Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Children shot and killed at Connecticut school: report Reuters – 7 mins ago

Bumper64

All eyes are on this tragedy today. We all need to pray for the school, the families, the children that are safe, and especially those families that have lost children.

God, we are left without words to this unthinkable tragedy. Comfort the community and these families with your love and grace. Help us as a society to understand the nature of this event and that those who murdered these children and adults will feel your wrath and judgment.

Father, help us as a people to bring you back into our life. Change our way of thinking that we may become different people, a people who walk in your way and know your love. Change our heart and the heart of those who are mentally sick and depressed. Give us hope.

And God, please forgive us for forsaking you and taken you out of our life. We want you. We need you. We must have you with us.

In Jesus' name.

Amen

• Upvote 2

We just had a "Breaking News" go across our tv here in Central Florida saying that all schools are beefing up security today and for an extended period of time!

In Osceola County, Florida we already have our schools high fenced and a police man or two ALWAYS on duty at each of our schools!!

I like the idea of beefing them up MORE~~

• Upvote 2

We just had a "Breaking News" go across our tv here in Central Florida saying that all schools are beefing up security today and for an extended period of time!

In Osceola County, Florida we already have our schools high fenced and a police man or two ALWAYS on duty at each of our schools!!

I like the idea of beefing them up MORE~~

Bumper thats how it will begin beefing up cops then installing metal detectors, then eventually TSA foddling who ever comes into the schools it will eventually spread to public places.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Bumper thats how it will begin beefing up cops then installing metal detectors, then eventually TSA foddling who ever comes into the schools it will eventually spread to public places.

Some of our local schools already have the metal detectors!!

I like the idea of better security doors on classrooms! They can easily be opened from the inside by the kids but someone can't just walk up and open a classroom door from the outside!!

They need to find better ways of keeping our kids safe!!

I am not high on the TSA people, deal with them enough at our airports!!angry.gif

• Upvote 3

Knife-wielding man injures 22 children in China

Reuters13 hrs ago

BEIJING (Reuters) - A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary schoolin central China on Friday, state media reported, the latest in a series of attacks on schoolchildren in the country.

The man attacked the children at the gate of a school in Chenpeng village in Henan province, theXinhua news agency reported.

Police arrested a 36-year-old man, identified as villager Min Yingjun, Xinhua said. It did not give further details of the extent of the injuries.

There have been a series of attacks on schools and schoolchildren around China in recent years, some by people who have lost their jobs or felt left out of the country's economic boom.

The rash of violence has prompted public calls for more measures to protect the young in a country where many couples only have one child.

In 2010, a man slashed 28 children, two teachers and a security guard in a kindergarten in eastern China.

WHAT IS HAPPENING, PEOPLE ARE GOING CRAZY!

Not true that people will kill with anything...guns are the easiest way to kill and should be used only with real psycho/background checks.

Like I said, take away guns and they will find other ways of hurting and killing people!! SEE ABOVE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Upvote 5

Knife-wielding man injures 22 children in China

Reuters13 hrs ago

BEIJING (Reuters) - A knife-wielding man slashed 22 children and an adult at an elementary schoolin central China on Friday, state media reported, the latest in a series of attacks on schoolchildren in the country.

The man attacked the children at the gate of a school in Chenpeng village in Henan province, theXinhua news agency reported.

Police arrested a 36-year-old man, identified as villager Min Yingjun, Xinhua said. It did not give further details of the extent of the injuries.

There have been a series of attacks on schools and schoolchildren around China in recent years, some by people who have lost their jobs or felt left out of the country's economic boom.

The rash of violence has prompted public calls for more measures to protect the young in a country where many couples only have one child.

In 2010, a man slashed 28 children, two teachers and a security guard in a kindergarten in eastern China.

WHAT IS HAPPENING, PEOPLE ARE GOING CRAZY!

Like I said, take away guns and they will find other ways of hurting and killing people!! SEE ABOVE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

demonic its happening more often

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ask me how that is working in Mexico....We live in daily FEAR from the mafia. Daily busloads of people are pulled over and executed. Daily young men are hung by their necks on an over pass. Daily businesses are extorted for money....Why? Citizens do not have guns. That is why. Take a look at Korea. The new Kim leader is starving millions. Forcefully starving them to consolidate his power. Guess what? No guns allowed.

Taking away guns from citizens is a terrible idea. Think if the jews had had guns when the Nazis rolled in.

"The new Kim leader is starving millions. Forcefully starving them to consolidate his power. Guess what? No guns allowed."

So if they had guns they would have food? Who are you kidding? Just ask The tens of thousands of people who have lost a loved one, specially children to a gun shot what they think about guns, if we had the same tough gun laws across the country I guarantee you there would be a lot less crime. Unfortunatelly IRA has all the politians in their pocket.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

I truly wish I had the answer to that!!

I carry a gun everyday, it is not so I can hurt someone but so in the event that I might be able to HELP someone!

it's just sad any way we look at it!!

I know this will not go over well with a lot of DV members but I would like to see prisons like in the old days!!

Take away cable TV, make them get out and work in the heat and cold instead of AC and Heat!

More executions and have some on TV!! "Harsh" I know but something needs to change the thinking of these people!

Make these people think before commenting a crime!!

JMO!!!

I AGREE 100%. I also carry, for the protection of myself and those around me. Just think, If one teacher had been armed, how might this have turned out.

GOD BLESS!!! LORD SEND THE RAIN!!!

Edited by Liljohn
  • Upvote 7

And some people still think everybody should have a gun, I'm 55 years old and never touched a gun in my life, guns should be banned for the general public, only people that pass a background check and have a reason to buy a gun should have them.

Before we take away guns lets earn more abo. Was he on drugs or what. To take guns from law abiding citizens is over reacting.ut the individual

• Upvote 3

I guess if we want to ban guns because people are killed by them, then we would need to ban alcohol, cellphones, and anything else that causes the loss of life. I am sure there are many more killed by the use of these than guns. It all boils down to the fact that the people who misuse them are the ones at fault.

• Upvote 8

This is the worst possible news we could hear today -- other than one of those children being ours -- My heart is so heavy for all the survivors of this horrific deed -- I know first hand what it is like to lose a child though not in this way --( my son age 17) There will be scars on these parents- teachers and children's lives for a life time -

How in God's name ------ how can any human take the life of another human - It just blows my mind -- I just cannot understand how a human being's mind could get so warped that it would react to hurt and end another life -- I can understand suicide much better -

I am so sorry this has happened - it sure has taken the wind out of my sail today and for the holiday -- Life is so precious - Be Kind !

• Upvote 4

i know this sounds stupid but before we take away our right to defend ourselves .. maybe in the case of children we could secure the perimeter .. with fence and a security guard station at the gate ... theres a general electric plant down the road from me and theres no way to get in without causing a scene .. like climbing the fence .. over the years i wanted to stop in to apply for work but ya cant get in .. its all done through state employment office .. but any way

ya cant puit a guard at every door in a school.. with out huge costs ,, but a fenced in school yard with cameras motion dectors ect .. it can be set up to be secure ..but if those target ares for mentally disturbed are secured .. those mental cases will hit other targets .,, like they have ... malls .. movie theators ..ect.

so in this enviroment we have created .. allowing freedom for all and the aclu .. protecting even the wierdest peoples rights ..we have to live with this .... there are so many different ways to kill people that you cant eliminate them all .. maybe home schooling is the way to go ..right now schools have been taken over by special interest groups and controlled thruogh unions and liberals .. im sure they will want to throw more money at it .. like they do with medicare medicaid .. social security ect.. but we need to protect our own children .. we can see the govt and the police dept cannot guarantee their safty .. yet they mandate your children must go to school ... so home school then till they can guarantee their safty .. .. which will most likely be never .... this kids mental illness had to of been detected before hand .. but was ignored

as you can see im still messed up over this .. its going to take time to ...rationally figure out how best to approach this ... im just throwing out a mix of thoughts

• Upvote 2

Before we take away guns lets earn more abo. Was he on drugs or what. To take guns from law abiding citizens is over reacting.ut the individual

It doesn't matter if he was on drugs or not, if he didn't have the ability to get his hands on the guns this wouldn't happen, he probably took the guns from a law abiding citizen.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1