Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Warning : A Trojan Horse virus attempted to infect my computer while logging onto Dinar Vets site , Twice.

R Veyron

I am not accusing Dinar Vets of attempting to infect my computer but it has happened twice in the past few days and I am just passing this along to other members to be aware of this possibility. I had attempted to contact the staff but it is not very easy to get a contact email address or link to do so. I would recommend everyone adjust their security settings and have their deffinitions up to date.

• Upvote 2

make sure you have your stiuff updated ..

i got a fbi virus about a month ago .. they entered using my web cam on my lap top .. and i couldnt get it off .. they said they were the fbi and i had to pay a 200 dollar fine to unlock my computer .... i disabled my web cam in devide manager . i dont use it any way .. i can always enable it if i want ..

any way i caled my cable co, they told me it was a virus ,, dont pay anything

so i went to the libaray to use their computer and looked it up .. and yep it was a virus ..

i cant believe they use the govt office fbi logo to do this ..

i had to reformat .. .. and i bought latest norton anti virus , it stops most if you keep it updated ..

• Upvote 2

If anyone gets the fbi virus just restore your computer to an earlier date. This should also work with most viruses. Sorry you had to format/reinstall your OS dontlop that was the worst case scenario. I'm just getting into the IT field. I'm sure that there are people with more experience here at DV.

A friend of mine got the fbi virus a few months ago and all we did was restore his computer.

AVG Free here... Knock wood it's always worked... I've used it for 15 years now, Norton was horrible! The ISP actually was the one that suggested it. When I used the free scan online it put a virus in, then wanted money to remove it. Took 3 months to finally get rid of it, almost reformatted just to save the frustration.

KK

MADD for Heather

I got alot of popups while trying to access the VIP info that I recieved notice for yesterday. However, I did NOT get any virus. I found it a bit alarming since I just joined VIP this week. BTW I am using Microsoft Security Essentials. I am a retired IT guy and I find it to be a little less overhead than most of the other AV programs out there.

It just happened to me when I tried to log on as well. My Trend Micro worked and told me not to go any further. I was actually responding to a link Adam attached to an email. When I went back and clicked again after logging out of the initial attempt I was directed to the normal site.

Very strange ....

• Upvote 1

Not sure what was going on, guys, but Adam is aware of this problem and did some tweaking on his end. It seems it was mostly ads that were popping up. Seems like most everyone is now either getting the proper page directly, or once they close the ads, they go straight to it. Weird, I know.

dinarful - the banner is gone for the rest of us. I'm not tech'y enough to help you. I know Texas Granny is. She'd probably tell you to clear your history, your cookies, your cache, etc. But I'm all thumbs when it comes to stuff like that. She'll come along & hopefully make a post that will help you. Or maybe Markinsa, or ?

I still have that banner flying around. I don't know how to get rid of it.

The banner is gone - if you still have it, you need to clean your cache. Your browser is pulling up an old copy of the site.

:rocking-chair:

Faster than a speeding bullet paperboy!!! :bow:

Edited by TexasGranny

i got a fbi virus about a month ago .. they entered using my web cam on my lap top .. and i couldnt get it off .. they said they were the fbi and i had to pay a 200 dollar fine to unlock my computer ..

End Quote

Wow.... I read your statement and it resembles exactly ( with slight diffs...in my case it wasn't the cam.) the same which occurred to me a couple of weeks ago.....Of course in my case it wasn't the FBI but ( allegedly) the Italian Police stating I had committed something illegal and they froze my pc ( I couldn't get it to work )... But, very "kindly".... in the only screen image I could see they had graciously provided a payment form to some strange operator somewhere in Eastern Europe ( I think it was Romania)....

They were asking me to pay 100 Euros to make my computer immediately accessible again after payment or " penal code action would follow right away"...

I knew I hadn't done anything wrong and also I knew the Police wouldn't act that way ( of course) so I took my computer to my techie guy who cleaned it up for a mere 20 Euros. He deemed it a form of malware.

It was the very first time ( hope also the last) that something like this ( total blockage) had ever happened to me in 12 years of computer usage. Bugging...

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.avast.com/en-ca/lp-fr-virus-alert?p_ext=chrome&utm_campaign=Virus_alert&utm_source=prg_fav_70_0&utm_medium=prg_systray&utm_content=.%2Ffa%2Fen-ca%2Fvirus-alert-default&p_vir=HTML:RedirDL-inf%20[Trj]&p_prc=C:\Program%20Files%20%28x86%29\Mozilla%20Firefox\firefox.exe&p_obj=http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?ipbv=%26g=js|{gzip}&p_var=.%2Ffa%2Fen-ca%2Fvirus-alert-default&p_pro=0&p_vep=7&p_ves=0&p_lqa=0&p_lsu=24&p_lst=0&p_lex=92&p_lng=en&p_lid=en-ca&p_elm=7&p_vbd=1474

this is what my avast anti-virus blocked...

Microsoft Security Essentials - free from Microsoft.com

I recall asking one day to a co-worker who fixes PCs for a side business (something he was also going to school for) what the best Anti-virus program out there. He told me that Microsoft has a free anti-virus program that you can download from their website that also has a 99% effective rate of protection. The free part is also helpful for some.

Most issues can be resolved w/ a system restore, but it is best to also back up files when possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Microsoft Security Essentials - free from Microsoft.com

I recall asking one day to a co-worker who fixes PCs for a side business (something he was also going to school for) what the best Anti-virus program out there. He told me that Microsoft has a free anti-virus program that you can download from their website that also has a 99% effective rate of protection. The free part is also helpful for some.

Most issues can be resolved w/ a system restore, but it is best to also back up files when possible.

Thanks for the heads up. I have that and it works very good. I also have Avast and it is very good as well. This Trojan Horse seems to still be plaguing some people... it is on DV end....