Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar to "re-evaluate"

ijdk

Alchemy

smile.gifrolleyes.gif

MY FAVORITE WORD rolleyes.gif

Did you know that another definition in Oxford's is...

The Nectar of Life...

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Soooo I'm curious? rolleyes.gif

If alot of us are leary about the dollar, and some about gold, has anyone thought about safe alternatives to invest in should we get our windfall?

Silly Question smile.gif I know you all have. Anyone want to share some idea's?

I like the idea of some gold and silver, not to sure about ISX.

The Nectar of Life...

If alot of us are leary about the dollar, and some about gold, has anyone thought about safe alternatives to invest in should we get our windfall?

Ahh yes alchemy the nectar of life, really isn't the most precious, the most golden is that we spend with the ones we share much with? It is interesting isn't it...we get caught up with the our vision of prosperity, (I do), but then there are those moments when smiles from a grand child's eyes who wants just a bit more of one's time, for one more day that fills the heart with gold and myrrh. It truly is everything.

• Upvote 2

The Nectar of Life...

We could hide gold in Sardinia in the hut and under the straw mattress and down the road from the Alchemist and the Astrologer. The goats will guard it. :D

Ahh yes alchemy the nectar of life, really isn't the most precious, the most golden is that we spend with the ones we share much with? It is interesting isn't it...we get caught up with the our vision of prosperity, (I do), but then there are those moments when smiles from a grand child's eyes who wants just a bit more of one's time, for one more day that fills the heart with gold and myrrh. It truly is everything.

One more of grandpa's cookies...and smiles all around.

And SoCal, thank you. I subscribed to the GATA newsletter.

Edited by Carrello

The Nectar of Life...

Hey there Maggie, good to see you. My personal plan is first to consult a professional financial advisor. Some good options I've studied are owning gold, colored diamonds (the most concentrated form of wealth in the world which you can discreetly transport), and swiss annuities. Also, municipal bonds are great because you pay no tax on the interest. Post-RV we will have a lot to talk about. Most of the great investment opportunities are offshore today and not available stateside. Without jurisdictional immunity we don't really have asset protection. For example, Cook Islands or Belize. A good option is to have a domestic trust (to save cost) that is spring-able to Cook Islands should duress arise. We should consult a professional asset protection and tax attorney. Again though, this is all post-rv. Lets get there first. Cheers :)

We could hide gold in Sardinia in the hut and under the straw mattress and down the road from the Alchemist and the Astrologer. The goats will guard it. :D

One more of grandpa's cookies...and smiles all around.

And SoCal, thank you. I subscribed to the GATA newsletter.

Hey Carrello, I was hoping I'd see you tonight. Sneak a cookie over to me.

I believe you have. The zeros aren't lifted off of the notes. That's guru nonsense. The IQD notes will retain their value but the notes are going away. The zeros will be lifted off of the nominal value ($.00086) and a new currency will be issued where a 100 note would be worth $86. Your 500 notes are worth $.43 each and will continue to be until they are demonetized. You could exchange them for a new 1/2 dinar note or coin, or you could exchange two of them for the new 1 dinar note.

Are you really a doctor? I would be very afraid for your patients.... :mellow:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

We could hide gold in Sardinia in the hut and under the straw mattress and down the road from the Alchemist and the Astrologer. The goats will guard it

HAHAHAHA! The biggest laugh I have had today! The goats...the Alchemist and the Astrologer....in a hut wondering where to hide the gold! What a friggen funny picture! In Sardinia of all places....but it could happen....HAHAHAHAHHA!

... I know you all have. Anyone want to share some idea's?

In my best Homer Simpson voice.......Beer :)

• Upvote 2

HAHAHAHA! The biggest laugh I have had today! The goats...the Alchemist and the Astrologer....in a hut wondering where to hide the gold! What a friggen funny picture! In Sardinia of all places....but it could happen....HAHAHAHAHHA!

Careful. It is the land of gypsies and they sing! B)

Hey there Maggie, good to see you. My personal plan is first to consult a professional financial advisor. Some good options I've studied are owning gold, colored diamonds (the most concentrated form of wealth in the world which you can discreetly transport), and swiss annuities. Also, municipal bonds are great because you pay no tax on the interest. Post-RV we will have a lot to talk about. Most of the great investment opportunities are offshore today and not available stateside. Without jurisdictional immunity we don't really have asset protection. For example, Cook Islands or Belize. A good option is to have a domestic trust (to save cost) that is spring-able to Cook Islands should duress arise. We should consult a professional asset protection and tax attorney. Again though, this is all post-rv. Lets get there first. Cheers :)

Hey Carrello, I was hoping I'd see you tonight. Sneak a cookie over to me.

A dozen of each, coming up!

We could hide gold in Sardinia in the hut and under the straw mattress and down the road from the Alchemist and the Astrologer. The goats will guard it. biggrin.gif

smile.gifI love it!!! Hey and it could just happen. biggrin.giflaugh.giftongue.gif

Hey there Maggie, good to see you. My personal plan is first to consult a professional financial advisor. Some good options I've studied are owning gold, colored diamonds (the most concentrated form of wealth in the world which you can discreetly transport), and swiss annuities. Also, municipal bonds are great because you pay no tax on the interest. Post-RV we will have a lot to talk about. Most of the great investment opportunities are offshore today and not available stateside. Without jurisdictional immunity we don't really have asset protection. For example, Cook Islands or Belize. A good option is to have a domestic trust (to save cost) that is spring-able to Cook Islands should duress arise. We should consult a professional asset protection and tax attorney. Again though, this is all post-rv. Lets get there first. Cheers smile.gif

SWFG smile.gif I hadn't thought of colored diamonds, but they are my birthstone after all. Great Idea!

Of Course we need to hook up with professionals we trust. But you have given all good idea's to consider.

Appreciate It, Thank You Dear smile.gif

• Upvote 1

Who's being defensive? Slamming you is a joy.

Oh what a slam it was let me tell you! Hahaha

You can only resort to those weak attempts after you are corrected, so it negates anything you say.....instead of thanking someone for clearing up something you were confused about, you can only show your immaturity to communicate effectively with others.

You definately got a little butt hurt and it shows.....if you get that emotional, maybe you shouldnt participate.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Are you really a doctor? I would be very afraid for your patients.... :mellow:

He was confused about the lop and I pointed that out to him. The zeros aren't removed from the notes. They're removed from the exchange rate and the old notes at the old rate are phased out. I could have just left him confused to spare his feelings but I don't think that would have been the right thing to do. Following up with your reference to patients, if I knew that a patient had a potentially fatal condition and allowed them to think otherwise I would be derelict in my duties. Incidentally, I never said I was a medical doctor.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Everything you said would be accurate EXCEPT for a couple of glaring points...

#1: The Iraqi dinar was ARTIFICIALLY devalued when Sadam attacked Kuwait, therefore it went from $3.22(and no that wasnt just Sadam's rate) back in the 1980's to less than it even is now...which means it can be REVALUED over 100% at anytime to give it back its former "glory" so to speak...

#2: they have stated that the current zero notes will be good for another 10 years of exchange(so demonetizing the "old" currency is not going to happen like it would in a normal LOP scenerio where they give you 45 days to turn it in or your screwed, which also means this scenerio is not normal on any level)

#3:They have to change the current currency to the new "3 language" notes whether they revalue or not because they share their gov't with Kuwait and the 2003 notes did not take them into account...Thus the reason for changing the notes...a LOP is not the reason for them changing the current currency...."Dedollarization" will occur naturally when they raise the value of their money to equal or above the US dollar...

#4: In this case "zeroes" are important because when the new 3 language currency is released they have been printed with the revaluation they plan on (which they have stated the 2013 budget is written with the new value) otherwise why even talk about Lower Denominations if you are not going to raise the actual value of the currency just print new 3 language notes with 3 zeroes on them and be done with it....

#5: As you can see this whole affair has no precedent and therefore cannot be looked at by past scenerios....wipe the black board clean because this is a whole new equation....Never happened before that a country with this kind of wealth has had their currency artificially devalued over 1000% then the super powers(not countries but the "real" people in charge..THE BANKERS..) put together a plan to bring that country back to prominence with debt forgiveness, wealth protection, instituting a government(democracy) that they never had or would have if left to their own devices(think religious leaders in charge..MULLAHS), and a world wide need for their riches(oil, gold, diamonds, platinum, natural gas, etc. and just as important, Geographic location) Location, location, location....

Iraq has it all, and the world is all in on this one....none of this spells the dreaded L..O...P.....that you not only tout, but state it as if it is an unequivocal fact...the only real fact here is, in the history of the world there has never been a country like Iraq, at the time it exists now, with the potential and backing it enjoys(politically, financially, etc.)...therefore this event we all here have invested in is

UNPRECEDENTED!

But don't take my word for it...time will be the ultimate revelator....

What a great post....VERY well explained. As an English professor I find it very refreshing to read a lengthy article from a DV member that is basically free of grammar errors - and you can read the sentences ONCE instead of deciphering them. Blessed be...

As for what was said, I agree. This may be unprecedented. Germany may be closest example - though they had hyper inflation before they were attacked. Rich country, war scenario, after the war, high currency.

Key Lime - possibly you mean to say Iraq shares gov't with "Kurds" not "Kuwait" in the parag. about printing new notes to include the Kurds.

I have heard arguments Saddam printed too much money and devalued the dinar before the war - not true to the extent they argue. The street value was about $1.90USD to a dinar at this time, possibly because of Saddam's overprinting, while the official rate was $3.22 - I give you that. BUT it was NOT devalued four thousand times as it was in the war. This is a different animal, this kind of devaluation.

This feels more like a reinstatement of the original value after wartime devaluation.

Edited by hame55
  • Upvote 6

And I need the likes of you to lecture me on maturity? laugh.gif What, did you just wake up and realize you're 38 years old? Go back to your "articles."

You can either suck it up, and just admit you were incorrect, or walk away with your tail between your legs......

Your really taking this pretty hard....which is why I suggested you dont participate in these posts.....

It would make things easier for you that way.....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I have heard arguments Saddam printed too much money and devalued the dinar before the war - not true to the extent they argue. The street value was about $1.90USD to a dinar at this time, possibly because of Saddam's overprinting, while the official rate was $3.22 - I give you that. BUT it was NOT devalued four thousand times as it was in the war. This is a different animal, this kind of devaluation.

This feels more like a reinstatement of the original value after wartime devaluation.

Good Morning Hame55 smile.gif

So are you saying that this feels like a reinstatement of $1.90?

I understand that it was devalued even further beyond the levels that Suddam (sp?) had devalued it.

Just seems to me that they will need to come out at a value that they can support now, regardless.

Am I missing something? unsure.gif

Hames you just gotta appreciate new and creative ways to spell words with me. tongue.gif

Edited by Maggie123

And I need the likes of you to lecture me on maturity? :lol: What, did you just wake up and realize you're 38 years old? Go back to your "articles."

Geez, I gave you a minus when I meant to give you a plus. I am sorry. Can somebody help me out with a plus for Sanssouci, please. Thanks.

When we see this RV, I will buy new glasses, a bigger coffee pot, and hopefully, a new attitude.

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 2

Gotcha Covered Carrello biggrin.gif I just got a recharge.

Well Ziggi did you know that as a lib I am worse than Umbertino the comnunist! tongue.gif

That's what jonjon said. (in my 5 year old voice)

biggrin.giflaugh.giftongue.gif

Sheesh i only got out 2 +'s and I'm out.

Am I being punished? rolleyes.gif

Edited by Maggie123

Good Morning Hame55 smile.gif

So are you saying that this feels like a reinstatement of $1.90?

I understand that it was devalued even further beyond the levels that Suddam (sp?) had devalued it.

Just seems to me that they will need to come out at a value that they can support now, regardless.

Am I missing something? unsure.gif

Hames you just gotta appreciate new and creative ways to spell words with me. tongue.gif

Maggie,

Maybe half of that could be right. He did devalue some of it, but he also did not tap into "all" the resources. Heck he had plenty of US dollars on top of that. With a government such as a dictator, you can save a lot of money, and if your only using part of your resources it could be a devaluation especially if you start printing to much money and lower GDP. Geez, it can work both ways. Could have tapped into more resources and lowered money supply, cause we surely know they have resources. I have read some about the value also not being worth the $3.31, but all has changed since then. We know dog gone well it's worth the same as Kuwait easily. We didn't know of all the resources until we got into this investment.

I can't wait till I can buy some of the Gold coins.

Geez, I gave you a minus when I meant to give you a plus. I am sorry. Can somebody help me out with a plus for Sanssouci, please. Thanks.

When we see this RV, I will buy new glasses, a bigger coffee pot, and hopefully, a new attitude.

Nope, first I want you to fell guilty for it. Then I might :lol: :lol: I guess I am feelin my oats this morning :D

The Nectar of Life...

:D :D :D

The best thing you could own is land. You can grow and live on it, and they don't make it anymore. :D JMHO

Edited by uncirculd

Maggie,

... Geez, it can work both ways. Could have tapped into more resources and lowered money supply, cause we surely know they have resources. I have read some about the value also not being worth the $3.31, but all has changed since then. We know dog gone well it's worth the same as Kuwait easily. We didn't know of all the resources until we got into this investment.

I can't wait till I can buy some of the Gold coins.

The best thing you could own is land. You can grow and live on it, and they don't make it anymore. biggrin.gif JMHO

Thank You Unciculd smile.gif We do know they probably have more resources than Kuwait but they are so war torn, run down and under so much corruption still, they can't even hardly begin to tap their wealth Yet.

The Kurds seem to be doing the best but the rest of Iraq needs to get up to par first. Otherwise it would be putting the cart before the horse. IMHO heck I'm just guessing here and I appreciate your input missy!

I was thinking that too about the gold coins. rolleyes.gif

Awe an island? I hadn't thought of one just for myself. Your right they sure don't make em anymore. tongue.gif

Hugs Dear