Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Children shot and killed at Connecticut school: report Reuters – 7 mins ago

Bumper64

<LI class=g>

WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON!!! GOD HAVE MERCY

Villager slashes 22 kids with knife at elementary school gates in China

worldnews.nbcnews.com/_.../15901085-villager-slashes-22-kids-with...You +1'd this publicly. Undo20 hours ago – BEIJING -- A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary school in central China on Friday, state media reported, the ...

these children were 6-10

Luci

Edited by DumNDumer

Saw where someone posted this on FB after Columbine shooting and it applies to this also!!

532048_4226090094255_710863633_n.jpg

Bumper,

That's so true!!

Today should be an awakening.

My heart crys for all those with lost loved ones.

I told my husband,

other then LOTS OF PRAYER maybe it time our teachers and staff wear bullet proof vests and carry a gun.

I don't mind the flack from the statement above, i just wonder if it was of our teachers, staff or children how we would really feel.

I know Only God can be the strength needed to make it each day.

Blessings

Luci

you wont see these jackasses walking into a police station and killing 30 people ..they know they are armed those police will blow their skulls into hamburger... so they go where they know people are unarmed ... and the democrats say .. i know .. lets disarm everyone .. that will fix it .... disarm the police first .. and then we can see how that works out ..... if that works .. disarming the police and the criminals will have what weapons they choose off the black market ... then we will concider it .. i got one thing to say about disarment .. read this .. and never forget .. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Reginald_Denny

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

I don't want to stir things up, and genuinely respect the opinions and beliefs of every one of my colleagues here on DV. And I have to say there is something about that cartoon that really bothers me. It somehow seems to suggest that God is not greater than any human rule. I can't put my finger on it, but came across this and I think it gets at what I am trying to drill down on in articulating what my discomfort is about...

I personally think that God defies human ability for true definitionor explanation,… yet at the same time, I can say within the limits of my humanability that; God is that which is True Love. And in that Love God gave us choice. We can accept that love relationshipwith Him, or reject it.. God is not a Puppet Master who created inherently goodrobots. The choice to accept His Love and celebrate relationship with Him, isnot at all a choice that is genuine, or real, or meaningful if there were no otheroption or freedom of choice to reject Him. Free-Will most certainly opens thepossibility of evil, but without the possibility of that choice, the happiness,joy, and profound depth of Love in being freely and by choice voluntarilyunited or connected to Him and each other through Him, would not exist. And having made that choice, there isnothing on this earth that will take that away from me. Greater is He within me, than he who isin the world.

With today's tragic loss of young life, It concerns me that so many people focus on God allowing bad thingsto happen, while they ignore the other side of choice in God’s offer and allowance for wonderful,amazing, and incredibly joyous things to happen. It is our choice in acceptingor rejecting that which God offers. And as a God of free-will, He can’t puppetmaster one thing for this person and that thing for another, while ignoring theconsequences of either decision in the lives of still other people on thisplanet. What might be the answer to my prayer and the best for me may in turnbe the worst of all possibilities imagined for another. It’s all veryconsistent and clear… either God is a puppet master; which I can’t even wrap mybrain around, or God is a God of free-will.

With this recent tragedy, I find it troubling that people would assign God theresponsibility for the actions of human beings, which in a rather twisted way,gives humans an out for taking personal responsibility for their individual actions.I don’t need the schools permission to pray, anymore than I need the grocer’spermission, or the librarian’s, or the guy in the car next to me. Personally, Idon’t need to speak out loud in offering my prayers to God, and I believe Heknows my heart, hears my words and I don’t need to shout them out, or evenspeak them aloud in order to be heard and known by Him. Nor do I need anyone’spermission to teach my children to live their lives as a prayer, to pray thoughthe day, wherever and whenever they want, in connecting with God from theirhearts. It is in every way dangerous to give the impression to anyone that theycan stop me from praying, that I am not praying unless I pray out-loud, or thatsomehow God in not with me unless I have offered public prayers. Even more so itsrather dangerous to actually believe this is true for yourself and operate out of that as a personal condition in yourrelationship with God.

It's as if we get lost in the words we use, or get socaught up in a concept, or inspired by a slogan, that we forget the “spirit” inand of what we are saying. It would be sad if not tragic if people started tobelieve they had no connection to God unless they were able to speak publicly toHim. Or that God was not present absent community participation in prayers toHim. God is not limited, His Grace is not limited, His Blessings are notlimited, why is it we are so quick to limit God to some formula we believe isnecessary in order to connect with God. People seem to so readily eliminate Godfrom their personal life equation, because the circumstance doesn’t fit theirpersonal picture of what it should look like.

Why are people so quick to limit the Glory of God, or Hispresence in our lives? To me, that is far more destructive than any rulingabout where we can or can’t publicly pray. What kind of example is this topeople who do not yet know of God in their lives? Folks are jumping all overthe question of why God did not prevent something. How do we know that were itnot for His Grace, it would have been far worse? Who are we to say how God mayor may not use this event? I’m pretty sure that blaming Him for not stopping it,or assigning responsibility to the banning of public prayer or some other formulafor connecting with God, is far more limiting to His Glory, His Love, or HisGifts than anything that is actually of God (and not humans)…

Why do these things happen? I don’t know. But I do know the factI can’t pray publicly does not now nor will it ever diminish my prayers orconnection with God. I will not be tricked into thinking that God is thatpowerless, nor my prayers to Him that futile because they do not follow someformula determined by man. I will not be fooled into thinking that if I can’tpray out-loud, God will not hear me. And it would be my prayer that no one believesor ever comes to believe that human actions could or would ever diminish thepower of God.

If you believe it, then live it, and don’tlet anyone pull you into meaningless debate or jousting with windmills of humanmaking. Doing so will hold you captive to an unconscious acceptance of alimited God. Embracing the formulas of man will only take you further from fullout relationship with God’s Love, and diminish in your life, the Power that is God.

[End]

I guess for me, God can and will overcome any limitation man puts on Him, and its up to us not to be taken off course and remain true to our responsibility for our relationship with God, remain in prayer with our lives and hearts, and don't let anyone take that reality from you with distracting issues that are man made and in turn limit God.

Blessings ~~

• Upvote 4

All eyes are on this tragedy today. We all need to pray for the school, the families, the children that are safe, and especially those families that have lost children.

God, we are left without words to this unthinkable tragedy. Comfort the community and these families with your love and grace. Help us as a society to understand the nature of this event and that those who murdered these children and adults will feel your wrath and judgment.

Father, help us as a people to bring you back into our life. Change our way of thinking that we may become different people, a people who walk in your way and know your love. Change our heart and the heart of those who are mentally sick and depressed. Give us hope.

And God, please forgive us for forsaking you and taken you out of our life. We want you. We need you. We must have you with us.

In Jesus' name.

I also think we all have and should have the the right to carry, taking away our rights will never stop the bad guys! But I agree prayer is what is needed most, thank you Neig for your posted prayer!

• Upvote 1

That's awful Bump. I have no idea what is up with some of these nuts these days. It really does make me think twice about gun laws. I really want to keep mine......but I don't want people like that to have theirs. How do we fix it?

GO RV, then BV

In Israel all teacher's have guns... to protect the kid's in their classroom. If that one young teacher who shielded her kids and died in the attempt was able to shoot back instead... it could have saved other lives as well as her own. The facts are plain... when second's count the police are minutes away!!! Imho... We have grown too dependent on "someone else taking care of us"... and it's time to protect ourselves. In TN. concealed permit carriers are allowed to carry their guns into theaters... that Batman shooter would have been dead "right quick" here in TN. believe me. Why not schools? Many schools have only one officer, if that... easy pickings if the gunman took him out first... but what if every teacher had a gun? Just a thought that probably won't happen in our ever increasing finger pointing environment.... blame an inanimate object like guns... not the real problem... the psychopath who was going to try to kill people one way or the other.

In Isreal...

577086_458959057480066_918189548_n.jpg

... and of course...

14407_464911870218118_741381146_n.jpg

I will end with this bit of logic that goes over so many Gun control peoples heads... "If guns are taken away from law abiding citizens then only the criminals will have guns"... and that isn't a very pleasant thought. dry.gif

• Upvote 4

Great Spirit, oh lord, Sacred Ones

I call to you to be with those children

Our beloved children has left this world

And is returned to you with love.

I call to our ancestors who are walking in the light

And are willing to help at this time

Come, and be with our loved ones:

She/he is waiting for you and may not know to look for you.

I pray that you will come to her/him now

And hold her/him in your arms.

Please comfort this child in knowing

That this lifetime on earth is complete

And guide them to safety in your world.

I give thanks to our love ones for their life on earth

And that she/he chose to share her/his short lifetime with us.

Whilst I feel deep sadness at her/his parting,

I release any ties that may hold her/him in the earthly realm

And entrust those children to your care.

Thank you Jesus!!!!!!! AMEN!!!!!!

SnooZ

ThankYou-1.gifThat was a beautiful prayer definitely deserves a +1

• Upvote 1

Because prayer isn't allowed in school. That's the reason these children were murdered.

I see.

That's the kind of thinking that allows conservatives to believe the Iraq war was about freedom, not oil.

The reasoning is this - I want to believe what I want to believe, regardless of any facts. After all, it's faith and faith can explain anything. It's all God's will.

Your faith also explains away the real reasons for the war. It's convenient to say it was for freedom, not for oil. Because Islam is evil. They are trying to get us. That's what FOX told you. But it doesn't have anything to do with facts. No WMD's found. Saddam not involved in 911 (Bush quoted).

Denial is very strong.

Only people who are afraid carry around guns with them. The land of the free and the home of the brave?

We are neither free, nor are we brave.

You really aren't that sharp are you? You obviously didn't read the prior posts, as it's a FACT as gun ownership has increased the violent crime rates have been dropping like crazy. " We are neither free, nor are we brave" Really if that's what you think there is no help for you, and I do believe you, you aren't brave. Carrying a gun has nothing to do with being afraid, so what do you think EMTs and first responders carry med kits in their own vehicles because they are afraid or because they may need them in an emergency to help someone? Same goes for firearms. Way more people die each year from medical mistakes then guns by far, maybe we should ban doctors too right? Maybe you should move back home to Iran where you can practice your Islam somewhere else.

You also should read a thread before opening your mouth and proving your ignorance, just keep quiet and let us all just assume you are. The only thing you've contributed to this thread is anti gun rhetoric, I've seen nothing from you about your feelings for the victims. You know kind of the point behind the entire thread, right? Talk about pushing your own delusional agenda, maybe you and O can go discuss policy changes in a Chicago bathhouse! :rolleyes:/>

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 5

Because prayer isn't allowed in school. That's the reason these children were murdered.

I see.

That's the kind of thinking that allows conservatives to believe the Iraq war was about freedom, not oil.

The reasoning is this - I want to believe what I want to believe, regardless of any facts. After all, it's faith and faith can explain anything. It's all God's will.

Your faith also explains away the real reasons for the war. It's convenient to say it was for freedom, not for oil. Because Islam is evil. They are trying to get us. That's what FOX told you. But it doesn't have anything to do with facts. No WMD's found. Saddam not involved in 911 (Bush quoted).

Denial is very strong.

Only people who are afraid carry around guns with them. The land of the free and the home of the brave?

We are neither free, nor are we brave.

You seem to read but not read. You take in then twist it to however suits you. Where in my post Hame is the word prayer where do I say we need to pray in school. I believe what i said is that God is no longer welcome in most public places. Take the chip off your shoulder Hame.

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 3

Right Snot.

Good thought. It's be like the Wild West. Get drunk in any bar, take out the old .357 and blast the next guy. The undertaker cleans up...

Carry a gun in the car - a guys cuts you off and you blast them. Takes care of it, no?

More guns for everyone! Then there will be less shooting! That really makes sense.

You know what I think? A lot of righties out there don't want psychological tests to own a gun to weed out the crazies...they're afraid they will not pass the test.

Snot...any questions?

Hame... Shame... Blame ;)/> As a matter of fact, I do have a few questions..... what is wrong with you? Why are you so hostile? How long have you suffered from this personality disorder? Where does all that anger come from? Were you abused as a child? Did the other kids beat you up a lot in school? Do all your girlfriends leave you because of your bad attitude? Is there a dark cloud that follows you around? Just haven't found the right "cocktail" to even out your chemical imbalance yet? Are you capable of understanding the concept that the bad guys have guns (and always will) so the good guys have no choice but to fight fire with fire? Can you wrap your head around the fact that we "righties" aren't the crazy ones and that we function quite well in an armed society... as long as we are armed too? Did you miss... or just dismiss... the point made earlier that removing God from our schools, our government, and our homes is a possible factor in all this horrific violence? Who is more prone to turn their back on God... the left or the right?

I already live in what's left of the Wild West... and I do carry a gun. Victim does not suit me. Free and fearless does. There are monsters out there.... yes indeed! Being armed means no one can "force" me to do anything.... they must reason with me. I am equally as deadly as a man twice my size. It is my right and my responsibility to protect myself and my family and those around me if I can. You might be willing to just lie down and take it, hand over your car and wallet, cower helplessly in the corner as a homicidal maniac shoots indiscriminately around the room.... but I'm not.

• Upvote 5

You seem to read but not read. You take in then twist it to however suits you. Where in my post Hame is the word prayer where do I say we need to pray in school. I believe what i said is that God is no longer welcome in most public places. Take the chip off your shoulder Hame.

It's your own fault buddy, you keep using big words and the Iranian translator is getting them confused. I agree with you we've thrown God out of almost everything in our lives and then can't figure out why people run around with no personal responsibility, self control, morals, respect for life, limb, or property, this country is turning into a bunch of animals, maybe it is time for the judgement day! <_</>

Great post Snotrocket yes you do have the right to defend yourself and your family, I couldn't agree more. Think back to great grandpa Hame53 over in Germany. The Nazis are our friends, we don't need guns, they won't hurt us, yep we all know how that one turned out.

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 3

Come on people and stop all the arguing about guns and what can and have been done by using them. IMO the original topic that you were addressing was about the children and the other adults who were murdered at the school in CT. I don't believe that BUMPER meant for this to be used to get on the subject of gun control in America, so can we now just say a prayer for the families who lost their loved ones and move forward with this? Thank you all.

• Upvote 2

I just have to respond....

Guns don't kill people, People who should not have guns kill people. It is a well known fact that a well armed populace deter violent crime.

Think about some of the impassioned articles over the last year.

1- 12 year old girl kills armed intruder with gun her father trained her to use safely

2- Single mom wounds would be rapist who threatened to have his way with her and 2 teenaged daughters.

3- Store owner kills Robber who wounds customer who failed to drop to floor fast enough.

The list goes on and on.

If we blame guns for the horror that took place in that school, then I blame the fork for making me over weight, the pencil for electing our current leader, my car for causing me to get a speeding ticket..... See where I'm going with this ?

As a poster said and I am sorry cant remember who, 80,000,000 gun owners behaved responsibly today...

Doe's not take away from the tragedy but put the blame were it should be, on mentally unstable people with access to guns.

pp

• Upvote 3

I just have to respond....

Guns don't kill people, People who should not have guns kill people. It is a well known fact that a well armed populace deter violent crime.

Think about some of the impassioned articles over the last year.

1- 12 year old girl kills armed intruder with gun her father trained her to use safely

2- Single mom wounds would be rapist who threatened to have his way with her and 2 teenaged daughters.

3- Store owner kills Robber who wounds customer who failed to drop to floor fast enough.

The list goes on and on.

If we blame guns for the horror that took place in that school, then I blame the fork for making me over weight, the pencil for electing our current leader, my car for causing me to get a speeding ticket..... See where I'm going with this ?

As a poster said and I am sorry cant remember who, 80,000,000 gun owners behaved responsibly today...

Doe's not take away from the tragedy but put the blame were it should be, on mentally unstable people with access to guns.

pp

Fully approved !!! Thank you !! :)

SnooZ

• Upvote 1

Which sign do you think would be more effective?

381994_574381692579023_1985206102_n.jpg

those cowards wont go where they are armed .. you will never see one of these kids walking into a police station and shhoting 30 police .. they know they are armed .. they go where they know guns are prohibited ..

when the police get close they shoot themselves .. they are cowards ..shooting little kids ..

we should make a law that no liberals can own a fire arm .

then the police can show up after the crime .. like they do .. and secure the crime scene .. and write their report ..

police cannot guarentee our safety .. ask any police officer .. if they guarentee our safety.. they will tell you to arm yourself..

the liberals want only gang members to have guns ..

it sure will be easy to rob banks and stores .. and people in general when the criminals know no one is armed ..

like i said dis arm the liberals .. thats a good start .

they talk about the guns being aquired legally .. sorry if i buy a gun legally ....then "I AQUIRED THEM LEGALLY " .......if someone steals them .. did that thief aquire them legally ?

the kid stole the guns off his mother .. they werent obtained legally ..the whole liberal arguement is rediculous ..

if he went in to her purse and took all her cash .. thats stealing .. same goes for her guns .. the thief stloe the guns .. he got them illegally ....if he didnt get the guns illegaly .. how long did he half to wait before he was sold the firearm.. how long was his waiting period .. and show me his registration.

• Upvote 2

those cowards wont go where they are armed .. you will never see one of these kids walking into a police station and shhoting 30 police .. they know they are armed .. they go where they know guns are prohibited ..

when the police get close they shoot themselves .. they are cowards ..shooting little kids ..

we should make a law that no liberals can own a fire arm .

then the police can show up after the crime .. like they do .. and secure the crime scene .. and write their report ..

police cannot guarentee our safety .. ask any police officer .. if they guarentee our safety.. they will tell you to arm yourself..

the liberals want only gang members to have guns ..

it sure will be easy to rob banks and stores .. and people in general when the criminals know no one is armed ..

like i said dis arm the liberals .. thats a good start .

they talk about the guns being aquired legally .. sorry if i buy a gun legally ....then "I AQUIRED THEM LEGALLY " .......if someone steals them .. did that thief aquire them legally ?

the kid stole the guns off his mother .. they werent obtained legally ..the whole liberal arguement is rediculous ..

if he went in to her purse and took all her cash .. thats stealing .. same goes for her guns .. the thief stloe the guns .. he got them illegally ....if he didnt get the guns illegaly .. how long did he half to wait before he was sold the firearm.. how long was his waiting period .. and show me his registration.

Dis-arm the liberals . Listen to you. Your every bit as bad as they are. This whole teat for tat thing has gotten completely out of hand. wacko.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dis-arm the liberals . Listen to you. Your every bit as bad as they are. This whole teat for tat thing has gotten completely out of hand. wacko.gif

.. your as bad as the liberals . its a logical conclusion .. the liberals want gun controll .. lets let them lead by example .. we should tag the libs too .. like cattle so we know if its a liberal who gets gunned down .. we can put a tag in their ear.. with a number on it ..they are not going to be expierimenting on me ..

talk about teat for tatt .. look at you .. jumping on my posts .. thats not titt for tatt .. your exempt from your logic .. just like a typical liberal .. you can pretend all you want dogg ..you can stick your tick up your tack .. you dont need to be attacking people .. ..just listen to yourself .

• Upvote 1

.. your as bad as the liberals . its a logical conclusion .. the liberals want gun controll .. lets let them lead by example .. we should tag the libs too .. like cattle so we know if its a liberal who gets gunned down .. we can put a tag in their ear.. with a number on it ..they are not going to be expierimenting on me ..

talk about teat for tatt .. look at you .. jumping on my posts .. thats not titt for tatt .. your exempt from your logic .. just like a typical liberal .. you can pretend all you want dogg ..you can stick your tick up your tack .. you dont need to be attacking people .. ..just listen to yourself .

Like cattle so we know if its a liberal who gets gunned down. And I`m the one who is exempt from logic. You have obviously mistaken me for something I am not donlop. But I do not think any conservatives on this board will agree to what you have just stated. We are all human beings liberals and conservatives and to think because they want gun control and we do not its ok for them to die from a bad mans bullet just so you can say I told you so. hahahahaha Naaaaaa count me out my friend.

Edited by dog53
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

LIBoy, with all respect due, we gotta give people the space to deal with this the way that works best for them. Not everyone can do that the way that perhaps works best for you. For some people such tragic news involving little ones is so incredibly painful they have to distance themselves a bit from that pain, yet still want to participate.... of those there are many who work through this kind of tragedy or news this tragic by activity or movement and they go to a place of immediately wanting to prevent this from happening again. For some people dealing with this by actively searching for answers to prevent further occurance is how they best cope... LiLBoy, we can't all do it the same way.... we don't all do it the same way... and just because someone does not do it our way, does not make them wrong or selfish, or less sensitive to the horror of this tragedy... indeed I would suggest they are perhaps more sensitive than not.

Now if someone is in here agitating for pure reason of agenda, and to stir up debate and nothing more.... and therein completely insensitive to the pain of the surviving children, siblings and parents... I would agree that this is not the place. However, I see nothing in the comments of the long-standing DV members commenting in any single post that suggests anything more than individuals attempting to cope with this information in the way that works best for them. And we will not ever all look the same in how we do that.

Blessings ~~

I'm not talking about what's "right for people", I'm talking about what is respectful for the victims and their families. If you are military, I'm surprised that you don't have a fuller comprehension of what I am talking about. This isn't about you, or I or anyone else on these forums. This is strictly about the families involved in the massacre and how we, as God fearing Americans should follow the grieving process that we have followed for centuries because it is a respectful process. The grieving process always begins with a moment of silence out of respect for the deceased. Yesterday should have been that moment of silence. However many people took it as a opportunity to get up on their soapbox and start lecturing their beliefs on gun control and the right to bear arms. That was neither the time nor the place to do it.

I waited until today to respond to you because I was not going to get caught in the fray yesterday and be hypocritical to my original statement. Instead, yesterday, I spent the day half in prayer and mediatation and half having fun with my kids. I felt that was the best way to honor the victims and their families.

Moment of silence

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A moment of silence is the expression for a period of silent contemplation, prayer, reflection, or meditation. Similar to flying a flag at half-mast, a moment of silence is often a gesture of respect, particularly in mourning for those who have died recently or as part of a tragic historical event.

• Upvote 1

I'm not talking about what's "right for people", I'm talking about what is respectful for the victims and their families. If you are military, I'm surprised that you don't have a fuller comprehension of what I am talking about. This isn't about you, or I or anyone else on these forums. This is strictly about the families involved in the massacre and how we, as God fearing Americans should follow the grieving process that we have followed for centuries because it is a respectful process. The grieving process always begins with a moment of silence out of respect for the deceased. Yesterday should have been that moment of silence. However many people took it as a opportunity to get up on their soapbox and start lecturing their beliefs on gun control and the right to bear arms. That was neither the time nor the place to do it.

I waited until today to respond to you because I was not going to get caught in the fray yesterday and be hypocritical to my original statement. Instead, yesterday, I spent the day half in prayer and mediatation and half having fun with my kids. I felt that was the best way to honor the victims and their families.

Moment of silence

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A moment of silence is the expression for a period of silent contemplation, prayer, reflection, or meditation. Similar to flying a flag at half-mast, a moment of silence is often a gesture of respect, particularly in mourning for those who have died recently or as part of a tragic historical event.

Ahhhhh gotcha LIBoy, thanks for the clarification and I do understand what you're saying I myself may have jumped into the fray instinctually in my own way figuring out how to prevent this, before pausing in rememberance of those kids. Point taken.

And btw, I think few on this board have any doubt I am military to the bone.... and will live that oath until I take my place with others in our final home. wink.gif

Thanks for the response.....

Blessings~~~~

• Upvote 2