Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama's ring: 'There is no god but Allah'

Snotrocket

NEW YORK – As a student at Harvard Law School, then-bachelor Barack Obama’s practice of wearing a gold band on his wedding-ring finger puzzled his colleagues.

Now, newly published photographs of Obama from the 1980s show that the ring Obama wore on his wedding-ring finger as an unmarried student is the same ring Michelle Robinson put on his finger at the couple’s wedding ceremony in 1992.

Moreover, according to Arabic-language and Islamic experts, the ring Obama has been wearing for more than 30 years is adorned with the first part of the Islamic declaration of faith, the Shahada: “There is no God except Allah.”

OBAMA-RING-wh-photo-THERE-IS-NO-GOD-EXCEPT-ALLAH-hand-closeup.jpg

The Shahada is the first of the Five Pillars of Islam, expressing the two fundamental beliefs that make a person a Muslim: There is no god but Allah, and Muhammad is Allah’s prophet.

Sincere recitation of the Shahada is the sole requirement for becoming a Muslim, as it expresses a person’s rejection of all other gods

Egyptian-born Islamic scholar Mark A. Gabriel, Ph.D., examined photographs of Obama’s ring at WND’s request and concluded that the first half of the Shahada is inscribed on it.

“There can be no doubt that someone wearing the inscription ‘There is no god except Allah’ has a very close connection to Islamic beliefs, the Islamic religion and Islamic society to which this statement is so strongly attached,” Gabriel told WND.

“Dreams from My Real Father” producer Joel Gilbert, an Arabic speaker and an expert on the Middle East, was the first to conclude that Obama’s ring, reportedly from Indonesia, bore an Islamic inscription.

Photographs published last week by the New Yorker from Obama’s time at Occidental College, taken by fellows students, indicate that the ring Obama wore three decades ago is the one he is wearing in the White House.

As WND reported in July, previously published photos have shown Obama wearing a gold band on his wedding-ring finger continuously from 1981 at Occidental, through graduation at Columbia in 1983, in a visit to Africa in 1988 and during his time at Harvard from 1988 to 1991. But none, until now, have displayed the ring with enough detail to identify it as the one he currently is wearing.

WND reported a satirical edition of the Harvard Law Review published by students in 1990 contains a mock Dewers Scotch profile advertisement poking fun at Obama. Among a list of Obama’s “Latest Accomplishments” is: “Deflecting Persistent Questioning About Ring On Left Hand.”

The comment suggests the ring was a subject of student curiosity at the time and that Obama was not forthcoming with an explanation.

He still has not explained why he wore the band on his wedding-ring finger before he married Michelle.

Declaration

Gabriel, born to Muslim parents in Upper Egypt, grew up immersed in Islamic culture. He memorized the Quran at age of 12 and graduated in 1990 with a Masters degree from the prestigious Al-Azhar University in Cairo, the preeminent Sunni Muslim institution of learning.

He explained that on Obama’s ring, the declaration “There is no god except Allah” (La Ilaha Illallah) is inscribed in two sections, one above the other.

On the upper section, “There is no god” is written in Arabic letters, from right to left: Lam, Alif, Alif, Lam, Ha.

On the lower section is “except god,” written in Arabic letters from right to left: Alif, Lam, Alif, Alif, Lam, Lam, Ha.

In the lower section, the word “Allah” is written partially on top of the word “except,” noted Gabriel, the author of “Islam and Terrorism” and “Journey Inside the Mind of an Islamic Terrorist.”

It is common in Islamic art and Arabic calligraphy, especially when expressing Quranic messages on jewelry, to artfully place letters on top of each other to fit them into the allotted space.

The exhibit below shows how the Arabic inscription fits over the two parts of the Obama ring.

OBAMA-RING-overlay-WITH-ARABIC-SCRIPT1.jpg

“There is no God except Allah” overlaid on Obama ring

OBAMA-RING-closeup-5-w-hasan-chandoo-occidental.jpg

Barack Obama and roommate Hasan Chandoo at Occidental College in 1981

OBAMA-RING-closeup-6-w-hasan-chandoo-occidental-closeup.jpg

Read more and see more photos.....

http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/obamas-ring-there-is-no-god-but-allah/

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 3

Let’s look at the evidence itself. Here’s a photograph of Barack Obama’s golden ring, along with some rings that are clearly identified as Shahadah rings worn by actual Muslims.

shahadahone.jpg

There isn’t much similarity between Barack Obama’s ring and the examples of Shahadah rings that I found. In fact, I couldn’t find a single example of a Shahadah ring that looks anything all like Barack Obama’s ring. (In case you’re wondering, Snopes hasn’t written on this particular conspiracy theory yet.)

Next, let’s look at the part of the Shahadah script that Jerome Corsi, Mark Gabriel and Joel Gilbert say can be seen in the photograph of Obama’s ring, along with other representations of the same piece of the Shahadah script, found elsewhere.

shahadatwo.jpg

As you can see, there is a great deal of variability in representations of the Arabic script of the part of the the Shahadah that is translated as “there is no god but Allah”. The versions of this section of the Shahadah that I could find look little like the script that Corsi and his “experts” say they see on that ring.

Just more Corsi birther BS, how about we look up Corsi's pic and see what we can find..

jerome_corsi.jpg

Well look at that a Confederate flag on his lapel, now we know why he attacks Obama. Better proof of why Corsi pushes the birther BS will never be found.

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 7

Also FYI, Muslim men do not wear gold (nor silk). These are haraam (forbidden) for men.

A silver or tungsten ring could be worn, but only if worn without any superstition. If tainted by a belief that the ring itself can affect the quality of the marriage, then the ring becomes shirk, a form of idolatry. If the ring is worn with the desire to "fit in" with unislamic westerners, then it becomes a form of imitating unbelievers, and that is haraam. A man's ring should be relatively small (less than 4.5 grams) and should be functional: it is recommended that it have a single stone and be engraved with his name so that it can be used as a signet for stamping or sealing, or engraved with a or with a rememberance of God (zikr); and it should be worn on the pinky finger.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

Also FYI, Muslim men do not wear gold (nor silk). These are haraam (forbidden) for men.

A silver or tungsten ring could be worn, but only if worn without any superstition. If tainted by a belief that the ring itself can affect the quality of the marriage, then the ring becomes shirk, a form of idolatry. If the ring is worn with the desire to "fit in" with unislamic westerners, then it becomes a form of imitating unbelievers, and that is haraam. A man's ring should be relatively small (less than 4.5 grams) and should be functional: it is recommended that it have a single stone and be engraved with his name so that it can be used as a signet for stamping or sealing, or engraved with a or with a rememberance of God (zikr); and it should be worn on the pinky finger.

Good point studly. That was the first thing came to my mind. After having worked with "these guys" for years, I have never seen one wear gold. It's always been a silver color. Also, they don't usually wear a ring on their left "ring" finger. Because a wedding ring on the left ring finger is a symbol of a Christian marriage, no muslim wears rings on the left hand. (Besides, that's the hand they wipe their a$$es with. :D )

Edited by RicknSaudi
  • Upvote 8

The article is long but this is addressed....

Gabriel believes it would be impossible for Obama not to be aware of what is written on the ring, calling it a “blessed statement in Islam.”

“By wearing this religious statement on one’s hand, it connects the person to Islam,” he said. “It is worn in hopes that Allah’s protections would be with the person, in hopes of gaining favor with Allah.”

He affirmed that Muslim men do wear gold rings, despite prohibitions in Islamic law.

“Though Islamic law prohibits the wearing of gold jewelry by men, it is a widely accepted custom, even in strictly Muslim countries,” he said. “The wearing of gold rings is even more acceptable when it contains a religious message, such as ‘There is no god except Allah.’”

He noted there is also widespread acceptance of men wearing gold jewelry in non-Arab Islamic societies such as Indonesia, Bangladesh, Malaysia and Pakistan, where Muslims generally understand that Muslims are subject to strong influences of local non-Arab cultures.

“Therefore, even though technically prohibited, a Muslim man wearing a gold ring is not looked down upon, especially if the jewelry reflects a love of Islam and a connection to Islamic society,” he said. “An even greater level of acceptance is for businessmen who deal with infidels, because such a person would be regarded as a person of influence.”

• Upvote 6

My honest 2 cents, I don't care if the ring is gold or silver or which hand it is worn on or even which finger. My concern is the message on the ring.

"There is no god except Allah"

He still has not explained why he wore the band on his wedding-ring finger before he married Michelle. Avoiding a simple answer of this so called wedding band, leads me to think otherwise of him. Islamic blood is running through his veins, is what I'm reading from this thread.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 2

I went to Africa several years ago and I bought myself a beautiful ring. Turned out it was a muslim "prayer ring" seven gold bands, one for each day of the week.

Do you think because I wear it that I sit down 5 times a day and pray with it? Obama went to Africa too, maybe he bought a ring while he was there, so what!

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 11

dinar_stud, I am rather insulted by your comment. On the back window of my Jeep I have the stickers for both Sons of Union Veterans and Sons of Confederate Veterans in honor of my ancestors. I am a member of both organizations. I have proudly wore the label pins for both of these groups. The sons of Confederate Veterans carries the Confederate flag. That does NOT make me a bigot but I would question your position which is so easily able to make that association.

I went to Africa several years ago and I bought myself a beautiful ring. Turned out it was a muslim "prayer ring" seven gold bands, one for each day of the week.

Do you think because I wear it that I sit down 5 times a day and pray with it? Obama went to Africa too, maybe he bought a ring while he was there, so what!

If you would be President you would definitely have people screen everything you say and wear. If Obama is actually wearing a ring that states there is no god but allah then there is a strong personal connection with that ring. It would not be an act of ignorance but purpose.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

My honest 2 cents, I don't care if the ring is gold or silver or which hand it is worn on or even which finger. My concern is the message on the ring.

"There is no god except Allah"

He still has not explained why he wore the band on his wedding-ring finger before he married Michelle. Avoiding a simple answer of this so called wedding band, leads me to think otherwise of him. Islamic blood is running through his veins, is what I'm reading from this thread.

there is no message on the ring, it is made up by Corsi to rev up the birthers.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 7

If you would be President you would definitely have people screen everything you say and wear. If Obama is actually wearing a ring that states there is no god but allah then there is a strong personal connection with that ring. It would not be an act of ignorance but purpose.

Desmo the only personal connection I have with the ring is the one I have given it. The purpose of buying it and wearing it is to appreciate my time in Africa and to always remember the wonderful experiences I had there.

Perhaps Obama bought this ring as a momento of his trip to Africa or to honor his healing with the death of his father. I don't know and you don't either.

Even though he is our President he is free to hold his own personal connections to his ring as he chooses. He is an American, Right?

Also I think dinar_stud pretty well debunked this...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Desmo the only personal connection I have with the ring is the one I have given it. The purpose of buying it and wearing it is to appreciate my time in Africa and to always remember the wonderful experiences I had there.

Perhaps Obama bought this ring as a momento of his trip to Africa or to honor his healing with the death of his father. I don't know and you don't either.

Even though he is our President he is free to hold his own personal connections to his ring as he chooses. He is an American, Right?

Also I think dinar_stud pretty well debunked this...

Evened you out, the neg because people prefer to be blind and to believe without research.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

"Completely debunked"......because, on another forum, some random poster called 'the Pharaoh' says so? You'll have to do better than that. That's like maggie saying it's just an innocent coinkidink...so it must be true! ;)

There are more posters in that thread than only "the Pharaoh".

I have an honest question, ultimately why does it matter what faith he is?

I appreciate a real question. Many say that it does not matter what he believes. I see that it matters in two frames. The first is that he has made such a big deal about NOT being a muslim that there is such a matter of his trustworthiness. The second reason is that according to laws of extreme Islam he cannot be loyal to both the US and to Islam, he must choose. Islam does not permit loyality to anything or anyone that would question Islam.

• Upvote 5

I appreciate a real question. Many say that it does not matter what he believes. I see that it matters in two frames. The first is that he has made such a big deal about NOT being a muslim that there is such a matter of his trustworthiness. The second reason is that according to laws of extreme Islam he cannot be loyal to both the US and to Islam, he must choose. Islam does not permit loyality to anything or anyone that would question Islam.

Thank you for the reply. I agree with your first point about trustworthiness or lack thereof.

The second point, though, I think he has shown to not be an extreme Muslim, Christian, or anything else he may be. He's denied being part of Islam, bombed Muslim nations, goes to Christian services from time to time, etc. So, imo, I don't think we have to worry about that.

Another honest question, with Mitt being a Mormon, I believe Mormons hold a similar belief that the Mormon is to follow anything their "prophet" leader says to do. Should we then worry about Romney?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1