand kids will enjoy the forethought of their grandpa. I would like to see this happen b4 the old folks home men in white jackets come to take me away. lol

I believe it will happen soon. It must happen soon.

The IQD on the streets in Iraq are falling apart. They can't go on forever on the USD.

They will either have to print existing new currencies to replace the worn out bills or come out with the new lower denoms & coins.

The latter makes more sense & is more cost effective with fewer bills to print.

• Upvote 2

From another source...

A member of the Finance Committee, MP Haitham al Jubouri said "this year will not see replacing Iraq currency not delete three"

"Unstable political situation & the worsening situation prompted the CBI to postbone the project until it is political stability of the monetary policy of the country"

Luigi.....

Deleting the zeros is NOT a revaluation of the dinar we hold.....its a lop......thats fine if they dont wanna lop this year.....

• Upvote 4

From another source...

This new currency replacement has nothing to do with raising the value they are 2 things that need to be done the deleting of zeros only happens after they reach 1-1 or higher which could take until 2014 but if they float from now till than we could see more value starting as they float from 1166-1 or even start it at 1000-1. As for delelting the zeros only menas they are over a buck & it only happens in Iraq which is taking in the remaining 000 zero notes that the citizens held on to in a matteress.

• Upvote 2

So they are postponing the lop?  If they wanted to actually "lop" they could have done it long ago, no?  This "deleting the zeros" discussion has been going on for years and they keep changing their stance on it!   I thought it had been established that "deleting zeros" could also mean simply calling in the 3 zero notes over a period of time and not necessarily "lopping".........if they begin  a "float" anytime soon they could allow the value to rise and then lop the zeros.........who knows what this bunch of zeros might do!  It looks like the GOI zeros dont have a clue anymore than our Prez Zero does!

This new currency replacement has nothing to do with raising the value they are 2 things that need to be done the deleting of zeros only happens after they reach 1-1 or higher which could take until 2014 but if they float from now till than we could see more value starting as they float from 1166-1 or even start it at 1000-1. As for delelting the zeros only menas they are over a buck & it only happens in Iraq which is taking in the remaining 000 zero notes that the citizens held on to in a matteress.

Sounds Good .

Hope your right

Man you ugly

So they are postponing the lop?  If they wanted to actually "lop" they could have done it long ago, no?  This "deleting the zeros" discussion has been going on for years and they keep changing their stance on it!   I thought it had been established that "deleting zeros" could also mean simply calling in the 3 zero notes over a period of time and not necessarily "lopping".........if they begin  a "float" anytime soon they could allow the value to rise and then lop the zeros.........who knows what this bunch of zeros might do!  It looks like the GOI zeros dont have a clue anymore than our Prez Zero does!

Nope.....only the gurus started most of that nonsense.....

It is a lop....and they keep postponing it which is good for us.....its no different from how Turkey, Romania, and Zimbabwe deleted their zeros.....

• Upvote 2

Nope.....only the gurus started most of that nonsense.....

It is a lop....and they keep postponing it which is good for us.....its no different from how Turkey, Romania, and Zimbabwe deleted their zeros.....

100% correct....this is good news for us. We don't want them to RD which they obviously are planning to do once they get some stabilization among other things.

• Upvote 1

I believe it will happen soon. It must happen soon.

The IQD on the streets in Iraq are falling apart. They can't go on forever on the USD.

They will either have to print existing new currencies to replace the worn out bills or come out with the new lower denoms & coins.

The latter makes more sense & is more cost effective with fewer bills to print.

The bills are falling apart in the streets????? Really, you believe that???? Print more???? Nah, all they need to do is talk to the dinar dealers advertising on this site :twothumbs: . For some unknown reason :shrug:  they seem to have an inexhaustable supply of new and circulated bills. I know. I still have faith and keep buying..... :)

Edited by mgpwia1

Depressing as this may be, I don't think it's smoke... They are a dysfunctional government even by Middle East standards and have no way to deliver on the promise of their rich natural resources due to a fractured infrastructure. Most people in the currency market believe a RD is what will happen, then a float from there... Perhaps it's time we think this a real possibility and not smoke... Or at least as real as "any minute now"... As always, I hope I am SO wrong...

Depressing as this may be, I don't think it's smoke... They are a dysfunctional government even by Middle East standards and have no way to deliver on the promise of their rich natural resources due to a fractured infrastructure. Most people in the currency market believe a RD is what will happen, then a float from there... Perhaps it's time we think this a real possibility and not smoke... Or at least as real as "any minute now"... As always, I hope I am SO wrong...

I hope I'm wrong, too.

The USA, UN & IMF seems powerless to hold the Iraqis feet to the fire.

Iraq seems to progressing backwards, not forward. Some Iraqis even insisted there are those in the region that don't want to see Iraq progress.

Even Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia suggested Iraq break up into 3 separate nations to end all the in house feuding.

This would lessen the RV rates of three smaller republics vs one large nation & a single large RV event.

• Upvote 1