Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank announces sale of gold coins near the

yota691

Central Bank announces sale of gold coins near the

Published on Wednesday, August 15 / August 2012 nine fifty-two | posted by: Rasan | | | Hits: 18

0dhb.jpg

BAGHDAD / With: Central Bank of Iraq intention to sell gold coins and things of high value close to the public in addition to selling the dollar at auction. Deputy Governor of Bank of the appearance of Mohammed in a press statement on Wednesday: "The Bank is studying the economic feasibility for the sale of gold coins and monetary and other foreign currencies as well as treasury transfers to the public soon. " And: "The move was the case earlier in the eighties of the last century, but the circumstances of the siege in the nineties has made ​​people focus on buying the dollar to ease discharged on the market." He added: " The treasury transfers are not grappling with the public for limited circulation is currently on the banks and private banks, "explaining that the treasury transfers short-term expires at the end of the year which comes to finance the deficit of my time while the bonds, the central bank to be long term and will last for years. He said the Bank bonds and treasury transfers are sold in a weekly auction held by the Central Bank for this purpose. (finished)

http://www.mustakbal.net/index.php/2012-05-17-17-37-03/2012-05-17-17-42-38/23896-2012-08-15-09-52-51

If Iraq has the gold in natural resources as claimed , and if Iraq can get it out of the ground, and if Iraq can refine, forge and mint, this could be a mechanism for sharp increases in Foreign Reserves. That could support higher exchange rates in the future.

With the price of Gold what it is today, it is amazing that Iraq hasn't capitalized on this resource.

We keep hearing about their gold reserves, but nothing has surfaced, so to speak, yet..

• Upvote 1

I think they are talking about "sadam Gold".. if you read any of the accounts of the aftermath of the war , Sadam had stashed gold in many places in and out of Iraq...They do not know if they have found all of it ! Some still under litigation in France , Germany and Switzerland.. I think that he thought that if he had to flee he could buy his way into those countries.... Not talking about refined ore. Iraq is despirate for $. Hasnt been able to grow oil exports as fast as IMF/WB projected ....

Here is what I find interesting, they are selling short term bonds. They have implied a few times they planned to, but I have not read before they actually are. I have mentioned this before via a banker as of a few months back, their bonds are doing very well. It seems to me, they are doing many things we are unaware of....well that is banking.

The treasury transfers are not grappling with the public for limited circulation is currently on the banks and private banks, "explaining that the treasury transfers short-term expires at the end of the year which comes to finance the deficit of my time while the bonds, the central bank to be long term and will last for years. He said the Bank bonds and treasury transfers are sold in a weekly auction held by the Central Bank for this purpose.

Zig:::: I dont think they have sold any bonds to date, was a proposal... They do have about $500M in 3,6, and 12 month notes that they have been rolling over for the last few years. It is how they have been handeling some of the budget deficits.

I would have agreed with you until I spoke to an investments banker a few months ago. He said they were selling them and they were doing well. But of course he did mention the dinar was not a great investment. I did not mention my shoe box.