Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar to "re-evaluate"

ijdk

Yeah..but if the dollar crashes what are we supposed to convert our RV earnings into?

Also isn't the dinar pegged to the Dollar?therefore if it goes down so does the Dinar.

I'm personally hoping for an RV shortly before the crash so we can at least switch the money into commodities like land,food/water,and peciaous metals.

I've heard several people say that God urged them to do so after the RV,because if they tried to hold onto the earnings for long they would lose them.To me this sounds like an economic crash after the RV.

I can only hope this will be the case and not vice versa.

Im hoping for no collapse with a solid rv. the new national defense law allows the government to take over needed resources in a national emergency. a collapse of the dollar could clean us out and leave us no access to the remaining pennies.

good thing ive watched all the seasons of survivor

Edited by sandstorm

Im hoping for no collapse with a solid rv. the new national defense law allows the government to take over needed resources in a national emergency. a collapse of the dollar could clean us out and leave us no access to the remaining pennies.

good thing ive watched all the seasons of survivor

Sandstorm I believe The President has always had the power through executive order to raid our piggy banks along with our safe deposit boxes. It could happen.

At a minimum people should be holding 3 months worth of food and supplies.

• Upvote 1

Sandstorm I believe The President has always had the power through executive order to raid our piggy banks along with our safe deposit boxes. It could happen.

At a minimum people should be holding 3 months worth of food and supplies.

I agree...prepare for the worst...and hope for the best. if anything like that happens..i wont show up at a fema camp. ill live in the wild.

The real problem is that Iraq is been "re-evaluating" the dropping of the zeros for months and years. What they need to do is simply "revalue" their currency and be done with it.

At least the currency reform is in the headlights. its coming...whatever it is.

I don't know, after years of the mantra, the US is going down the rabbit hole soon and we are doomed I find myself wondering. I suspect the US is one of the big New World Order players. Why if they are would they let go of their power?

Who knows. i heard the federal reserve is talking about another stimulus package?? Really. quit spending more tax money than you receive. its basic economics....yet these phd idiots cant do anything right. every heard of spending your way into financial prosperity. its like a systematic destruction policy. then all that would need to happen is china to drop the dollar...and lights out

• Upvote 1

Dont be ignorant because of a lack of vocabulary. nominal is face value. you were very rude with your suckers remark. wakeup.....based on what they say.....its not good news. but i dont believe them....so we wait and see. dont throwthings in peoplesfaces whenyouend up looking uneducated by your lack of economic education. No one around wants a lop or is cheering for one. maybe think about the reasoning a little in peoples post and maybe you can learn something.

iraq plans on issuing a new currency without the three zeroes. how that plays out is still unknown. multiple possibilities. get it.....nominal...the currency without three zeroes.....face value..there wont be three extra zeroes on the new notes.

No kidding!!

Its been posted many times what the nominal value is referred to as....throw that in with the mix with the rest of the "delete the zeros" articles and certain things they mention and its pretty obvious that they are talking about anything but a straight up revaluation....

The CBI nor any central bank for that matter will announce years in advance a huge jump in value that could make millions of people rich.....thats just ridiculous.....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

There you go for those of you who say lop READ IT the way it is written DON'T CHANGE any of the words to suit your lop talk this shows NO LOP & NO RE DENOMINATION. It even says delete from nominal value not from currency. Read it & weep suckers we are getting an RV.

nominal value

The Oxford Pocket Dictionary of Current English | 2009 | 234 words | Copyright

nom·i·nal val·ue • n. Econ. the value that is stated on currency; face value. ∎ the price of a share, bond, or security when it was issued, rather than its current market value.

I believe they are not going to print the new currency with the zeros that we have currently on our dinar.(Which is Deleting or Dropping the 000's) I do not believe they will dropped the 000's off the current ones in our possession when we cash in. They are just trying to get their people to foolishly turn them in for dollars, just to turn around and have them buy them back at 1:1. when they revalue it and drop the zeros from the new IQD.

I'm sorry but on what planet would the CBI ever say "we're pulling in the notes with three zeros so that we can reduce the money supply and revalue to a thousands times the current value?" Of course they never would and you know that. You cannot base your argument "that we will never profit from this" by requiring proof, that anyone with half a brain knows is impossible to aquire. You demand to see an article where the CBI gives a heads up to the world with a date, rate and the mechanisms by which they will achieve this (which we all know we can't provide and for good reason) and if we can't provide such proof then you must be right. What a commodious stance you continue to maintain, it must be very convenient for you.

:bravo:

I'm sorry but on what planet would the CBI ever say "we're pulling in the notes with three zeros so that we can reduce the money supply and revalue to a thousands times the current value?" Of course they never would and you know that. You cannot base your argument "that we will never profit from this" by requiring proof, that anyone with half a brain knows is impossible to aquire. You demand to see an article where the CBI gives a heads up to the world with a date, rate and the mechanisms by which they will achieve this (which we all know we can't provide and for good reason) and if we can't provide such proof then you must be right. What a commodious stance you continue to maintain, it must be very convenient for you.

That's right! No matter what they say it's either smoke or it's evidence of an imminent RV!

GO RV GO STRONG 3+!

They used the word re-evaluation but they are obviously talking about a re-denomination because they are describing a lop when they say "deleting three zeros" and "facilitate financial transactions". When they tell us "we're pulling in the notes with three zeros so that we can reduce the money supply and revalue to a thousands times the current value" then you can get excited.

Simple question - Why would Iraq spend multiple millions on deleting 3 zeros just for the sake of having smaller notes when there are many countries with high exchange rate values eg Japan with a huge economy that get along just fine. It just doesnt make any sense to lop without just cause. :blink: Its unnecessary and pointless to just remove the zeros for Iraq at this juncture. They do not suffer from hyper inflation and haven't done for some years.

Iraq cannot tell the world its going to RV so you cannot have the proof you are looking for, just clues. This removal of zeros has got to be one of the big clues.

I repeat there is no good and sensible reason to remove these zeros unless there is something else at play which would require this action. There are far more important things to do in Iraq that would take precedence.

I would also say that the IMF and World bank or anyone with a brain would not advocate Iraq removing the zeros for no reason other than making it easier to trade with smaller notes.

It is impossible to win any debate with you on this matter as the absolute proof you are looking for cannot be given by Iraq and you should know that.

Edited by Goodlife
  • Upvote 2

Simple question - Why would Iraq spend multiple millions on deleting 3 zeros just for the sake of having smaller notes when there are many countries with high exchange rate values eg Japan with a huge economy that get along just fine. It just doesnt make any sense to lop without just cause. :blink: Its unnecessary and pointless to just remove the zeros for Iraq at this juncture. They do not suffer from hyper inflation and haven't done for some years.

Iraq cannot tell the world its going to RV so you cannot have the proof you are looking for, just clues. This removal of zeros has got to be one of the big clues.

I repeat there is no good and sensible reason to remove these zeros unless there is something else at play which would require this action. There are far more important things to do in Iraq that would take precedence.

I would also say that the IMF and World bank or anyone with a brain would not advocate Iraq removing the zeros for no reason other than making it easier to trade with smaller notes.

It is impossible to win any debate with you on this matter as the absolute proof you are looking for cannot be given by Iraq and you should know that.

A better question might be "why would Iraq obligate themselves to trillions of dollars worth of oil discounts just to make dinar investors rich?" I think the $150 million they're spending on the re-denomination is a bargain compared to that.

Japan has a much more sophisticated banking system so they're not as cash oriented as Iraq. The same could be said for Vietnam and S. Korea. The idea is to make cash transactions easier and the CBI has stated that repeatedly. Iraq wants to de-dollarize and they will never do that in a cash oriented society with an exchange rate of 1166:1. Article after article tells you what they're going to do and why. They're going to remove three zeros from the nominal value of the currency ($.00086), issue a new currency at a ratio of 1000 old to 1 new, and then demonetize the old currency. This will result in easing cash transactions and de-dollarization. The IMF and World Bank have witnessed dozens of cases of countries with low currency valuations doing exactly what Iraq is describing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redenomination With each of those re-denominations there were news articles informing people about the upcoming change that described the same process. The only difference with those countries was you didn't have pumpers telling people they would get rich off of the re-denomination and there weren't dealers paying kickbacks to forum owners and pumpers like there are with the dinar.

There has never been a revaluation of even 100% with any currency, let alone 100,000% as would be the case if Iraq changed from $.00086 to $.86. Revaluations don't work that way. You don't change the currency with a revaluation. You just bump the value up a few % and you're done. Zeros are irrelevant with a revaluation because you don't change the currency. Deleting zeros and issuing a new currency are part of the re-denomination process and that's what Iraq is discussing now and has been for years. Don't take my word for it. Look up the terms "re-denomination" and "deleting the zeros" and study it for yourself.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, but in reality I am not demanding absolute proof. I am just pointing out that people are listening to pumper lies.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

My question to all (RVers & LOPsters),why beat yourself and others up over the unknown? There are no true answers to how this will turn out & there is no need to be so stubborn as not to be flexible to all the possibilities. Relax, I really think some try to hard to find answers that just are'nt there.......................yet. Peace              P.S. Doc Robbins,You seem to be asking others for proof,can you prove that Iraq WON'T RV? And history of other countries is not proof-fyi

Edited by caz1104

Goodlife:::: The real cost of dropping the zeros is a wash..The life of a paper bill is less than 2 years, So they would print a replacemnt bill anyway. The life of the plates for the most popular bills is also less than 2 years...So they would have to be replaced in that period. .The quantity of replacement bills is reduced by 1000 +/-....A savings. The new coins will be an expense but they last 15-20 years and would reduce demand for 1,5,10 dinar paper. Add the extra security features , the languages and maybe the pride of being a totally Iraqi creation not a hold over from the US ocupation....Shabibi has it right...I think Jan.1 2013 is THE date!

Its unnecessary and pointless to just remove the zeros for Iraq at this juncture. They do not suffer from hyper inflation and haven't done for some years.

In reverse order to the 2 points above, everybody is giddy over this article, as it is an announcement that Iraq is to Re-Evaluate their currency. I am certainly no rocket scientist, but it would appear that Iraq didn't get the memo.

The incorrect inference that countries have to be suffering from hyperinflation is pumper created, and does two things; shows their tendancy to get people to believe the opposite of the truth, and causes consistent embarrassment to the folks unfortunate enough to repeat pumper lies.

The facts;

Iraq has a currency system that carries the remnants of PAST; I say again, PAST Hyperinflation.

Past Hyperinflation is not the same as current Hyperinflation.

RE-Denomination, in order to be successful, must be performed AFTER Hyperinflation is brought under control and the economy shows stability.

Iraq is now below 10% inflation, and has been for some time.

Those are the facts, below is some beliefs that summarize the current situation.

It is not necessary for them to lie to you, and you can read any of the readily available documents and detect their deception within minutes.

It is also not necessary for them to lie, as RD (which is the only thing the CBI has been pursuing since at least 2006) is being actively blocked by the GOI.

The CBI hasn't been able to close the deal; even after crossing below 10% inflation around 2008.

2012, which is 4 years after Iraq coming in below 10% inflation finds the CBI in the same position; pushing for Re-Denomination; which is what countries do once they recover from Hyperinflation and need to remove the remnants of past hyperinflation.

Just as history shows RD is what countries in Iraq's position do, recent history shows that the CBI still faces an uphill battle in accomplishing this goal.

As long as Iraq continues to excel in corruption, rational economic tool execution will likely continue to be blocked, as it doesn't produce graft for the grafters.

Don't let pumper lies continue to cause yourself embarrassment. It is simply not necessary.

There is too much verifiable documentation to prove that they are overstuffed with caca, and leaking deceit.

It is simply not necessary for someone to tell lies (which get repeated and causes great embarrassment) to create excitement, when the truth is equally uplifting.

Edited by Dalite
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

A better question might be "why would Iraq obligate themselves to trillions of dollars worth of oil discounts just to make dinar investors rich?" I think the $150 million they're spending on the re-denomination is a bargain compared to that.

Japan has a much more sophisticated banking system so they're not as cash oriented as Iraq. The same could be said for Vietnam and S. Korea. The idea is to make cash transactions easier and the CBI has stated that repeatedly. Iraq wants to de-dollarize and they will never do that in a cash oriented society with an exchange rate of 1166:1. Article after article tells you what they're going to do and why. They're going to remove three zeros from the nominal value of the currency ($.00086), issue a new currency at a ratio of 1000 old to 1 new, and then demonetize the old currency. This will result in easing cash transactions and de-dollarization. The IMF and World Bank have witnessed dozens of cases of countries with low currency valuations doing exactly what Iraq is describing. http://en.wikipedia..../Redenomination With each of those re-denominations there were news articles informing people about the upcoming change that described the same process. The only difference with those countries was you didn't have pumpers telling people they would get rich off of the re-denomination and there weren't dealers paying kickbacks to forum owners and pumpers like there are with the dinar.

There has never been a revaluation of even 100% with any currency, let alone 100,000% as would be the case if Iraq changed from $.00086 to $.86. Revaluations don't work that way. You don't change the currency with a revaluation. You just bump the value up a few % and you're done. Zeros are irrelevant with a revaluation because you don't change the currency. Deleting zeros and issuing a new currency are part of the re-denomination process and that's what Iraq is discussing now and has been for years. Don't take my word for it. Look up the terms "re-denomination" and "deleting the zeros" and study it for yourself.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, but in reality I am not demanding absolute proof. I am just pointing out that people are listening to pumper lies.

Everything you said would be accurate EXCEPT for a couple of glaring points...

#1: The Iraqi dinar was ARTIFICIALLY devalued when Sadam attacked Kuwait, therefore it went from $3.22(and no that wasnt just Sadam's rate) back in the 1980's to less than it even is now...which means it can be REVALUED over 100% at anytime to give it back its former "glory" so to speak...

#2: they have stated that the current zero notes will be good for another 10 years of exchange(so demonetizing the "old" currency is not going to happen like it would in a normal LOP scenerio where they give you 45 days to turn it in or your screwed, which also means this scenerio is not normal on any level)

#3:They have to change the current currency to the new "3 language" notes whether they revalue or not because they share their gov't with Kuwait and the 2003 notes did not take them into account...Thus the reason for changing the notes...a LOP is not the reason for them changing the current currency...."Dedollarization" will occur naturally when they raise the value of their money to equal or above the US dollar...

#4: In this case "zeroes" are important because when the new 3 language currency is released they have been printed with the revaluation they plan on (which they have stated the 2013 budget is written with the new value) otherwise why even talk about Lower Denominations if you are not going to raise the actual value of the currency just print new 3 language notes with 3 zeroes on them and be done with it....

#5: As you can see this whole affair has no precedent and therefore cannot be looked at by past scenerios....wipe the black board clean because this is a whole new equation....Never happened before that a country with this kind of wealth has had their currency artificially devalued over 1000% then the super powers(not countries but the "real" people in charge..THE BANKERS..) put together a plan to bring that country back to prominence with debt forgiveness, wealth protection, instituting a government(democracy) that they never had or would have if left to their own devices(think religious leaders in charge..MULLAHS), and a world wide need for their riches(oil, gold, diamonds, platinum, natural gas, etc. and just as important, Geographic location) Location, location, location....

Iraq has it all, and the world is all in on this one....none of this spells the dreaded L..O...P.....that you not only tout, but state it as if it is an unequivocal fact...the only real fact here is, in the history of the world there has never been a country like Iraq, at the time it exists now, with the potential and backing it enjoys(politically, financially, etc.)...therefore this event we all here have invested in is

UNPRECEDENTED!

But don't take my word for it...time will be the ultimate revelator....

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Everything you said would be accurate EXCEPT for a couple of glaring points...

#1: The Iraqi dinar was ARTIFICIALLY devalued when Sadam attacked Kuwait, therefore it went from $3.22(and no that wasnt just Sadam's rate) back in the 1980's to less than it even is now...which means it can be REVALUED over 100% at anytime to give it back its former "glory" so to speak...

#2: they have stated that the current zero notes will be good for another 10 years of exchange(so demonetizing the "old" currency is not going to happen like it would in a normal LOP scenerio where they give you 45 days to turn it in or your screwed, which also means this scenerio is not normal on any level)

#3:They have to change the current currency to the new "3 language" notes whether they revalue or not because they share their gov't with Kuwait and the 2003 notes did not take them into account...Thus the reason for changing the notes...a LOP is not the reason for them changing the current currency...."Dedollarization" will occur naturally when they raise the value of their money to equal or above the US dollar...

#4: In this case "zeroes" are important because when the new 3 language currency is released they have been printed with the revaluation they plan on (which they have stated the 2013 budget is written with the new value) otherwise why even talk about Lower Denominations if you are not going to raise the actual value of the currency just print new 3 language notes with 3 zeroes on them and be done with it....

#5: As you can see this whole affair has no precedent and therefore cannot be looked at by past scenerios....wipe the black board clean because this is a whole new equation....Never happened before that a country with this kind of wealth has had their currency artificially devalued over 1000% then the super powers(not countries but the "real" people in charge..THE BANKERS..) put together a plan to bring that country back to prominence with debt forgiveness, wealth protection, instituting a government(democracy) that they never had or would have if left to their own devices(think religious leaders in charge..MULLAHS), and a world wide need for their riches(oil, gold, diamonds, platinum, natural gas, etc. and just as important, Geographic location) Location, location, location....

Iraq has it all, and the world is all in on this one....none of this spells the dreaded L..O...P.....that you not only tout, but state it as if it is an unequivocal fact...the only real fact here is, in the history of the world there has never been a country like Iraq, at the time it exists now, with the potential and backing it enjoys(politically, financially, etc.)...therefore this event we all here have invested in is

UNPRECEDENTED!

But don't take my word for it...time will be the ultimate revelator....

#1 It wasn't devalued. It depreciated. If you don't know the difference you should look up the terms. "Artificially" suggests that the current value isn't an accurate representation of the true value. With 30 trillion in circulation and 70 trillion in their M2 that's hard to imagine.

#2 Turkey had a ten year redemption period as well when they lopped. http://www.tcmb.gov.tr/yeni/iletisimgm/NTL_faq.htm (see #11) Shabibi said that there was a lot to learn from Turkey and it seems he's following their example.

#3 Actually they don't have to. If they had to they would have likely done it in 2004 when the IQD was introduced. If they just wanted to change their design there's nothing to stop them. We change the US dollar design every few years. But they can't change over to a new currency series with a new name, new ISO code ... etc. without approval from parliament and that's where they're getting resistance. I would agree that revaluing to $1 or more would bring about de-dollarization, but revaluing to $1 or more with their current money supply is an economic impossibility.

#4 No revaluation in history has required new currency and no revaluation in history has been done by removing zeros. However dozens of re-denominations have been accompanied by both. The new value is the value of the new dinar, not the current dinar which is being replaced in the re-denomination. In every re-denomination the result is a currency with a higher value but that doesn't mean that anybody gained any purshasing power. This is where the pumpers are confusing people. They're making them think that the new value will be applied to the dinar that they hold. It won't.

#5 If your scenario is true then I would agree that this will be an unprecedented event. However your claim that Iraq is wealthy is baseless. Iraq has a lot of oil but not much of anything else. Their GDP is 90% oil revenues. Their GDP per capita is comparitively low. This will hopefully change over the decades but we can all see how slowly change occurs with Iraq. I already addressed your "artifically devalued" claim. I won't explore conspiracy theories except to say that debt forgiveness is hardly evidence of an impending unprecedented revaluation. Nigeria, Liberia, and Congo all experienced debt forgiveness as well from The Paris Club. Is anybody buying up their currencies?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

They used the word re-evaluation but they are obviously talking about a re-denomination because they are describing a lop when they say "deleting three zeros" and "facilitate financial transactions". When they tell us "we're pulling in the notes with three zeros so that we can reduce the money supply and revalue to a thousands times the current value" then you can get excited.

Currency RevaluationThe active decision of a government to increase or decrease the value of its own currency in relation to other currencies. Revaluation occurs exclusively in fixed currencies, when the currency in question is pegged to another currency. A government generally revalues its own currency when it wishes to make adjustments to its peg to another currency. If the revaluation is a devaluation, it makes the country's exports less expensive in foreign markets.

Is the redenomination policy a re-valuation

or resort to a fixed exchange rate regime?

• No. Redenomination is not the same as revaluation. A revaluation entails an official adjustment of the exchange value of a country’s currency (usually an upward change in value) relative to other currencies by fiat under a fixed exchange rate regime. CBN will continue to maintain a market determined exchange rate regime. In his August 14, 2007, speech the CBN Governor used N1.25 to US$1 as an illustrative figure. It does not mean that the exchange rate will be fixed at that figure. The exchange rate may appreciate or depreciate depending on market forces.

• Upvote 3

#1 It wasn't devalued. It depreciated. If you don't know the difference you should look up the terms. "Artificially" suggests that the current value isn't an accurate representation of the true value. With 30 trillion in circulation and 70 trillion in their M2 that's hard to imagine.

#2 Turkey had a ten year redemption period as well when they lopped. http://www.tcmb.gov....mgm/NTL_faq.htm (see #11) Shabibi said that there was a lot to learn from Turkey and it seems he's following their example.

#3 Actually they don't have to. If they had to they would have likely done it in 2004 when the IQD was introduced. If they just wanted to change their design there's nothing to stop them. We change the US dollar design every few years. But they can't change over to a new currency series with a new name, new ISO code ... etc. without approval from parliament and that's where they're getting resistance. I would agree that revaluing to $1 or more would bring about de-dollarization, but revaluing to $1 or more with their current money supply is an economic impossibility.

#4 No revaluation in history has required new currency and no revaluation in history has been done by removing zeros. However dozens of re-denominations have been accompanied by both. The new value is the value of the new dinar, not the current dinar which is being replaced in the re-denomination. In every re-denomination the result is a currency with a higher value but that doesn't mean that anybody gained any purshasing power. This is where the pumpers are confusing people. They're making them think that the new value will be applied to the dinar that they hold. It won't.

#5 If your scenario is true then I would agree that this will be an unprecedented event. However your claim that Iraq is wealthy is baseless. Iraq has a lot of oil but not much of anything else. Their GDP is 90% oil revenues. Their GDP per capita is comparitively low. This will hopefully change over the decades but we can all see how slowly change occurs with Iraq. I already addressed your "artifically devalued" claim. I won't explore conspiracy theories except to say that debt forgiveness is hardly evidence of an impending unprecedented revaluation. Nigeria, Liberia, and Congo all experienced debt forgiveness as well from The Paris Club. Is anybody buying up their currencies?

Yep....most of what you say is overlooked and not taken into consideration.....

But if the gurus tell you the opposite then it MUST be right! LOL....cause they know more then we do with their special intel and translators!!

Currency RevaluationThe active decision of a government to increase or decrease the value of its own currency in relation to other currencies. Revaluation occurs exclusively in fixed currencies, when the currency in question is pegged to another currency. A government generally revalues its own currency when it wishes to make adjustments to its peg to another currency. If the revaluation is a devaluation, it makes the country's exports less expensive in foreign markets.

Is the redenomination policy a re-valuation

or resort to a fixed exchange rate regime?

• No. Redenomination is not the same as revaluation. A revaluation entails an official adjustment of the exchange value of a country’s currency (usually an upward change in value) relative to other currencies by fiat under a fixed exchange rate regime. CBN will continue to maintain a market determined exchange rate regime. In his August 14, 2007, speech the CBN Governor used N1.25 to US$1 as an illustrative figure. It does not mean that the exchange rate will be fixed at that figure. The exchange rate may appreciate or depreciate depending on market forces.

He was talking about what the article stated... RE-EVALUATION.....not revaluation....they are two different things and I think he was just pointing out that they are considering RE-EVALUATING the dinar after redenominating....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

We aren't allowed to post links to Pumper Sites and Chats...

I would also be interested in a legit link for this.

There is no single link to the conclusion one comes to after looking at the entire picture. Anything other than the culmination of our research would be a weak conclusion. At the end of the day, we each come to one of two conclusions. Either you believe we have a chance to make a profit or you don't. I believe we will profit which is why I am here. I don't believe in the Facebook stock, which is why I don't go to their forum to cast my doubt on their investment. Here are a few links and no this is not everything I based my research on. Not interested in trying to convince you of anything. Believe what you will.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c3212886-e2c4-11e1-a463-00144feab49a.html#axzz24TqvIRgr

http://www.sigir.mil/publications/quarterlyreports/April2011.html

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB198/FOI%20Economy%20and%20Infrastructure.pdf

http://www.mop.gov.iq/mop/index.jsp?sid=1&id=308&pid=295&lng=en

http://works.bepress.com/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1003&context=warren_coats

http://www.oecd.org/countries/iraq/45174154.pdf

http://www-wds.worldbank.org/external/default/WDSContentServer/WDSP/IB/2009/02/27/000333038_20090227052857/Rendered/PDF/473040ISN0Iraq101Official0Use0Only1.pdf

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VFUoLNr1HKUDBs4xQ3V2YOvHVgPdmE8014raKBH-wpI/edit?pli=1#bookmark=id.b0e8c173b578

In reverse order to the 2 points above, everybody is giddy over this article, as it is an announcement that Iraq is to Re-Evaluate their currency. I am certainly no rocket scientist, but it would appear that Iraq didn't get the memo.

The incorrect inference that countries have to be suffering from hyperinflation is pumper created, and does two things; shows their tendancy to get people to believe the opposite of the truth, and causes consistent embarrassment to the folks unfortunate enough to repeat pumper lies.

The facts;

Iraq has a currency system that carries the remnants of PAST; I say again, PAST Hyperinflation.

Past Hyperinflation is not the same as current Hyperinflation.

RE-Denomination, in order to be successful, must be performed AFTER Hyperinflation is brought under control and the economy shows stability.

Iraq is now below 10% inflation, and has been for some time.

Those are the facts, below is some beliefs that summarize the current situation.

It is not necessary for them to lie to you, and you can read any of the readily available documents and detect their deception within minutes.

It is also not necessary for them to lie, as RD (which is the only thing the CBI has been pursuing since at least 2006) is being actively blocked by the GOI.

The CBI hasn't been able to close the deal; even after crossing below 10% inflation around 2008.

2012, which is 4 years after Iraq coming in below 10% inflation finds the CBI in the same position; pushing for Re-Denomination; which is what countries do once they recover from Hyperinflation and need to remove the remnants of past hyperinflation.

Just as history shows RD is what countries in Iraq's position do, recent history shows that the CBI still faces an uphill battle in accomplishing this goal.

As long as Iraq continues to excel in corruption, rational economic tool execution will likely continue to be blocked, as it doesn't produce graft for the grafters.

Don't let pumper lies continue to cause yourself embarrassment. It is simply not necessary.

There is too much verifiable documentation to prove that they are overstuffed with caca, and leaking deceit.

It is simply not necessary for someone to tell lies (which get repeated and causes great embarrassment) to create excitement, when the truth is equally uplifting.

Do tell.... and your "equally uplifiting truth" is what exactly? Please do explain to all of us uneducated lamans so we don't continue to "embarrass" ourselves in this forum. My goodness I feel so foolish now. Thank you so much for the enlightenment!!

Edited by DocDinar.
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1