Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Wyoming lawmakers propose bill to nullify new federal gun laws

jonjon

Wyoming lawmakers propose bill to nullify new federal gun laws

w200-b12ba5a922a19361d93e984bc26cbaef.jpg

Wyoming lawmakers have proposed a new bill that, if passed, would nullify any federal restrictions on guns, threatening to jail federal agents attempting to confiscate guns, ammunition magazines or ammunition.

The bill – HB0104 – states that “any federal law which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming.”

The bill is sponsored by eight Wyoming state representatives ad two state senators. If passed, the bill would declare any federal gun regulation created on or after January 1, 2013 to be unenforceable within the state.

In addition, the bill states would charge federal officials attempting to enforce a federal gun law within the state with a felony – “subject to imprisonment for not more less than one (1) year and one (1) day or more than five (5) years, a fine of not more than two thousand dollars ($2,000.00) five thousand dollars ($5,000.00), or both.”

The bill also allows the Attorney General of Wyoming to defend a state citizen from any prosecution by the United States Government.

One of the bill’s co-sponsors, Wyoming State Senator Larry Hicks, told The Washington Examiner that this type of legislation sends a message to the federal government in Washington D.C.

“It says that your one size fits all solution doesn’t comport to what a vast majority of the state believes,” Hicks explained in an interview.

Citing the Tenth and the Second Amendments, Hicks asserted that the legislation was Constitutional, adding that he fully expected it to pass in the Wyoming state legislature. Hicks said that his Wyoming constituents were upset about the looming threat of gun control coming from Washington, particularly since Vice President Biden signaled yesterday that President Obama was willing to issue an executive order to tackle the gun issue.

“They are very, very upset that we’re going to see some level of federal takeover of our weapons and abuse of our rights given to us by the Second Amendment,” Hicks stated. “Also that the federal government will bypass our legislative officials and confiscate our weapons through executive order. This gives citizens of the Western United States a great deal of concern.”

Rep. Kendell Kroeker, the lawmaker that spearheaded the bill, explained that he hoped that the federal government would recognize their constitutional rights based on the Tenth and Second Amendments.

"I think that its necessary when the federal government violates our rights in the Constitution we have to act," he explained.

The proposed legislation has recieved a overwhelmingly positive response from their constituents, according to the bill's sponsors, even from citizens of other states.

Kroeker said that since he introduced the bill he has received up to 50 emails from constituents thanking him for standing up for their rights.

“Most of the feedback that I have received is very encouraging," explained State Rep. Mark Baker, a fellow co-sponsor. "Many citizens from other states have contacted me stating that they are envious of our state’s initiative."

Kroeker said that he currently owns several handguns, rifles, shotguns and an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle - the model targeted by gun control proponents.

"People in Washington tend to overreact," Kroeker said. "They try to place blame on gun owners punishing in the innocent to pay for the crimes of the guilty."

Hicks explained that the model of the bill was taken from a bill passed in the State of Montana in 2009 adding that it wasn’t much different from what he’d seen other states do.

“I don’t think this is controversial in Wyoming at all,” he added. “I fully expect this bill to pass.”

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 1

It is always good to observe men and women conducting their business

as men and women, instead of and in spite of persons who "act like a man"

while interfering in other folks business or personal affairs such as the

afore-mentioned people. A lot of us in America have observed a lot of " acting

like a man" in the federal government in recent years. I hope to see that group

of people gone sooner rather than later. This civic action appears to be a most

effective way of marginalizing and containing these agenda bender groups who

would deem themselves in control of and have authority over others lives and

destinies.

NMGarand

SOUNDS GREAT - BUT - since when can a state law override a federal law?

The Tenth Amendment (Amendment X) to the United States Constitution, which is part of the Bill of Rights, was ratified on December 15, 1791. The Tenth Amendment states the Constitution's principle of federalism by providing that powers not granted to the federal government by the Constitution, nor prohibited to the States, are reserved to the States or the people.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

JonJon has it dead on right.... Further, the Constitution which specifies the role of federal government, including its limitations in part was to insure the limitations and boundaries around the federal government. The federal government was never intended as a hierarchal trump over state law. That is further underscored by the fact we are a Republic and not a democracy.....If I can find the post about this, I'll copy into here later....

Bottom line, the State is supposed to retain the right, and its about time we start electing people who remember that! And before people start jumping on the other person's political party.. I don't either party has done such a sheet hot job at this... and the vote goes to the individual who really gets this as one of the most important fundamental positions of a candidate. States need to start reaffirming those boundaries and continue making state laws, like those regarding guns and smoking pot (or whatever) as an affirmation of this fundamental right underpinning the uniting of the states.

And the frickin UN needs to get that we are States united, and stop posturing with regard to their belief that the Federal Gov't should take a stand against laws passed by individual states (like the UN guy did re: the pot smoking laws of whichever states those were)

Thanks for the post JonJon... it continues to remind us to keep our eye on the goal... to remain on purpose and figure out what is really important in terms of our energy in supporting and defending that which makes these states united the magnificent country it is. th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

• Upvote 3

LOL! The 10th amendment ring a bell?

WY will become a very crowded state as everyone tries to move there, including myself.

Some WY communities even passed legislation everyone must cary a firearm.

That is why WY has the lowest crime rate in the nation.

Liberals still don't get it.

You have 8 others to chose from.

The "Firearms Freedom Act" states that very thing and has been adopted by 8 states so far:

These "Freedom Acts" state that no gun law passed by the federal government will be honored within the boarders of the states who have passed the "Firearms Freedom Act"

http://firearmsfreedomact.com/state-by-state/

• Upvote 2

The Tenth Amendment (Amendment X) to the United States Constitution, which is part of the Bill of Rights, was ratified on December 15, 1791. The Tenth Amendment states the Constitution's principle of federalism by providing that powers not granted to the federal government by the Constitution, nor prohibited to the States, are reserved to the States or the people.

jonjon took the neg away for you,thank you for posting the right information for everyone to see.

thanks coolbean for the link

Here's a humorous and somewhat ironic little footnote. While researching the great state of Wyoming, I came across the notable Wyomingite (?) list. As it turns out, D!ck Cheney is from there.....and we all know what a fantastic shot he is. laugh.gif

GO RV, then BV

Hey Shabs With the proper flack jacket and pants. I would quail hunt with the guy anyday. smile.gif

• Upvote 1

It appears "nullification" is the chance we have to beat back an over-zealous rabid unconstitutional Federal government.

The states, Jefferson wrote, "have the unquestionable right to judge of [the Constitution's] infraction; and that a nullification, by [the states], of all unauthorized acts done under color of [the Constitution], is the rightful remedy." That's pretty strong language — "an unquestionable right" to be the judge; the "rightful remedy" being "nullification" of unconstitutional laws by the states. No equivocation there.

They call us "Tenther's". I embrace it.

NULLIFICATION ARTICLE