Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cabinet approved the recommendations of the Iraqi dinar exchange rate after the dismissal of Shabibi

yota691

The bank aims to keep the local currency set at close to 1,200 dinars per dollar.

Read more:

Hope that statement is just to mislead us....sure could use an RV....I have family members who are under huge financial burdens that were not brought on by themselves....and I would love to help them more than the piddly amount I am able to help with now. They are Canadian so no matter who gets elected here it won't make much of a difference to them..at least not in the short term.

• Upvote 1

The bank aims to keep the local currency set at close to 1,200 dinars per dollar.

Read more:

Hope that statement is just to mislead us....sure could use an RV....I have family members who are under huge financial burdens that were not brought on by themselves....and I would love to help them more than the piddly amount I am able to help with now. They are Canadian so no matter who gets elected here it won't make much of a difference to them..at least not in the short term.

You do know if they really intend to flip the switch fandango now that Shabs is gone, they would not broadcast their intention. It would also be in their interest to relay to the Iraqi people nothing is going to change, the dinar isn't going to fall in the basement, all is well.

• Upvote 2

IMO no matter what happens or when it happens before during or after tonight's debate it is to late to help O should he be looking for it. to close to the election for this to help O.

Don't bet your bike on that. This man will pull out all stops to get re-elected. And I am very concerned about that. Had a little personal experience recently that this government is out of control.:angry:

• Upvote 1

with dr. shabbi outta the arena of dinar { if that is the result } and these ding-a-lings who claim too be the g.o.i :angry: in control of the operations of banking ,, this will not end well ,, they will be like kids in a candy store ,, maliki and his crone`s will push for a quick in country re-value and switch back too a low value and screw heck outta the iraqi citizens ,,, i believe maliki and his hinchmen, have been shooting all the competion , that we have read about in the pass ,, then they get control of iraq and it will turn out too be close allies with iran and taliban bunch :angry: maliki has been after shabbi for a long time ,, i think we will see a .26 rate on the dinar and will not be able too get it exchanged for another crazy reason ,, then it will settle back too .01 and open trading will start for everyone else <------ this is just my opionion ,,,, but we are talking about iraq ,, just hope it is all smoke ,, too flush out more notes ,,, until we read more AS THE DINAR TURNS we will have too hope it will turn out better :angry::angry::angry:

Edited by jeepguy
  • Upvote 1

Keep in mind folks they suspended, not fired Shabs......look at like this, they lifted him to sometime soon, they did not delete his zero's yet.

Agreed, people he is NOT removed permanently!! and i thank Markinsa for posting the CBI law they cannot remove him without a fair trial and i afterthe investigation has taken place.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1

The link below says Saleh is postponing the deletion of the zeros and the new currency until after 2014 due to the political environment. So we do not know yet whether they are postponing or continuing the currency program.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&langpair=auto|en&rurl=translate.google.com&u=http://www.albaghdadianews.com/economy/item/18517-aklekenbavnk-akilk-blyoeni-gdj-akazhjae-ako-la-bid-2014.html&usg=ALkJrhjYw0fJMacu_oWGNwD4RQg83aIdAQ

Maliki needs $$$ to have clout, he tried getting what he wanted from Russia but to no avail, now he has the potential to accomplish his goals. Tyrants are relentless, if this is true, then I believe we'll see a full fledge RV, that's the way Maliki would do this. My opinion only. The other scenerio is, smoke & mirrors. Go RV!!!

jmo....since shabbs has been suspended and warrents have been issued by IRAQ GOI (not just Maliki acting on his own)... Now as Dinar specs or Vets should we be asking ourselves is this the sign we have been waiting for. IMHO this is a signal to the Heavy Hitters IRAQ is getting ready to play ball. Keep in mind this all came down the pipe while shabbs was in TOKYO sippin champagne with the Heavy Hitters. Now ask yourself ONE QUESTION did the IMF AND NWO deside to go with plan B?

• Upvote 1

My theory and this is ONLY an opinion...

I think this may be the smoke screen and false news story everyone has been looking for.

I dont think Shabs is gone.. I dont think there is going to be a float

I think the preverbial button is going to get pushed... Fingers crossed and hoping I am right....

Someone posted in an other thread that some of the stories claimed to be sourced from Rueters however there website isnt carring those stories.(as of the time i post this that could change too) Iraq control the news stories... I am hoping to wake up Wednesday morning a very rich man...

DADDY WANTS A NEW DOUBLE WIDE!!!!!

steve, I totally agree, even though I did see the article from Fox News. This is getting very interesting. Here's the man who has dedicated his LIFE to comply with all sanctionas keeping the IQD stable, for almost 10 years, in order to stabalize the economy and give the Iraqis the true value of the IQD, just to be thrown to the wolves. He willl be vindicated SOON. My guess it's a further ploy to cause doubt in the stability of the currency just to bring in more three zero notes. Hang on friends, this ride will probably get wilder, before we see the rainbow. biggrin.gif

• Upvote 2

Agreed, people he is NOT removed permanently!! and i thank Markinsa for posting the CBI law they cannot remove him without a fair trial and i afterthe investigation has taken place.

This is iraq...all they have to do is the walkthrough process and release shabibi. its not america....with a jury by his peers....found innocent and he is reinstated. shabibis fate at the cbi has been determined...imo....i just hope he is freed from all charges and lives a long life in switzerland. But time will tell. i never....imagined this would happen on a rothchilds schedule

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree Sandstorm... and would go further in saying Shabibi would be a tad crazy to return home at this point... He needs to stay put and my money is on him doing so until things get sorted out.

Anyone else remember the Vice-President and those charges.... oh and the trial thereafter..... The law can say whatever it wants.... its the execution of it that will matter. Shabibi meets at least 2 of the criterion at this point... and as a matter of law, who knows what else they could argue. Not saying I agree, just noticing as I stated in another reply, far greater men than the Governor of a Central Bank have been taken down in the ME.... and I can't figure out why anyone would think this is a smoke screen or that Shabibi should waltz back into Iraq and claim his rightful place.... This is not a John Wayne movie....and all the righteousness in the world dont keep ya from getting shot off the pony, if the crosshairs have you in the sights.

And I'm still not so sure its necessarily a bad thing. I've yet to be convinced that Shabibi is the" good" guy in terms of the RV.... I'm not sahying he is the bad guy... just not at all sure what supports the notion that he by virtue of his position and skill the "good" guy focused upon the RV as such in individual profits over the long-term growth profit of the country....I don't think there is any reason at all to panic about this... and would not be surprised to see some fairly rapid movement over the next few days.... :D

• Upvote 2

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) -The Council of Ministers tasked the head of the Financial Supervision Department, Abdul Basit Turki, to run the Iraqi Central Bank as a substitute for the current Governor of the ICB, Sinan al-Shibibi.

The Iraqiya Satellite Channel quoted the Advisor of the Premier, Ali al-Musawi, as saying “The Council of Ministers decided to task Turki to run the ICB till further notice.”

Earlier, a source from the Parliamentary Committee tasked to investigate the corruption cases in the Iraqi Central Bank revealed that “The Governor of the ICB, Sinan al-Shibibi, called the Premier, Nouri al-Maliki, to dismiss four Directors in the Bank for their involvement in corruption cases.”

The source stated to IraqiNews.com “Shibibi have asked Maliki since three years to dismiss the four directors for they are responsible of the corruption taking place in the ICB yet Maliki rejected.”

“One of the investigation judges issued an arrest warrant against Shibibi but the UNAMI, the US Embassy in addition to the Presidency as well as some of the political leaders interfered and called the head of the Supreme Judicial Council, Midhat al-Mahmoud, who was not informed about the warrant,” the source added.

“Mahmoud issued an order to cancel the warrant and punished the judge who issued it considering arresting Shibibi as impacting the sovereignty of the country,” the source concluded.

I agree Sandstorm... and would go further in saying Shabibi would be a tad crazy to return home at this point... He needs to stay put and my money is on him doing so until things get sorted out.

Anyone else remember the Vice-President and those charges.... oh and the trial thereafter..... The law can say whatever it wants.... its the execution of it that will matter. Shabibi meets at least 2 of the criterion at this point... and as a matter of law, who knows what else they could argue. Not saying I agree, just noticing as I stated in another reply, far greater men than the Governor of a Central Bank have been taken down in the ME.... and I can't figure out why anyone would think this is a smoke screen or that Shabibi should waltz back into Iraq and claim his rightful place.... This is not a John Wayne movie....and all the righteousness in the world dont keep ya from getting shot off the pony, if the crosshairs have you in the sights.

And I'm still not so sure its necessarily a bad thing. I've yet to be convinced that Shabibi is the" good" guy in terms of the RV.... I'm not sahying he is the bad guy... just not at all sure what supports the notion that he by virtue of his position and skill the "good" guy focused upon the RV as such in individual profits over the long-term growth profit of the country....I don't think there is any reason at all to panic about this... and would not be surprised to see some fairly rapid movement over the next few days.... :D

Socal posted and interesting article in opinions, well worth the read. As well as Bondlady's chat.

Edited by zigmeister
  • Upvote 1

Ahhhhh man... not even going to give me a preview.... lol lol lol ... .

Okay, I'll go in search of.... (and wish I had kept my post saying essentially the same thing last year... darn it... ) at least for comparison sake with where we are today.... :D

I may be back.... :unsure::D

Okay... back.....

Uhmm well.... ahem.... the man obviously has read many of my numerous posts regartding the same.... (cracking myself up.... laughing at me... lol lol ).

Uhmmm yeah.... Be clear,.... if he were not serving the financial interests of this country, he would no longer be in office. And I'm not saying some overt event, .... he just would not be in office.

the other thing I am curious about.... many US citizens dont even know who is the Governor, or Chair of the US Central bank... let alone spell it correctly.... I wonder if many of us could be half as articulate about US bank practices as we are about the CBI? Yet for some strange reason, a large collective of people have clearly decided that Shabibi is the good guy in this scenario. Why is that?... (again, not saying he isn't or he is a bad guy.... just wondering what led people to not only believe he is the good guy (in terms of RV) but to defend him against all enemies foreign and domestic... lol ... as the good guy)? I'm am NOT saying he is bad.... I am saying I am not so sure he is the best one to root for in terms of an RV happening sooner than later. I dont have some compelling factors or variables in front of me that confirms that he is my guy no matter what. And for the record, MY guy would have RV'd the dang thing last year :D

• Upvote 2

Okay... back.....

Uhmm well.... ahem.... the man obviously has read many of my numerous posts regartding the same.... (cracking myself up.... laughing at me... lol lol ).

Uhmmm yeah.... Be clear,.... if he were not serving the financial interests of this country, he would no longer be in office. And I'm not saying some overt event, .... he just would not be in office.

the other thing I am curious about.... many US citizens dont even know who is the Governor, or Chair of the US Central bank... let alone spell it correctly.... I wonder if many of us could be half as articulate about US bank practices as we are about the CBI? Yet for some strange reason, a large collective of people have clearly decided that Shabibi is the good guy in this scenario. Why is that?... (again, not saying he isn't or he is a bad guy.... just wondering what led people to not only believe he is the good guy (in terms of RV) but to defend him against all enemies foreign and domestic... lol ... as the good guy)? I'm am NOT saying he is bad.... I am saying I am not so sure he is the best one to root for in terms of an RV happening sooner than later. I dont have some compelling factors or variables in front of me that confirms that he is my guy no matter what. And for the record, MY guy would have RV'd the dang thing last year :D

Shabibi has never articulated an RV ever. If he has, I am not aware of it. Maybe a snip, "If I knew I would not tell you".

Edited by zigmeister
  • Upvote 1

Shabibi has never articulated an RV ever. If he has, I am not aware of it. Maybe a snip, "If I knew I would not tell you".

Plused ya on that one and oh so true....

Though that was not so much the point as was the notion that I don't get the whole support him no matter what kind of thinking....

And the word he did use oh btw on several occassions was re-base... and I think you saw those articles. Ugh huh? :D

• Upvote 1