Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Did Jesus condemn homosexuality?

sportfisher

Hey Sport,

Why do care about one's sexual preference? How does the *** population effect your life, in general, and in a negative way? Please share, I'm curious.

Just sayin,

Ski

I care about people, their well being and eternity. Sin needs to be identified for what it is, to some more than others, and to share what Jesus Christ says about it is more important than what I think about it. The wrong "sexual preference" is just another form of, or way to sin.

It is sick for one thing, homosexuality is gross and in our face daily. It is a blatant disregard for and mocking of God and His perfect design.

The agenda has weaseled its way into our children's schools & universities, on the internet, on TV, in politics, mocking God, in our face daily, pushing and spreading the lie, to family and friends, seducing & recruiting because adam and steve, nor eve and betsy can reproduce to grow this group. It is destroying peoples lives, and some of them are my friends. I have friends that have come out of that "deep dark pit" and that is how they described it.

need I continue?

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

The word Hate might seem to some to be out of context in relating what God expects of us. Really, it isn't out of context. The reason for this is because God tells us "You must learn to love what is good, and learn to Hate what is bad. So, as mentioned so many times earlier in this thread, we do not as true christians hate the person, we only hate what it is they are doing that is bad.

I think the Bibles view on this matter has been covered extremly well in these posts. Thank you all who posted your views and Bible quotes. I for one am happy to see so many come forward with the true viewpoint of God and his intention and meaning of the marriage arrangement.

• Upvote 5

Hey Sport,

Why do care about one's sexual preference? How does the *** population effect your life, in general, and in a negative way? Please share, I'm curious.

Just sayin,

Ski

Skitealwedrop, God gave us the gift of creation. We can't create with this sexual preference. How do you explain to a child that a male and male or female and female can't have children. I was created by a man and female, you were created by a man and female.

We are blessed to be created by this gift of life.

It goes deeper, we have a mystical tradition that describes as our call to "nuptial union" with God. Ultimately, only union with God can satisfy the deep "ache" within us for love. The intimate love of spouses is actually a sign of something greater. Those who concentrate themselves to God or should I say entirely to God will witness this great union. And by doing so, they do not reject their sexuality. Rather they show us the ultimate purpose and meaning of their human sexuality: to point us to union with God.

Skitealwedrop, we are sons and daughters of Christ and we are to raise Godly children. We fight the demonic battle who so eager to separate us from God. He will use any means to succeed. They attack where we, deep in our spirits, are not trusting in God's love for us, are not believing in our true identity. We should not fall to this weakness of sin and keep God in the picture at all time. Man's ways are not join to God's way. :)

• Upvote 4

Wow, great reponses thanks for the post Sport. It is effecting the Boy Scouts right now. Oh and the latest on that issue is "The self proclaimed messiah "O"" just said he disapproves of the BSA 's ban on gays in the Scouts, like anyone gives a rip what he thinks. IDIOT!!!

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Wow, great reponses thanks for the post Sport. It is effecting the Boy Scouts right now. Oh and the latest on that issue is "The self proclaimed messiah "O"" just said he disapproves of the BSA 's ban on gays in the Scouts, like anyone gives a rip what he thinks. IDIOT!!!

By the way, the other latest on the Boy Scout's issue is that "Mittwitt" also doesn't agree with the ban on gays in the Scouts. hmmmm.... Like anyone cares what "Tax Amnesty" says anyway, but I thought you'd want to know.

• Upvote 1

Its called HIV/AIDs...

-

Heterosexuals spread HIV too. I have participated in a 5k (Lifewalk Dallas) to raise money to treat HIV patients for many years. You would be surprised how many straight adults and young children are carriers of the virus. The truth is that HIV crosses all lines in this country and elsewhere.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Skitealwedrop, God gave us the gift of creation. We can't create with this sexual preference. How do you explain to a child that a male and male or female and female can't have children. I was created by a man and female, you were created by a man and female.

We are blessed to be created by this gift of life.

It goes deeper, we have a mystical tradition that describes as our call to "nuptial union" with God. Ultimately, only union with God can satisfy the deep "ache" within us for love. The intimate love of spouses is actually a sign of something greater. Those who concentrate themselves to God or should I say entirely to God will witness this great union. And by doing so, they do not reject their sexuality. Rather they show us the ultimate purpose and meaning of their human sexuality: to point us to union with God.

Skitealwedrop, we are sons and daughters of Christ and we are to raise Godly children. We fight the demonic battle who so eager to separate us from God. He will use any means to succeed. They attack where we, deep in our spirits, are not trusting in God's love for us, are not believing in our true identity. We should not fall to this weakness of sin and keep God in the picture at all time. Man's ways are not join to God's way. :)

I respect your post and thoughts. I agree with you in part. I do believe in God though I'm not as religious as you are. I did not mean that in a disrespectful way.

Procreation is out of control globally. There are so many children on this planet that were born through no fault of their own and deserve much better lives. Maybe adult married couples should consider adoption to help absorb the unwanted children that need a loving family that is able to support them emotionally and financially in their lives. Just a thought.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

That's not enough for you? How about walking down the street and having a man dressed as woman grabbing your ass? How about at 19 yrs old laying in your bed and having your superior of the same sex trying to seduce you? How about bending over working on something and having your supervisor of the same sex grab your ass? Do I need to go on?

Mark,

If a man or women were to sexually assault me I would call the police. A 19 year old having sex in my bed with a same sex superior would never happen in my home. Did you give them a key? Oh, and if a coworker of any gender grabbed my ass at work I would report it to HR the DOL and hire a labor law attorney the following day.

I'm not sure what the intent of your post was. I tried to respond in the best way that I could.

Ski

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Maybe "adults" should pull their heads out of their **** and learn that sex out of marriage is a sin and the wages of that sin are children that are not cared for, abused, addicted,hungry, shelterless and unwanted. I am all for couples adopting but only so many can be. I am not in favor of abortion either. That is not a viable birth control method to me. KPIP was what I was taught. (Keep Peter In Pants)

• Upvote 4

I respect your post and thoughts. I agree with you in part. I do believe in God though I'm not as religious as you are. I did not mean that in a disrespectful way.

Procreation is out of control globally. There are so many children on this planet that were born through no fault of their own and deserve much better lives. Maybe adult married couples should consider adoption to help absorb the unwanted children that need a loving family that is able to support them emotionally and financially in their lives. Just a thought.

There has never been a child born that was a mistake or accident... all are precisely planned by our Father with a specific purpose...

• Upvote 6

By Carl Gallups

It would appear to be indisputable that same-sex marriage and the open celebration of homosexuality is quickly becoming a part of the global cultural agenda – and corresponding to the rise of the activist homosexual agenda is a teaching that is permeating the Christian world: “Since Jesus never mentions homosexuality nor does He specifically condemn it, homosexuality must be legitimate in Jesus’ eyes.”

Let me address these issues from the biblical worldview. As a matter of fact, I include an entire chapter in my new book, “The Magic Man in the Sky: Effectively Defending The Christian Faith,” on the importance and relevance of various worldviews upon cultures and civilizations.

This is a foundationally important issue. For if there is no God or accountability to God, our Creator, as the secular worldview would have us to believe, then homosexual marriage is a completely legitimate issue. Pedophilia and bestiality would not be out of the question either, should the prevailing secular worldview “deem” the lifestyles to be acceptable and the “new norm.” The biblical worldview, however, is grounded in the unchanging tenets of the Word of God. This is where the loudest cultural clash occurs … when two worlds collide.

So, did Jesus condemn, speak of, or even mention homosexuality? The one who espouses this false teaching usually begins by saying that he discounts both the Old Testament and the writings of Paul and adheres only to the four Gospels. In so doing, they think they have found a convenient way to justify the homosexual lifestyle. First, the gyrations one must use to reach this illogical conclusion are astounding and ought to be the first dead giveaway of the falsehood of the proposition. But, secondly, let’s simply examine the question on its face – did Jesus ever say anything in the four Gospels that would condemn the homosexual lifestyle or homosexual marriage?

As it turns out, yes, He did. As a matter of fact, He spoke very clearly and directly about the issue. Let me begin with Matthew 19:4. Here Jesus is answering a question from the Pharisees regarding divorce. However, his answer is very telling concerning the entire issue of sexuality, the purpose of sexuality, marriage and the proper form of marriage. Here are the words of Jesus:

“And He answered and said to them, ‘Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning “made them male and female,” and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh”?’” (Matthew 19:4)

Here Jesus upholds creation, male and female sexual relationships (in marriage), male and female marriage, procreation as a part of male and female marriage, and the sanctity of male and female marriage and sexual relationships. His answer is a blanket ignoring (thus condemnation as perversion) of anything outside God’s standard for sexuality and marriage. This truth cannot be legitimately explained away.

But, Jesus gets even more direct concerning the issue of homosexuality. In John 5:46-47, Jesus tells his detractors that unless one holds to the writings of Moses (the first five books of the Bible), one cannot fully know or understand truth or Jesus Himself. “For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?” (John 5:46-47) Of course, in the first five books of the Bible we read of the days of Noah and Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis) and the blanket condemnation of homosexuality as perversion (Leviticus). Oh well, so much for throwing out the Old Testament to legitimize homosexuality. But wait – Jesus gets even more direct with the matter.

Jesus also spoke of the destruction of the Sodomite (openly celebrating homosexuality) cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. (Luke 17:28-32; Matthew 10:15; 11:24; Mark 6:11.) The presenting sin that brought about the destruction of those cultures was homosexuality. Consider these words found in the book of Jude:

“Even as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.” (Jude 1:7-8)

Three of the four gospels contain quotes from Jesus about the sinful condition of Sodom and Gomorrah and the destruction that the celebration of the presenting sin of homosexuality wrought upon them. One of those quotes equates the sins of Sodom (homosexuality) to the same type of pervasive perversion of Noah’s day (Luke 17:26-30). So, as it turns out … YES, Jesus did speak rather forthrightly, and often, about the sin of homosexuality and the judgment that it brings upon societies that celebrate it.

But, most important to the issue is the matter of the person of Jesus. Who is He? Well, He claimed to be God with us. The Scriptures claim that He is God with us (Matthew 1:24). Even his enemies knew that Jesus was making this claim (John 10:33). So, if Jesus is “God with us,” then we have to ask, “Does God condemn homosexuality?” The answer is obvious. From Genesis to Revelation, God’s Word, homosexuality is condemned as perversion and a certain sign that God’s judgment is on the way to the culture that openly celebrates it as “normal.”

Now for the good news. Once we understand the correct and contextual biblical position in this matter, we also discover that homosexuality is not the unforgivable sin. There is hope, healing, forgiveness and salvation for anyone caught in the grips of any sinful lifestyle. Jesus extends his love and forgiveness to anyone, the Bible says, if one would repent (turn from) their sin and call upon Jesus Christ as Lord. Just like the woman caught in the act of adultery, you can hear Jesus say, “Neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more.”

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/did-jesus-condemn-homosexuality/

aaaaaaaaaaa Amen aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Amen, aaaaaaaaaaaaaAmen Amen Amen

• Upvote 3

There has never been a child born that was a mistake or accident... all are precisely planned by our Father with a specific purpose...

Wow, that's quite a statement to make.

The birth of unplanned children that live on this continent in terrible conditions is the plan of our Father with a certain purpose? What purpose would that be Bama?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Chime in Rod. I know your story. I respect you. Ms. Bama is way off base in her post.

Whoa... this is getting deep very fast, yes.. I have opinions Ski... but have learned it doesn't always pay for me to whip them out and beat someone over the head with them... makes me look kinda foolish in the end even if I'm right (or think I am).

I will chime in on adoption however... that is one of my passions. I have heard it said for years there are all these "unwanted children"... and I ask "where???" Last I checked the average wait to adopt a healthy white infant was over 10 yrs. for "a chance"... with no guarantees! From my experience there are tons of families who would love to adopt... but the red tape, and the cost's are all roadblocks that hinder the process. I know a family in NC that paid over 25K to adopt a Russian girl... nothing against that, but we both know there are plenty of kids in our own back yard that need families. Why didn't they go there? It would probably cost even more... and they didn't have the time to wait as long as this slow machine works. I just think it's a shame that the link between needy kids and waiting families can't be connected better.... that's my opinion for what it's worth! Take care ya'll! wink.gif

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 4

Wow, that's quite a statement to make.

The birth of unplanned children that live on this continent in terrible conditions is the plan of our Father with a certain purpose? What purpose would that be Bama?

skitealwedrop, No disrespect taken. You have to understand that we humans tend to absorb a lot of the secular ways of man. They have trouble accepting the true meaning behind God's teachings that He conveys to us.

We are now stepping away from the original topic but let me just answer your question with simplicity. First I have to agree wholeheartedly with Bama. No birth is unplanned, again that is man's way of seeing it. All children that are created are part of Gods plans. How they were conceived into this world doesn't make any differences. They are here and its our role to guide them toward our loving Father. Unfortunately society have embedded the phrase "unplanned" into minds, only because of their human flesh desires.

You say that pro-creation is out of control globally, well I have to disagree with you. With that being said my answer to this would be is the "family unit is broken" and that is what is out of control globally. We have dead beat fathers' and mother's that don't want to accept the responsibility of raising a child.

Another demonic weakness of humanity.

The answer to the topic. So many have hit nail on the head with their response. It's the action that is condemned, not the person. God loves us all.

• Upvote 5

Chime in Rod. I know your story. I respect you. Ms. Bama is way off base in her post.

Are you kidding me... I know Rods story and I have utmost respect for him, don't even make it out to me not believing in adoption and so forth. I was stating my belief that all children are born by design NOT ACCIDENT... You are way off base Ms. Ski, do not try to twist my words again!

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I care about people, their well being and eternity. Sin needs to be identified for what it is, to some more than others, and to share what Jesus Christ says about it is more important than what I think about it. The wrong "sexual preference" is just another form of, or way to sin.

It is sick for one thing, homosexuality is gross and in our face daily. It is a blatant disregard for and mocking of God and His perfect design.

The agenda has weaseled its way into our children's schools & universities, on the internet, on TV, in politics, mocking God, in our face daily, pushing and spreading the lie, to family and friends, seducing & recruiting because adam and steve, nor eve and betsy can reproduce to grow this group. It is destroying peoples lives, and some of them are my friends. I have friends that have come out of that "deep dark pit" and that is how they described it.

need I continue?

Thanks sportfisher for your post and for your response to others.

• Upvote 2

Whoa... this is getting deep very fast, yes.. I have opinions Ski... but have learned it doesn't always pay for me to whip them out and beat someone over the head with them... makes me look kinda foolish in the end even if I'm right (or think I am).

I will chime in on adoption however... that is one of my passions. I have heard it said for years there are all these "unwanted children"... and I ask "where???" Last I checked the average wait to adopt a healthy white infant was over 10 yrs. for "a chance"... with no guarantees! From my experience there are tons of families who would love to adopt... but the red tape, and the cost's are all roadblocks that hinder the process. I know a family in NC that paid over 25K to adopt a Russian girl... nothing against that, but we both know there are plenty of kids in our own back yard that need families. Why didn't they go there? It would probably cost even more... and they didn't have the time to wait as long as this slow machine works. I just think it's a shame that the link between needy kids and waiting families can't be connected better.... that's my opinion for what it's worth! Take care ya'll! wink.gif

Thanks for being honest Rod. Your post is respectful. I try to stay out of the fray on this site, though this thread sparked a nerve with me. I love kids and will always be their advocate.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

A blanket statement that ms bama is way off base in her post is easy to make skitealwedrop. Care to expoiund on it. I can say that I've read some of your post in the past and you have a very worldly view of life and God to put it bluntly. First of all God states in his word " before I formed thee in the womb of your mother I knew thee" notice it says before I formed thee. Nothing catches God off guard. Now when you make blanket statements as you have here and in the past I'll have you know that they don't go unoticed. As a matter of fact I can say that your attitude is clear to me that you base God's character off of what man does. God's word also states that all of creation groans, it groans because when sin entered in it affected all of creation. The grass isn't as beautiful as it could be, the sky isn't as beautiful as it could be and I can go on and on.

Broaden your horizons and start looking at God as he states in his word, God is love. Genesis 6:6 God tells us that he had repented at creating man. Was he upset with man, NO, he was grieving for man because he knew the hardships man and creation was going to have to endure because of Adam and Eves decision to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Unconditional love, when we can grasp that and press in to really get to know God instead of basing who and what he is because of what man has done then we will begin to understand him. Press in sister and seek him.

• Upvote 3

Let me start by saying I have three children...one is adopted...and I have four grandkids...my point being I am NOT arguing your point, Bama. I absolutely agree with you about no child being born my mistake or accident. What I'd like to state is that sometimes when I listen to the news (watch it on TV, whatever), I wonder about the children who are tossed in dumpsters, locked up in closets and starved, abused by predators, etc., etc. Those types of incidents make it tough to reconcile God's Word about "purpose." I know "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.," but it still can be tough to wrap one's head around it...

• Upvote 2

Let me start by saying I have three children...one is adopted...and I have four grandkids...my point being I am NOT arguing your point, Bama. I absolutely agree with you about no child being born my mistake or accident. What I'd like to state is that sometimes when I listen to the news (watch it on TV, whatever), I wonder about the children who are tossed in dumpsters, locked up in closets and starved, abused by predators, etc., etc. Those types of incidents make it tough to reconcile God's Word about "purpose." I know "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.," but it still can be tough to wrap one's head around it...

I totally agree with you, but remember, we live in a fallen world, imperfect and strayed from it's original purpose. In a perfect world kids would hold great value like the treasures they are. In a tainted world all kinds of despicable things, neglect and abuse happen to kids... some of em "us" when we were young. sad.gif

From a Biblical view... this is not our home, and we are just passing through... so in reality we are behind enemy lines so to speak... this helps me cope with the realities I see. It wasn't the way God intended them, and it's not how things will eventually end up... but it is the harsh reality that we live in for now. The only bright spot is what each one of us can make by letting our inner light shine, hopefully, with enough of them shining together it will begin to make a difference. If not, we know that we have done what we could do... that, imo, is known as integrity. Our true hope lies in the things that are to come. Nuff rambing for now... take care ya'll! wink.gifpeace.gif

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 7

The world is a cruel place and the truth is some people just wanna watch it burn.dry.gif

I for one have a cousin Christopher that lives in San fransico that is *** but he is a good person and very nice to everyone he meets. I dont agree with his lifestyle but i respect him as a person. I am not of the belief they are born *** because that would be saying God created Adam and Adam or Eve and Eve and thats not the case. I do believe however something goes wrong with them through out growing up and wel its leads them to start maybe be attracted to the same sex but being born that way is just rediculous imho.

Are you kidding me... I know Rods story and I have utmost respect for him, don't even make it out to me not believing in adoption and so forth. I was stating my belief that all children are born by design NOT ACCIDENT... You are way off base Ms. Ski, do not try to twist my words again!

Yes, God has a purpose for each one of us when we are born on this earth but its up to us to find that connection and path within oursleves to serve his purpose, not our own. Its very hard to do so... when we live in a world of sin and controlled by it as well. I too have to wonder why babies are born deformed or die of cancer so young it makes me wonder is that what God intended? i dunno the answer myself but it makes me wonder i do have questions for him.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2

I totally agree with you, but remember, we live in a fallen world, imperfect and strayed from it's original purpose. In a perfect world kids would hold great value like the treasures they are. In a tainted world all kinds of despicable things, neglect and abuse happen to kids... some of em "us" when we were young. sad.gif

From a Biblical view... this is not our home, and we are just passing through... so in reality we are behind enemy lines so to speak... this helps me cope with the realities I see. It wasn't the way God intended them, and it's not how things will eventually end up... but it is the harsh reality that we live in for now. The only bright spot is what each one of us can make by letting our inner light shine, hopefully, with enough of them shining together it will begin to make a difference. If not, we know that we have done what we could do... that, imo, is known as integrity. Our true hope lies in the things that are to come. Nuff rambing for now... take care ya'll! wink.gifpeace.gif

Thanks for your post Rod. I read between your lines. Thank you for being the kind soul and caring parent that you are. I respect you and the parents/grandparents on this site that take their responsibility seriously.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Thanks for your post Rod. I read between your lines. Thank you for being the kind soul and caring parent that you are. I respect you and the parents/grandparents on this site that take their responsibility seriously.

Thanks dear! I honestly don't know why someone would take away a plus I gave ya Ski... some folks are just so "into the red I guess"!!! emot-shakehead.gif

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 2

Thanks dear! I honestly don't know why someone would take away a plus I gave ya Ski... some folks are just so "into the red I guess"!!! emot-shakehead.gif

RonandStaff, I gave Ski back her plus +1. I like red but definitely not neg red. ;) No need for neg's we are all here to voice our opinions. Ski makes valid points in regards to the children. I for one will also come to the defense of the children... including the unborn.

• Upvote 4