Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Needing some prayer help...if this offends you don't read it.

desimo

I would like to ask for a prayer request. I do not know if this is the right place but I really do not care anymore. I am at my limit. There has been too much going down lately. A couple of weeks ago I got scammed to the tune of about 1900.00. I have been battling the IRS over a bill I do not owe. My daughter has been a self righteous prima-donna who thinks so little of my wife that she dumped her in the garbage of her facebook with the others so she just has those ‘whom she cared to have a conversation with’. She does not care enough of me seeing the grandkids to come to visit us but only has things where my ex wife is also attending. Now that she has made it clear where we all stand I really have difficulty even caring to see my daughter even if she is holding the grandkids emotional hostage. I try to tell her how I do not care to be around my ex but she does not listen. She is so much like her mother that she does not see if and when she might be in the wrong. I cannot handle the stress. I have multiple physical things going on at once. Intense emotional stress creates intense physical issues and pain. I want this to roll so we can just leave the drama. I really see no reason to try praying myself because I have tried that for years and it seems that the Boss is not listening in my direction any more. People like my daughter’s, and ex’s church, have made it to where I barely even care to talk to ‘Christians’ because of their nastiness all done in the name of self righteousness. I cannot take much more and need someone to maybe have a chat with the Boss and ask Him to cut me some slack. Thank you

• Upvote 5

I cannot take much more and need someone to maybe have a chat with the Boss and ask Him to cut me some slack. Thank you

I can't honestly say "I've got it together myself" desimo... but I do know that when we help by standing in the gap for one another it does lighten the load. You sound like you have your plate full! Hang in there, ride the storm out... it will work out somehow. I'll be praying for ya too!

• Upvote 1

Desimo, If we could survey Christians, I think we would find that at one time or another, we have all felt that God is not listening or He is very far away from us. When these times of feeling forsaken come or we feel our "backs are against the wall" and no where else to go; that is when we must seek His face and cry out to Him even more...Please don't think I'm preaching, because I am not.

Look up..God is in control...He has a design and a purpose for you and your life...He does know your situation...He knows what you need and He will protect you and guide you....Lay it all at His feet and tell Him how you feel just like you have with us....He "will" see you thru and remember that He hasn't left and He still hears, Let Him take control.

God bless you and I pray for your relief and worry over the $1900.00 scam..and I pray for peace and harmony with your family....Mainly, I pray that your burdened heart and that you may find the peace that can only be found in the saving grace of our LORD Jesus Christ......God be with you...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hang in there brother!

I am not sure if I even have that line of communication open with the Boss anymore either but I will try one more time and pray for you! smile.gifsmile.gif

Bumper, that line is still open....I too, have made numerous calls lately and the line seemed to be busy....I just got off the line a minute ago and that line is open and now working again...God bless

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Desimo, I can only imagine going through your situation, I've been going through tough time too, we should all just pray for each other because I know there are many of us that need some peace in our lives, hang in there desimo sooner or later we'll come out on top, I'll pray for you and all the others that need it.

• Upvote 1

Hey alll of you hang in there its coming.... Desimo i will pray for you and many others tough times are indeed upon us but we must wait this puppy out the blessing is coming i truly believe it. Most important thing we have to be aware of is NOT lose the ones we love and care about because no amount of money can replace them. Money sure does make life alot easier though.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1

Hey Desimo with all my heart I am praying for you my friend (and the rest of my unique DV family)... my grandpa's friend got scammed just yesterday from some fake company oversea's, they took $159 out of his account 11 times... the bank is gonna return his money within 14 days. If your situation is similar you can contact your states attorney general's office, they may be of some help to you.... You are now in alot of prayers so have faith and it will get better.... Hugs to you, Renee

• Upvote 1

Desimo, I can't speak for your situation, but I can tell you a few times in my younger life, I have been broken, feeling like a failure, without hope. Lost enough to get down on my knees and beg for Gods Love, Merc,y and Strength. See a very wise person told me. God feels your broken heart, he hears your cries and he knows until you reach that point that you need him and absolutely noone else, is the time he does his most wonderous work. I pray God hears your prayers. I pray he gives your daughter and ex-wife the vision of true Christianity and Utmost, I pray your family learns forgiveness.

• Upvote 1

Desimo, take heart, you're not alone. Many of us are going through battlefields. It can be tough and I totally understand your disappointment in prayer/meditation and getting nothing back but silence and the same day-to-day B.S. I've been there for years now other than a rare 'glimmer' of spiritual reassurance from some benevolent 'divine' source. Most of the time it's just day to day work and survival.

There are a few words that might ease your pain. First, don't beat yourself down over the 1900.00. I lost over 10-fold that to a white collar criminal while grieving the loss of my parent. I trusted a friend, and the dirtbag went through them to get all funds. End result: additional grief, attorney $fees$, and a worthless civil judgment. Long story. Career criminals are everywhere, and it seems to be getting worse in the good ol' U.S. of A. There are times when it pisses me off, but there's not much you can do other than move on, you have to. Second, the IRS. You might want to speak to a ::groan:: lawyer. Most towns have a "lawyer referral service" via the yellow pages where you can get the name and number of a LOW cost or NO cost attorney for legal advice. Meet and summarize the situation, ask what he/she thinks. I wouldn't bother with retainers, or getting into billing arrangements, it becomes a money pit (past experience). If it turns out you owe the IRS, be candid and honest with them and offer small monthly installments. Most people will work with you and with this economy, any payment is a plus.

The Ex. and the kid. It's a sad situation, but you can't control those jokers dude, they choose their path. Someone once told me "I can't do anything about my reputation, but I can do everything about my character." Try to avoid conflict and bullcrap with people that will leverage your anger and actions to their benefit in some way to character assassinate. Deflecting and non-involvement is sometimes best, but I realize it can be nearly impossible with relatives (I don't even deal with mine anymore). :lol: Some people in the world are a pleasure and joy to interact with, others are human feces and any involvement creates a stinking mess. Limit dealings with the latter. All you can do is live your life, try to maintain what peace you can, and be with those who care and radiate those positive frequencies of love.

Ok, enough philosophy, hope things get better. Sending out kind thoughts to the universe on your behalf. Peace! ;)

• Upvote 1

So So sad for your troubles and please know prayers are coming your way.

There was a time in my life when I just didn't think I could take any more challenges and guess what! another one came.sad.gif Then one day my dad put his arm around me and said, "honey.... you do know that God will never give you more then you can handle" and then shortly after that I went outside my house,looked up, and said BRING IT ON!!! as loud as I could. Give it a try, you may feel a bit better but your neighbors may think your crazywacko.gif

Please hang in there and know we are all here for you,emot-hug.gif

Carla

• Upvote 1

Desimo, It's okay to cry, it helps you heal. God does have your back and He loves you more than you know. learning all I can response was so well stated. It touched me deeply. Thanks, learning all I can.

My husband will be heading into Afghanistan in a week and I am also carrying a heavy load. I also know that God is in control of my/our plans and He is the one I go to no matter how bleak the situation is.

The DV family are my blessings in disguise and am thankful that God led me in this direction to show me so many loving, caring and praying friends.;)

Tons of peaceful prayers and hugs to you Desimo :hug:

• Upvote 1

I have also gone thru some emotional things.I will pray for you to just give this to the lord.You can not carry this yourself.I hate fb and I am going to pray that your daughter will realize that honoring thy parents is a true commandment.god bless

• Upvote 1

I for one would take this site ,copy and past... then send it to her . then after she complains ..and she will ...about your choise of were to get comfort and advice from, this might help you

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed

he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.

For each scene he noticed two sets of

footprints in the sand: one belonging

to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,

he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of

his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very

lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he

questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow

you, you'd walk with me all the way.

But I have noticed that during the most

troublesome times in my life,

there is only one set of footprints.

I don't understand why when

I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,

I love you and I would never leave you.

During your times of trial and suffering,

when you see only one set of footprints,

it was then that I carried you."

:peace::peace::peace::peace::peace::moon-from-car::peace::peace::peace::peace:

and GO ...RV

Edited by jaman
  • Upvote 1

Bumper, that line is still open....I too, have made numerous calls lately and the line seemed to be busy....I just got off the line a minute ago and that line is open and now working again...God bless

Thank You! smile.gif

Desimo, I hope you are feeling the love from your DV brother and sisters! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

This is why I LOVE this site!

• Upvote 1

Desimo i am praying right now that Jesus will put a hedge around you. Satan has brought fire upon you to try to win you back from God. Jesus said there wiull be times when ones worst enemy will be his own family and satan is coming down hard. God said he would not put more on us than we could stand. First pray for forgiveness this is for everyone, then pray that he will open his ear to your pray and give you comfort from the storm......Then say to satan get behind me in the name of Jesus i pray Amen, if you will say this faithfully he will flee from you at the envoking of Jesus name. Doesn't mean he won't return sometime later but remember that and say it over and over till he leaves......Father in heaven we knew that you are the creator of all things and lord we ask you on behave of our brothers and sisters with burdens to heavy to bare that you will look upon them and lighten their load, lord you said that if we laid our burdens at your feet they will become yours. I ask you father to put a hedge around Desimo to comfort him in his time of need and let him know that he is not fighting this alone. Lord i pray that you will make satan flee from him and give him peace in the sweet glorious name of jesus we give you thanks. AMEN

• Upvote 2

Desimo i am praying right now that Jesus will put a hedge around you. Satan has brought fire upon you to try to win you back from God. Jesus said there wiull be times when ones worst enemy will be his own family and satan is coming down hard. God said he would not put more on us than we could stand. First pray for forgiveness this is for everyone, then pray that he will open his ear to your pray and give you comfort from the storm......Then say to satan get behind me in the name of Jesus i pray Amen, if you will say this faithfully he will flee from you at the envoking of Jesus name. Doesn't mean he won't return sometime later but remember that and say it over and over till he leaves......Father in heaven we knew that you are the creator of all things and lord we ask you on behave of our brothers and sisters with burdens to heavy to bare that you will look upon them and lighten their load, lord you said that if we laid our burdens at your feet they will become yours. I ask you father to put a hedge around Desimo to comfort him in his time of need and let him know that he is not fighting this alone. Lord i pray that you will make satan flee from him and give him peace in the sweet glorious name of jesus we give you thanks. AMEN

AMEN......:)

• Upvote 1

Desimo, you are in a place where most of us have been, sometimes more than once in our lives, and some of us are still there. It is hard, really hard, to keep the faith when every day besides the same old same old, you have to deal with the new crap coming down the pike. There are times when prayers seems the farthest thing from a constructive course because no matter how much you pray, no matter how often or for how long you hit your knees and bow your head and try to face the dispair, it just doesn't change a darned thing! So why bother? Why try? Why keep looking for something to change when you know there is no hope that it will?

In your situation you must feel totally abandonned by God. Boy, have I been there.And even today I still find I have times when I feel so disheartened that I don't feel anything at all. Just rage, if I were to allow it out. But even the rage isn't worth feeling. It won't change anything. Right? Yeah, I know. Two and a half years ago I lost my husband. I didn't even know that day that he had taken the plane up. Usually he called me and asked if I wanted to go with him and I usually went. When the RCMP told me that I should prepare for the worst I wished so strongly that I had been with him that day. By the end of the day, being told that search and rescue would stay on the mountain side with his body throughout the night so that he wouldn't be alone waiting for retrieval the next day, I was tied up in feelings of uselessness and realizing that life was not worth living and there was no God. Oh yeah. I have been there. And frequently face the same demons of dissappointment in God on an almost daily basis. I still have days when I cannot face the sunlight or my neighbours or even open the door.

Recently I responded to a forum member who was so down and out he just didn't know where to turn. He asked for any help we could give him. I did give him money, as well as a couple of others here. He is no longer a member, being banned for asking for financial help. I understand that. I also posted a message asking for any information I could give him about job availability, anywhere, he was so desperate for income. Being a Vietnam vet, he was, I thought, entitled to some relief from that situation, but there was none. I was wrong. But I stayed by his side in terms of daily emails and months have passed and he had reached the point of taking everything he could lay his hands on to the flea markets trying to make some money. He was at the breaking point when he realized he had to try to sell his leather working tools. Creating beautiful things is a part of his life he cannot fulfill now and letting the tools go just ended the hope he had that things would change for him. He had given up on prayer. He had given up on hearing back from the VA or social security or any of the dozens of places he applied for work. Then, when things were at the point of breaking, and I was so worried about him and his wife, he got a call back on a job he does not remember applying for. A furniture restoration place has taken him on as a wood carver, matching table legs and chair arms and things like that for the restoration process. He is now feeling much better. He did not solve all his problems overnight, but he feels needed for his abilities which is the greatest thing that could happen to him. He has a chance to make the money needed to pay his bills and get even, we hope. And he has, within that job, the opportunity daily to create more beautiful things. That will be a major mood booster for him, and for his wife.

Some would say God works in mysterious ways. Okay maybe it was God, My mother told me when I was a child refusing to pray because God gave me a baby sister instead of a new red CCM two-wheeler with basket and handlebar streamers. She told me that God never ignores prayer, which I felt he was doing to me. She said He will not give anything you are not ready for, or is not good for you. She also said that He will come through when the time is right ... His time and ours. That seems to be what happened to my friend. I would not want to risk losing God's good intentions by saying it was not God who brought this to my friend.

I think you have done exactly the right thing here. You have admitted to losing faith in prayer, and asked others to pray for you. You feel God isn't listening to you, but maybe He will listen to someone else praying on your behalf. Were I you I would expect some change to result from our prayers, but not to expect the situation with the ex to change. It may be her destiny to be as she is. It may be your destiny to learn to let it slide off, like water off the duck's back. Every time you let it get to you, she wins. You can stop that by not letting it get to you. Don't be so upset that you don't get to see you grandkids as you want. Be grateful you have grandkids. I don't even have that comfort to fall back on. And believe me, as things are happening here, I am feeling that lack very deeply.

Take care of yourself and sorry to "yack your ear off" ... just trying to let you know you are not alone and you can be happy, perhaps by adjusting your expectations of God and letting Him do His thing in His way without it getting you down. There is light at the end of the tunnel, but when it gets close move out of the way in case it is a train.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

Desimo,

We both have been on here a long time, and have had several good conversations both in chats and on forum, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Just keep the faith brother, we have all been in your shoes at one time or another. You and your situation will be in my prayers tonight. Rich

desimo - above all I am so thankful you’ve got God – even when we don’t feel like we do or have him or his support.

What you are shouldering is horrific – and we are human. It is natural to feel angry, depressed, resigned, sad, but most of all ideally we should be hopeful. I don’t understand God and what he does – and why he allows things to happen in the way that they do – there are so many days that I just don’t get God. Yet I cling to him knowing that if I didn’t have him in times like this, I would be so lost I would never find my way back to dry land.

One of my favorite songs urges, “…Leave to thy God to order and provide, in every change, He faithful will remain; be still my soul, thy best, thy heavenly friend, through stormy ways leads to a joyful end; Oh be still my soul, the waves and wind still know, still know…His voice who ruled them while He dwelt below…..” I don’t think I’ve ever been able to get through that last line without tears.

God knows. God knows you. God knows what you’re going through. There’s purpose in every grace-filled breath you take—and storms will give way to a joyful end and a changed heart—one more saturated with faith in the One who proved you are absolutely priceless.

I will pray for you.