Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why do I need an assault rifle?

divemaster5734

Make no mistake about it, as tragic as the CT shooting was and is, some of these anti gun knuckleheads are giddy about their good fortune in being able to point and say see! we need to ban guns. This tragedy is being politicized by the anti gun crowd. They did not even have the decency to wait a few days before running their mouths about gun control.

I like the Texas legislature's response. My wife told me of an article stating that it is now legal for teachers in Texas schools to be armed. :)

Best of Blessings,

Mark

• Upvote 2

divermaster..I am sorry my intitial post sounded so negative of your post. After finally reading the post and not just the title I agree with your post 100%. We need all we can get if it comes to what the 2nd amendment was supposed to protect us against and that is an aggressive government.

• Upvote 1

divermaster..I am sorry my intitial post sounded so negative of your post. After finally reading the post and not just the title I agree with your post 100%. We need all we can get if it comes to what the 2nd amendment was supposed to protect us against and that is an aggressive government.

No worries, I understood the meaning of your post.

I should have clarified my statement anyway, as it could easily have been interpreted to be a blanket statement stereotyping all pastors , which it was not.

You followed your calling, and spoke the truth revealed to you through the Spirit.

That was not easy, and unfortunately, not popular either.

Rest assured, your message was not wasted, and some seeds that were planted have have begun to grow.

We are "birds of a feather", and brothers in Christ.

Be Blessed.

• Upvote 1

For the People that do not know what an assault rifle is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_rifle

An assault rifle is a selective fire (either fully automatic or burst capable) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine. It is not to be confused with assault weapons.[1] Assault rifles are the standard service rifles in most modern armies. Assault rifles are categorized in between light machine guns, which are intended more for sustained automatic fire in a light support role, and submachine guns, which fire a pistol cartridge rather than a rifle cartridge.

Examples of assault rifles include the StG 44, AK-47,[2] M16 rifle, QBZ-95, INSAS, Heckler & Koch G36, and Enfield SA80.

The assault rifle became the standard military rifle in the post-World War II era. The Soviet Union led the way with the AK-47, and other nations followed later. Combat experience during the World Wars had shown that most infantry combat took place at 200–300 meters (218–328 yards) distance and that the winner of any given firefight would most likely be the one with the highest rate of fire. The rifle cartridges of the day were therefore unnecessarily powerful, producing recoil and report in exchange for marginal benefit. The lower power of the intermediate cartridge meant that each soldier could fire more bullets faster and/or with less recoil and its lighter weight allowed more ammunition to be carried.

What they sell in the stores is a look alike - assault rifles

Assault Rifles are Very Hard to Get, BATF Does special back round checks before they hand out one of those Licences

Don't be fooled by the main street News Media that has an agenda !!

Hope everyone had a Great Holiday, and Pray for all of the People In CT

bob

• Upvote 1

When I think back on it.....it really ticks me off. I was a highly trained soldier in the Army and I had to keep my weapon in the arms room during peace time. They wouldn't even let me keep it in my wall locker.......WTH was that all about? There are thousands of private citizens with little to no training with weapons all over their homes. blink.gif

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

When I think back on it.....it really ticks me off. I was a highly trained soldier in the Army and I had to keep my weapon in the arms room during peace time. They wouldn't even let me keep it in my wall locker.......WTH was that all about? There are thousands of private citizens with little to no training with weapons all over their homes. blink.gif

GO RV, then BV

How do you think those soldiers at Ft. Hood felt when that fanatic moron started capping their friends?

Just more asinine policies in place that do nothing but create more victims.

That is why we need to remove the gun restrictions.

It won't take long before all the nut jobs that slipped through the cracks and got a gun will have been taken out by a sensible gun owner, then watch the crime rates drop.

Most criminals are cowards and only attack when they have a room full of unarmed victims.

When was the last time a police station was picked by a psycho for a random act of violence?

My point exactly.

Give a cops a break, pack a piece and cap a fruitcake often...

• Upvote 1

How do you think those soldiers at Ft. Hood felt when that fanatic moron started capping their friends?

Just more asinine policies in place that do nothing but create more victims.

That is why we need to remove the gun restrictions.

It won't take long before all the nut jobs that slipped through the cracks and got a gun will have been taken out by a sensible gun owner, then watch the crime rates drop.

Most criminals are cowards and only attack when they have a room full of unarmed victims.

When was the last time a police station was picked by a psycho for a random act of violence?

My point exactly.

Give a cops a break, pack a piece and cap a fruitcake often...

Thanks Dive. I was actually being sarcastic though. The military should NEVER allow it's troops to have 24/7 possession of their issued weapon, on a military installation, during peace time. I'm sure you served with at least one person who shouldn't have been allowed to care a weapon EVER. mellow.gif

GO RV, then BV