Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I GOT MY WARKA BANK INTEREST

MANNY99

I believe the term the CBI uses is guardianship rather than receivership. The CBI has stepped in to protect the bank ( as in a guardian) not to liquidate it. They have never said that they were going to break it up, sell or otherwise deal with it negatively. They have only mentioned paying small depositors.

I have said this before - that Iraq would be very foolish to let Warka slide. It is a valuable asset to Iraq and its growth agenda. This is why we see the guardianship move by the CBI.

I would not describe the CBI as receivers as we know it. This is a powerful govt department looking after a strategic asset not their own - think about it

If I were to be given a choice right now I would keep my money in Warka and not in IQD cash, especially outside of Iraq. There are a lot of dangers in holding cash outside of Iraq especially if a relatively volatile currency shift occurs.

I have made good money with interest. I started off with cash and switched to Warka. Much easier to manage, plus I make money while waiting instead of loosing it.

I know of someone withdrawing about 3 months ago.

potato potahto tomato tomahto ..... let us know when you successfully withdraw some of your money

I would think that anybody considering putting their money into Warka would consider it their business if other Warka customers will ever be able to get their money back. Especially when we hear gurus talking up Warka on these forums.

Here's a great site that will keep you up to speed as to when Warka will begin normal operating procedures, http://www.warka-bank.com/., you can also get all the personal information you desire from the CBI site as well.

Best of luck

• Upvote 1

doctor robbins, I sold a couple of stocks in the ISX and moved money from my Warka account to my Chase account. That was December 4, 2011.

I don't know if that little bit of info helps or not, haven't tried to do anything else with the account. They did credit the interest on it the other day....

I would think that anybody considering putting their money into Warka would consider it their business if other Warka customers will ever be able to get their money back. Especially when we hear gurus talking up Warka on these forums.

doctor robbins:

I don’t want to start a fight or debate, because that’s not my thing. I am simply looking for information.

I am curious as to why you believe that holding physical dinar is less risky than electronic dinar in Warka, or for that matter, electronic dinar in any other bank or entity in Iraq.

I don’t think anyone is “talking up Warka”, but rather looking at the available FACTS and making informed judgments that are devoid of emotion or perceived notions.

I have both physical dinar and electronic dinar in Warka.

I believe that the funds in Warka are in no greater jeopardy than holding physical IQD. I also believe, for reasons that have already been posted on this board, that the Warka funds are safer under CBI oversight.

I am comfortable making the common sense and logical argument that Warka funds are actually safer based on published Iraqi banking laws, CBI rules (which they are following) and the need for Iraq to build its banking sector. This all relates to what is going on inside the country of Iraq, which is where Warka is located, and the need for CBI and GOI to jump start their economy. Nearly every news article you see quoting an Iraqi government or CBI official is about the need to get their economy moving.

While my funds in Warka are an investment, those funds, are being used in the Iraqi economy as part of Iraq’s plan and objective to move the country forward. In other words, Warka funds help Iraq. The account holders receive interest for the use of their money and Warka, now under the watchful eye of the CBI, puts that money into the Iraqi economy.

There is every reason in the world for the CBI and GOI to protect depositor funds as they want more depositors putting money in so that that money can find its way into their economy. Why shaft current depositors when doing so would stop new depositors from sending money they want?

My problem is that I can’t find arguments that are similar to the Warka argument with respect to the holders of physical dinar helping the Iraqi economy. This is where I need your help.

I am not an Iraqi citizen and I don’t live in Iraq, as is the case with most here. We are primarily foreigners living outside of Iraq with no intention of ever participating in the Iraqi economy, not even remotely. We are merely investors looking for a wind fall. We are in this for ourselves and only for ourselves. As I see it, our presence provides no future benefit to Iraq. So why should they protect us as holders of physical dinar.

If there ever is a cash in, we will not spend one red dinar in the Iraqi economy and the CBI and GOI knows that. Thus, I don’t think that we are a CBI priority because we can’t (or wont) help them do what they need to do with their economy. I see no motivation for them to protect physical dinar holders outside the country in any way.

This is why I believe that money in county that is helping Iraqi do what they want to do is safer, or will be better protected, than money outside the country that will not help Iraq do what they want to do.

I am aware of the international norm that countries recognize their own currency even when in the hands of foreigners outside the country.

If I had $100,000 in Canadian currency, could I take it to my local bank or currency exchange to exchange it for US dollars or could Canada require that it be returned to Canada for exchange? Canada might well enact a “bring it back to Canada” law if that version of their currency is being replaced and/or they are concerned about money laundering due do an increase in value.

The current version of the dinar is being replaced and the CBI and GOI are concerned about money laundering. They may well require that the dinar exchange be made in Iraq.

I am also aware of the dinar for oil scheme that is supposedly payback for the Iraq War. The Iraq Project that many cite is 10 years old. Is it still the game plan? Does Iraq know that it is still the plan? When was the most recent time someone in authority validate it as the current agenda?

While I can make sense of Warka and feel comfortable based on the expressed needs of Iraq, I can’t make sense of what will likely happen with physical dinar held outside the country as I see no way that it benefits the Iraqi economy.

Many say that when the dinar RVs, we can take it to any bank and cash in. Where is this written? What factual documents show this? Also, it is said that the dinar will be an internationally traded currency. Again, where is this written?

The answer to all of these questions is that it is not written any place. Its merely opinion, some of which is motivated by financial self-interest.

I would appreciate any help you could offer.

Thank you in advance.

• Upvote 3

doctor robbins:

I don’t want to start a fight or debate, because that’s not my thing. I am simply looking for information.

I am curious as to why you believe that holding physical dinar is less risky than electronic dinar in Warka, or for that matter, electronic dinar in any other bank or entity in Iraq.

I don’t think anyone is “talking up Warka”, but rather looking at the available FACTS and making informed judgments that are devoid of emotion or perceived notions.

I believe that the funds in Warka are in no greater jeopardy than holding physical IQD. I also believe, for reasons that have already been posted on this board, that the Warka funds are safer under CBI oversight.

I am comfortable making the common sense and logical argument that Warka funds are actually safer based on published Iraqi banking laws, CBI rules (which they are following) and the need for Iraq to build its banking sector. This all relates to what is going on inside the country of Iraq, which is where Warka is located, and the need for CBI and GOI to jump start their economy. Nearly every news article you see quoting an Iraqi government or CBI official is about the need to get their economy moving.

While my funds in Warka are an investment, those funds, are being used in the Iraqi economy as part of Iraq’s plan and objective to move the country forward. In other words, Warka funds help Iraq. The account holders receive interest for the use of their money and Warka, now under the watchful eye of the CBI, puts that money into the Iraqi economy.

There is every reason in the world for the CBI and GOI to protect depositor funds as they want more depositors putting money in so that that money can find its way into their economy. Why shaft current depositors when doing so would stop new depositors from sending money they want?

My problem is that I can’t find arguments that are similar to the Warka argument with respect to the holders of physical dinar helping the Iraqi economy. This is where I need your help.

I am not an Iraqi citizen and I don’t live in Iraq, as is the case with most here. We are primarily foreigners living outside of Iraq with no intention of ever participating in the Iraqi economy, not even remotely. We are merely investors looking for a wind fall. We are in this for ourselves and only for ourselves. As I see it, our presence provides no future benefit to Iraq. So why should they protect us as holders of physical dinar.

If there ever is a cash in, we will not spend one red dinar in the Iraqi economy and the CBI and GOI knows that. Thus, I don’t think that we are a CBI priority because we can’t (or wont) help them do what they need to do with their economy. I see no motivation for them to protect physical dinar holders outside the country in any way.

This is why I believe that money in county that is helping Iraqi do what they want to do is safer, or will be better protected, than money outside the country that will not help Iraq do what they want to do.

I am aware of the international norm that countries recognize their own currency even when in the hands of foreigners outside the country.

If I had $100,000 in Canadian currency, could I take it to my local bank or currency exchange to exchange it for US dollars or could Canada require that it be returned to Canada for exchange? Canada might well enact a “bring it back to Canada” law if that version of their currency is being replaced and/or they are concerned about money laundering due do an increase in value.

The current version of the dinar is being replaced and the CBI and GOI are concerned about money laundering. They may well require that the dinar exchange be made in Iraq.

I am also aware of the dinar for oil scheme that is supposedly payback for the Iraq War. The Iraq Project that many cite is 10 years old. Is it still the game plan? Does Iraq know that it is still the plan? When was the most recent time someone in authority validate it as the current agenda?

While I can make sense of Warka and feel comfortable based on the expressed needs of Iraq, I can’t make sense of what will likely happen with physical dinar held outside the country as I see no way that it benefits the Iraqi economy.

Many say that when the dinar RVs, we can take it to any bank and cash in. Where is this written? What factual documents show this? Also, it is said that the dinar will be an internationally traded currency. Again, where is this written?

The answer to all of these questions is that it is not written any place. Its merely opinion, some of which is motivated by financial self-interest.

Thank you in advance.

Correct Bristin

It is not in the best interests of Countries to have banks fold. This is historical fact and the Govt usually intervenes if serious enough. Look at what happened to the US banks a few years ago. Investors were protected and I expect the same thing to happen in Iraq.

To the best of my understanding the current IQD was an in Iraq only change over when it was introduced.

All Warka money is in country and should get the respect that it deserves as working IQD for Iraq.

I saw this cash problem a few years ago.

I agree it seems counter intuitive to hold savings in a Iraqi Bank but when analyzed and compared to holding cash it is justifiable.

I expect the CBI to start raising the value at the end of the Iraq holidays in late August in preparation for the planned deletion of the zeros at the start of next year.

They are not going to lop or remove the 3 zeros before increasing value. There is no point in that if they want to add value.

Warka should benefit if this happens.

Its starting to move but I dont think a lot of people see it yet.

doctor robbins:

Thank you in advance.

I'm not referring to any strategy for redenomination or revaluation. I'm just talking about comparitive risks and liquidity. There is no FDIC to protect Americans putting their money into an Iraq bank. If you hold physical dinar you can always sell them on ebay or Craigslist or back to a dinar dealer. While you'll probably take some loss you can at least get most of your money back. If your money is in Warka it's all virtual. You might not be able to get it out. The account might show a growing balance but how liquid is it? Iraq is a very unstable country right now. The government could collapse. Their banks can fail. Corruption is rampant. They are currently in receivership or guardianship, whichever you prefer. Sure, their interest rate is higher, but every experienced investor understands that greater returns are a result of greater risk. If you hold physical dinar for the time being (until they lop) you're only risking part of it. If your dinar is electronic in Warka you're risking all of it.

Warka Bank Victims Facebook Page

Warka Assets Siezed

Warka Under Guardianship

Edited by doctor robbins
  • Upvote 1

That's why I diversify, I'm in the ISX, I hold cash and also a Warka account. I have made more money in this investment than I have in the DOW. The

saying about never invest more than you are willing to loose goes double for this investment no matter where you invest (spend) it. That said, I also

like the saying about the risk to reward factor.

That's why I diversify, I'm in the ISX, I hold cash and also a Warka account. I have made more money in this investment than I have in the DOW. The

saying about never invest more than you are willing to loose goes double for this investment no matter where you invest (spend) it. That said, I also

like the saying about the risk to reward factor.

Diversifing is a good move.