Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US official dies in Libya consulate attack in Benghazi

uncirculd

So tell me how peaceful this religion is. I am not getting it. There have been "MANY" jokes and films discrediting Jesus Christ and protesting "NEVER" comes to this. Are we seeing a double standard in the world? I think so. I am appalled every time they insult Jesus Christ, but I have not killed any body, threatened them, or burned their house or buildings down. The double standard here is a bit unfair don't ya think? A bit out of hand. Just way out there. They would call me infidel, I call them lost. They would force me to convert, I will pray for them. Tell me again, which religion is a peaceful religion. These are not simple fanatics like the US would have you to beleive. Not just a few out there. I urge everyone to read the koran. Many Islamic folks don't an allow interpretation by radical clerics. Sheeple. But I do have some reserves on the writings of the Koran. They are faithful only to another muslim. They are to look at the christians for the truth. REad it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19562692

11 September 2012 Last updated at 21:26 ET

US official dies in Libya consulate attack in Benghazi

_62839341_libyaconsulate.jpg The US has condemned the attack on its consulate "in the strongest terms" An American has been killed and at least one other wounded after militiamen stormed the US consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi, officials say.

It is believed the protest was held over a US-produced film that is said to be insulting to the Prophet Muhammad.

The building was set on fire after armed men raided the compound with grenades.

Protests have also been held at the US embassy in the Egyptian capital, Cairo.

In the attack in Benghazi, unidentified armed men stormed the grounds, shooting at buildings and throwing handmade bombs into the compound.

Security forces returned fire but Libyan officials say they were overwhelmed.

"One American official was killed and another injured in the hand. The other staff members were evacuated and are safe and sound," Libya's deputy interior minister Wanis al-Sharif told AFP.

The identity of the US official killed is not yet known. The consular worker was reported to have been shot.

Social media calls Reports say a militia known as the Ansar al-Sharia brigade was involved in the attack, but the group has denied the claim, the BBC's Rana Jawad in Tripoli reports.

_62839343_lib.jpg No-one was said to have been in the building when it was set on fire Our correspondent says many people are still armed following the conflict that overthrew Muammar Gaddafi last year.

The US said it condemned the attack "in the strongest terms" and was working with Libyan security forces to secure the compound, a statement by US state department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said.

The film that sparked the demonstration is said to have been produced by a 52-year-old US citizen from California named Sam Bacile, and promoted by an expatriate Egyptian Copt.

The two men are described as having anti-Islamic views.

A trailer of the low-budget movie has appeared on YouTube and translated in Arabic.

There were calls on social media networks for protests against US interests in the capital, Tripoli, but no disturbances have been confirmed, our correspondent says.

The rally followed a demonstration in Cairo, in which protesters breached the US embassy and tore down the United States flag, which was flying at half mast to mark the 9/11 attacks, and replaced it with an Islamist banner.

'Abuse freedom of speech' _62837115_015953041-1.jpg In Cairo, the US flag was torn down and set alight by the demonstrators

Thousands of protesters had gathered outside the US embassy in the Egyptian capital.

Egyptian protesters condemned what they said was the humiliation of the Prophet of Islam under the pretext of freedom of speech.

"Both Muslims and Christians are participating in this protest against this offence to Islam," said one protester, according to the Associated Press.

The US embassy earlier issued a statement condemning "the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims - as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions".

The statement added: "We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others."

The protests have now ended, the state department said. There were no reports of injuries.

===========================================================

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-19566463

Egypt protesters breach US embassy over 'insulting' film

11 September 2012 Last updated at 18:50 ET Help Protesters have breached the wall of the American embassy in Cairo and torn down a flag over a US-made film which they say is insulting to the Prophet Muhammad.

The American flag, which was flying at half mast to mark the 9/11 attacks, was replaced by an Islamist banner.

Thousands of protesters had gathered outside the embassy.

Catarina Moh reports.

• Upvote 1

Why do we (USA) choose to help those that want to kill us and blame us for their problems. I say, let them all die and choke on their religion on their way out.

Hi Bammack75,

I think it is deeper than that. It is like any person of power, such as presidents, ministers, clerics, ceo's, and hollywood. They use their influence to sway or brainwash folks in order to support their habits of power and greed. Look at Iran's supreme cleric. He's nuts! And misleading people about religion. Many of them do that. And then kill in the name of Allah. You know the Sunni's were ticked at Osama Bin Laden for taking Allah's matters into his own hands. The Shiite thinks they can bring their messenger on by killing Jews. It's so ridiculous. Have they ever thought that if Allah is a god then why would he need the help of people? He's a god, he don't need any help. I don't like being accused of their problems either, but the ordinary folks under their clutches should be at least curious to think for themselves. They need to ask why do we hate, why do we blow our self up for salvation. Isn't that a bit overboard? They don't think. Heck they live under tyranny. Told what to think. Raised being told what to think and with hatred. How could we ever expect them to think for themselves. What really gets me sick is all governments saying it is a peaceful religion and they are isolated breakoffs from Islam. Bologna! Name me one Islamic nation that does not hate. It's not just us, it's all non muslim people. We just happen to make the headlines because we are still a strong and viable country that is majority christian and that's a big threat to them. With our nose in the middle east and many missionaries spreading Christianity it becomes a big threat to their indoctrination of their young and their old. I don't care what religion any one practices but I wish they would do it PEACEFULLY. They don't, and they openly say that the whole world will be muslim, under sharia law or they will die. They feel the need to control religion. Biblical their mahdi is my anti christ. It's a sad world. Knowing that all nations will mislead their people, but when it comes to religion it is so passionate it is scary.

But the most of all that really ticks me off is if it looks like a skunk, smells like a skunk, walks like a skunk, stinks like a skunk, then dag gum it, call it a skunk. Quit saying those lies of being peaceful. Blowing things up, blowing yourself up, storming people that are different, killing christians and jews for the sake of them being christians and jews is by no means peaceful.

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 1

We need to cut off all foreign aid to these folks. not sure how much we give them every yr. but I'm sure it is in the millions if not more. Then we need to shut down their oil production. Maybe then they will start hating their everyday life and their own country instead of hating the USA. The US just can't be tolerable of these violent acts against our own