Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RAISE THE ZEROS

6-15-2012 Finance Committee: The plan to raise the zeros will begin early next year. Historic symbols of the Iraqi government and there is no opposition to its position in the currency after you delete the zeros and after the stability of the currency crisis. The replacement of the Iraqi currency was an agreement between the relevant committees (Financial and Economic Committee) and the Central Bank, to replace the currency after deletion of zeros in the beginning of the year (2013) as a result of the escalation of crises, monetary and non-stability of the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar against the U.S. dollar, noting that the parliamentary committees and the central bank are making every effort to overcome the difficulties for the stability of the dinar exchange rate against the dollar. The answer to: the technical and professional matters the powers of the central bank, and will fall on the Finance Committee, legislative and legal issues. http://www.ikhnews.com/news.php?action=view&id=45614

• Upvote 5

6-15-2012 Finance Committee: The plan to raise the zeros will begin early next year. Historic symbols of the Iraqi government and there is no opposition to its position in the currency after you delete the zeros and after the stability of the currency crisis. The replacement of the Iraqi currency was an agreement between the relevant committees (Financial and Economic Committee) and the Central Bank, to replace the currency after deletion of zeros in the beginning of the year (2013) as a result of the escalation of crises, monetary and non-stability of the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar against the U.S. dollar, noting that the parliamentary committees and the central bank are making every effort to overcome the difficulties for the stability of the dinar exchange rate against the dollar. The answer to: the technical and professional matters the powers of the central bank, and will fall on the Finance Committee, legislative and legal issues. http://www.ikhnews.com/news.php?action=view&id=45614

Yup, thats the big word of the day. They want to introduce the new currency after the removing of the zeros. For this alone should be more evidence that they want to raise the value of the dinar PRIOR TO the replacement with new dinar.

• Upvote 8

Yup, thats the big word of the day. They want to introduce the new currency after the removing of the zeros. For this alone should be more evidence that they want to raise the value of the dinar PRIOR TO the replacement with new dinar.

Hopefully to equal the dollar.

When is the million dollar question

Thanks Florida guy

That's how I read it also. Makes me HAPPY! :D

"6-15-2012 Finance Committee: The plan to raise the zeros will begin early next year."

That appears to be an pretty unequivocal statement. But allowing for bad translation and good ol' smoke and mirrors, does it absolutely prevent an RV from happening sooner?

• Upvote 1

Dropping the 000's

I have been giving the dropping of the zeroes some thought.. and wondering how it will play out.

Let’s say you have 1M before dropping the zeroes and the RVin $3

Then 1M Times $3 = $3M

Now let’s look at dropping the zeroes

1M drop Zeroes becomes 1K times $3 equals $3,000.00

Result – no instant millionaire but a triple on theinvestment.

Would be interested inothers thoughts on this.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Thats whats so crazy these days. I have not seen any explaination on what they are even talking about. Zeros from the currency? Or zeros from the exchange rate?

This article appears talking about the zeros on the exchange rate being deleted before the zeros on the physical currency.

Just another article to decipher. BUT nice to keep seeing articles, that means things are being talked about and will be moving forward. Maybe slowly moving, but SO MUCH BETTER than many years of waiting and hearing nothing. What ever is gonna happen is getting CLOSE! biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing another good article.

• Upvote 2

it is obvious to me that they are not talking "exchange rate"...They mean a 1,000 dinar note becomes 1dinar and will be worth $0.86....To do this all they need is to declare a bank hoilday in Iraq....the banks will close on friday ,stay closed till Tuesday when the the new rate is in effect...all accounts will be adjusted for the new dinar ... Mortgages, loans , rent ,food will be adjusted.. a simple divide by 1000... There may be a problem making change of less 1/10 dinar for a while as those small denoms will be in short supply There would be utter confusion if they tried an RV at that time...

Now an interesting fact...Oct.21 is a national holiday (banks are closed) AND Oct 22 is a PLANNED bank holiday.... WHY?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

0.00086 after deleting the zeros = 0.86 ;)

If 1 divided by .00086 equals approximately 1166 dinars,

and if you take three zeroes from the .00086 to get .86,

then you would STILL have to divide the .86 into the dollar, to get:

$1 divided by .86 = 1.16

correct? Maybe I'm not getting it, but I never understood not having to still do the math if you took the 3 zeroes off in this way.

• Upvote 2

CALL ME WHEN ITS OVER......IM TOO OLD TO THINK...IM TO TIRED TO DECIPHER...IM TO BUSY TO READ...AND IM TOO FREAKIN FAR AWAY TO SEE ANYTHING ANYMORE...........................

• Upvote 2

$1 divided by .86 = 1.16

correct? Maybe I'm not getting it, but I never understood not having to still do the math if you took the 3 zeroes off in this way.

Boy, it is nice to see you. You still have the best fritatta in DV land (wait....now I second guessing myself....was it amhvl with the fritatta?) Anyway, nice to see you.

Whats your number? ;)

You are just like your Kamel, Trixie. A big flirt! B)

$1 divided by .86 = 1.16

Yeah it is good to see you. You were gone so long I thought you had Carrello's baby. ;)

• Upvote 1

I dont agree. the term "raise" is being used as "collect or remove" from circulation. they willl have two currencies, which is added m2. They have to "raise" the old currency out AFTER they lop and bring out the new currency.

this is not how i want this to happen. but thats how i read and understand it. i have a bitter taste even writing suchanunderstanding. not what i want to say.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I dont agree. the term "raise" is being used as "collect or remove" from circulation. they willl have two currencies, which is added m2. They have to "raise" the old currency out AFTER they lop and bring out the new currency.

this is not how i want this to happen. but thats how i read and understand it. i have a bitter taste even writing suchanunderstanding. not what i want to say.

You know you are just plain wrong!! The CBI is letting everyone around the world know that they are gonna RV on a massive scale so that we can all buy up as much dinar as possible!!! laugh.gif

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 8

You know you are just plain wrong!! The CBI is letting everyone around the world know that they are gonna RV on a massive scale so that we can all buy up as much dinar as possible!!! laugh.gif

Its just a six-month in advance notice of the biggest currency movement the worlds ever seen. awfully nice of them.

This announcement should make the world nightly news.

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 1

There was an article yesterday (and my sieve like memory can't recall what it was called) musing that the "lifting the zeros" term is for common Iraqi folk. Meaning that if a loaf of bread currently costs 2,000 dinar, after the "zeros are lifted" it will only cost 2 dinar. So the context is local market pricing, not international exchange rates- although it works there too.

There was an article yesterday (and my sieve like memory can't recall what it was called) musing that the "lifting the zeros" term is for common Iraqi folk. Meaning that if a loaf of bread currently costs 2,000 dinar, after the "zeros are lifted" it will only cost 2 dinar. So the context is local market pricing, not international exchange rates- although it works there too.

If they drop the zeros off the currency, it wont matter if the currency is outside the borders or not, its all treated the same.

Its not what we want to happen......

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

What is your opinion Keep?

Well what the CBI is SAYING and what they actually do could be two different things......

I have no doubt in my mind that the CBI is telling the world they are about to RD(lop).....the actions involved and the countries referenced describe a lop to a T....

Doesnt mean they will or that they have to, but thats what they have been announcing for sometime.....

I think that they have other options, and moving the exchange rate to 1000 to 1 is a start.....the only way we will make money off this is if they gradually move the exchange rate up over time and find a way to really pull in dinar from circulation. They did announce they were gonna start selling T-Bonds or something of the sort this summer which would be the first time in 6 or 7 years i think it is.....thats one way to reduce the amount in circulation but of course they will need to sell HUGE amounts of it....

I dont have all the answers but I know there are ways to actually reduce the money supply without lopping and thats what we need to hope for.....

Im of course holding out hoping they find this other road to travel that will be more profitable to us....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Well what the CBI is SAYING and what they actually do could be two different things......

I have no doubt in my mind that the CBI is telling the world they are about to RD(lop).....the actions involved and the countries referenced describe a lop to a T....

Doesnt mean they will or that they have to, but thats what they have been announcing for sometime.....

I think that they have other options, and moving the exchange rate to 1000 to 1 is a start.....the only way we will make money off this is if they gradually move the exchange rate up over time and find a way to really pull in dinar from circulation. They did announce they were gonna start selling T-Bonds or something of the sort this summer which would be the first time in 6 or 7 years i think it is.....thats one way to reduce the amount in circulation but of course they will need to sell HUGE amounts of it....

I dont have all the answers but I know there are ways to actually reduce the money supply without lopping and thats what we need to hope for.....

Im of course holding out hoping they find this other road to travel that will be more profitable to us....

Thanks, man. Let's hope!