Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I GOT MY WARKA BANK INTEREST

MANNY99

just thought I'd stick this in here for anyone who is interested ..... China is somewhere to think of parking some money for a while ......

or check this out ...17% on a 3 year deposit account !!!

it's a three year Structured Deposit Plan linked to the performance of the FTSE 100 Index

http://www.fairinves...CFW1ItAodDEaKxA

• Upvote 1

Exactly. It doesn't matter if you get 100% interest if you can't access it.

I disagree, as we are waiting for movement on the IQD Warka account holders receive interest. The money isn't over there as a draw down account so it stays until the time arrives. I dont need or want to withdraw it. So it doesn't really matter that we may have difficulty in withdrawing now as it isn't relevant now, only later.

The interest does make a significant difference especially as it compounds over time. So when the eventual RV( whatever it comes out at) comes, it multiplies the gain even further.

The Iraq Govt will not let Warka slide. Its too important to Iraq in growing the private sector and would send the wrong signals to overseas investors.

So we wait it out.

I also believe that any RV increase in the IQD will benefit Warka significantly.

Doesn't bother me if Warka limit withdrawal amounts later after a RV . It is a sensible measure to stop a drain on deposits and protect everyone.

Its just patience and Faith :)

• Upvote 9

just thought I'd stick this in here for anyone who is interested ..... China is somewhere to think of parking some money for a while ......

it's a three year Structured Deposit Plan linked to the performance of the FTSE 100 Index

sounds good but I don't like this part "If, at maturity, the Final Index Level is equal to or lower than the Initial Index Level, you will not receive an investment return but your original capital will be repaid."

sounds good but I don't like this part "If, at maturity, the Final Index Level is equal to or lower than the Initial Index Level, you will not receive an investment return but your original capital will be repaid."

yeah well the return is market dependant because its linked to the FTSE100 ...... but your capital is secure & protected, so whats the worst that could happen .... you get back what you paid in.

I actually came across this this morning so I havent had a chance to properly look into it but looks good on the surface.

yeah well the return is market dependant because its linked to the FTSE100 ...... but your capital is secure & protected, so whats the worst that could happen .... you get back what you paid in.

I actually came across this this morning so I havent had a chance to properly look into it but looks good on the surface.

I agree with you that you don't lose nothing but wouldn't your money be locked up for 3 years? What happens if you need it? It's almost like letting someone hold your money and you're not even guaranteed to make any profit or can't even get it back before then. I'm not trying to bash it but it does sound pretty good probably won't do it though. :)

I agree with you that you don't lose nothing but wouldn't your money be locked up for 3 years? What happens if you need it? It's almost like letting someone hold your money and you're not even guaranteed to make any profit or can't even get it back before then. I'm not trying to bash it but it does sound pretty good probably won't do it though. smile.gif

That is the essence of an investment !! .... but in this case your guarenteed your capital back regardless

I wont be diong it either the closing date for opening the account was last week ... :(

• Upvote 1

dry.gif Machine, if you are looking for someone who will hold your money for 3 years, and not provide you interest, etc. and will promiss to give it back to you in full I might be interested in assisting you. :D

Before I lock up funds for 3 years and not get any benefit, but the other guy has use of it for investing etc. I will put it in a box and bury it. At least I wont have to wait 3 years to go dig it up and use it. ;)

In regards to Warka...I will leave my funds there and tickled to see the interest added. I may not have access to it now, but hopefully will in the end. This was a chance I chose to take. An investment that I felt was worth diversifying into. If it comes out ok then it is great for me. :lol: But most of all, the fact that they have chose to add interest I think is interesting as to where this investment is going. Isn't it interesting that it appears we are closer to an RV, based on what all is going on in GOI, and now they come up with interest on the accounts. I wonder if they know something that we don't... I hope so.

Thanks everyone. It has been an interesting read.

dry.gif Machine, if you are looking for someone who will hold your money for 3 years, and not provide you interest, etc. and will promiss to give it back to you in full I might be interested in assisting you. :D

Before I lock up funds for 3 years and not get any benefit, but the other guy has use of it for investing etc. I will put it in a box and bury it. At least I wont have to wait 3 years to go dig it up and use it. ;)

In regards to Warka...I will leave my funds there and tickled to see the interest added. I may not have access to it now, but hopefully will in the end. This was a chance I chose to take. An investment that I felt was worth diversifying into. If it comes out ok then it is great for me. :lol: But most of all, the fact that they have chose to add interest I think is interesting as to where this investment is going. Isn't it interesting that it appears we are closer to an RV, based on what all is going on in GOI, and now they come up with interest on the accounts. I wonder if they know something that we don't... I hope so.

Thanks everyone. It has been an interesting read.

FYI: The interest paid is part of the banking software that is used. They could set it at 100% per month if they wanted and the accounts would reflect that. Doesn't mean the money is necessarily there... It is all virtual until Warka starts paying out their customers.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I disagree, as we are waiting for movement on the IQD Warka account holders receive interest. The money isn't over there as a draw down account so it stays until the time arrives. I dont need or want to withdraw it. So it doesn't really matter that we may have difficulty in withdrawing now as it isn't relevant now, only later.

The interest does make a significant difference especially as it compounds over time. So when the eventual RV( whatever it comes out at) comes, it multiplies the gain even further.

The Iraq Govt will not let Warka slide. Its too important to Iraq in growing the private sector and would send the wrong signals to overseas investors.

So we wait it out.

I also believe that any RV increase in the IQD will benefit Warka significantly.

Doesn't bother me if Warka limit withdrawal amounts later after a RV . It is a sensible measure to stop a drain on deposits and protect everyone.

i totally agree!! woot woo I LOVE MY INTEREST..WOW

• Upvote 1

FYI: The interest paid is part of the banking software that is used. They could set it at 100% per month if they wanted and the accounts would reflect that. Doesn't mean the money is necessarily there... It is all virtual until Warka starts paying out their customers.

That was my point. Warka is riskier than holding paper IQD as long as they're in receivership. I'd like to know how many Warka customers have successfully withdrawn any funds from their accounts?

That was my point. Warka is riskier than holding paper IQD as long as they're in receivership. I'd like to know how many Warka customers have successfully withdrawn any funds from their accounts?

I believe the term the CBI uses is guardianship rather than receivership. The CBI has stepped in to protect the bank ( as in a guardian) not to liquidate it. They have never said that they were going to break it up, sell or otherwise deal with it negatively. They have only mentioned paying small depositors.

I have said this before - that Iraq would be very foolish to let Warka slide. It is a valuable asset to Iraq and its growth agenda. This is why we see the guardianship move by the CBI.

I would not describe the CBI as receivers as we know it. This is a powerful govt department looking after a strategic asset not their own - think about it

If I were to be given a choice right now I would keep my money in Warka and not in IQD cash, especially outside of Iraq. There are a lot of dangers in holding cash outside of Iraq especially if a relatively volatile currency shift occurs.

I have made good money with interest. I started off with cash and switched to Warka. Much easier to manage, plus I make money while waiting instead of loosing it.

I know of someone withdrawing about 3 months ago.

• Upvote 3

Was a good thought but I think it's closed. ISA transfer deadline: 22nd June 2012

I believe the term the CBI uses is guardianship rather than receivership. The CBI has stepped in to protect the bank ( as in a guardian) not to liquidate it. They have never said that they were going to break it up, sell or otherwise deal with it negatively. They have only mentioned paying small depositors.

I have said this before - that Iraq would be very foolish to let Warka slide. It is a valuable asset to Iraq and its growth agenda. This is why we see the guardianship move by the CBI.

I would not describe the CBI as receivers as we know it. This is a powerful govt department looking after a strategic asset not their own - think about it

If I were to be given a choice right now I would keep my money in Warka and not in IQD cash, especially outside of Iraq. There are a lot of dangers in holding cash outside of Iraq especially if a relatively volatile currency shift occurs.

I have made good money with interest. I started off with cash and switched to Warka. Much easier to manage, plus I make money while waiting instead of loosing it.

Good life, couldn't agree more. This whole investment has risk associated with it but at least part of my holdings continue to grow at a nice interest rate. Not sure why some feel the need to remind us that Warka is in "guardianship" every chance they get.

Great post, thanks!

So we wait it out.

I totally agree with your post . Thanks !!

• Upvote 1

I totally agree.