Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar Rumor Iraq seizing American accounts

3choctaw3

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your gonna post something like this, u must provide some proof. I currently have an account at Al Warka and im sure their is quite a few others that do as well. Before you set off an alarm of straight PANIC - back up your posts.

In the rumor forum no proof or link is required. It's a rumor. The poster is just asking if someone else has heard of it.

Having worked in Iraq for the last 18 months, I have not heard of them in reference the banks, but I do know that it is beaten into us not to be caught carrying the dinar when we go to the airport to leave as they will seize that and anything else that says Iraq on it. Those breifings seem to be getting a little heavier as of late. I also understand that they opened a Warka Bank on one of the bases, so if Americans were dealing with it here I dont see them seizing or conficating bank accounts, perhaps the intel or rumor got caught up with what we are told when we head out for R&R.

I highly doubt they will seize them because that is just bad for business. They may however put a freeze on them during pre-RV so we can't get richer than we already will be with what we already have in the account???

Seize is wrong freeze is correct.

I looked into the laws governing the banks in Iraq & there aint none.

I believe this is a rumour now but sadly will be reality very soon, I believe that you will have your accounts frozen pre-rv & the value that you have in dinar converted at the 1170 rate returned back to you.

Good way to save a huge amount on the RV.

This is the reason I didn

Also, consider the source. Not meaning to bash, but, the person that has posted this joined in March and this is the first we heard of this rumor

Join date is irrelevant, anyone can bring anything to the table, it is a rumor site and he said he heard a rumor. If any one has intel or heard something, why not present it,, and why try to make someone bad about doing so. Now, if it is something to just stir the pot, yes, that is a biggie and should be disuaded. i agree, something as was said, a link would be great to confirm. If there is no link, take it for what it is worth.

I really don't think Iraq will seize accounts. But, I have read a few years ago that you won't be able to take out more than $10K a year. If you could, there would be a rush on the banks like during the depression era and they would go bust. Good luck to all invested in Iraqi banks. They can change laws leaving you with your pants down around your ankles saying to yourself, what the **** just happened?

How is it that when someone post a rumor that is for the RV (even without a link) its nothing but thank you's? But when someone post on here something that we all dont want to hear its bash bash bash.

I was under the assumption that this was a rumor site, and not a just tell us what we want to hear.

Seize is wrong freeze is correct.

I looked into the laws governing the banks in Iraq & there aint none.

I believe this is a rumour now but sadly will be reality very soon, I believe that you will have your accounts frozen pre-rv & the value that you have in dinar converted at the 1170 rate returned back to you.

Good way to save a huge amount on the RV.

This is the reason I didn

I've not heard this from anyone in country and personally know people here who have accounts with Warka. They've just opened two or three Warka Banks on military bases used by US Armed Forces....I really don't think it would be good business sense to start ******* off the troops at this point. Not to mention the bases that these banks have opened up on have some of the biggest Brass (meaning Generals) on them. Nope......as GWB would say on SNL (Wouldn't Be Prudent)...lol :)