Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kim Clement Dinar Prophecy !

the disciples misinterpreted the words of Jesus. If Kim, you or I miss God it doesn't make us false prophets. don't get hung up on legalism, the devils device, who accuses the brethren. God requires mercy. legalism and religion go hand in hand. legalism is one mans way of attempting to control another mans relationship with God. Its easy to take a couple of scripture and throw the rest out. the leaders in Jesus' days on earth were so legalistic they accused the disciples of harvesting on the sabbath. If a shepherd drug his staff and made a furrow in the ground on the sabbath they were accused of breaking ground. God is looking at our heart.

Willy1der, I totally agree with your assessment of "legalism" though you didn't give me a definition you use for "legalism". Certainly it is a controller. But as I understand "legalism", it is the efforts of individuals who trust in their works to save them. So I fail to see its relevance to this situation. That is, of course, that you feel that "testing" the words of a supposed spokesman of God is legalistic. Then the relevance of your statement is directed toward me. And I am assuming that that is what you are doing. If so, then I would encourage you to reexamine you statement and ask yourself, "was I correct in my definition of legalism?"

I also agree with you concerning taking passages out of context and twisting them to suit an individuals purpose. I harp on that constantly with my former and present students of the Bible. Nothing can so quickly distort theology than lifting a passage and making it mean something entirely different that it was intended. I have seen that happen frequently on this forum and others.

I try hard to make sure that what I write is exactly what I mean. Sometimes my literalistic hermeneutic approach frustrates people, because they are use to making the Bible say what they want it to say. Try this simple example: "We two are three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them." Now the question. What is this talking about? If you say worship, then you be responding as you "think" that's what it says. In reality it is speaking of disciplining a person for sinning against another. Check out the passage in context, Matthew 18:15-20. Jesus is telling His disciples that were two or three are witnessing against a brother who will not repent, then He is with them in there decision (cf. Deut 19:15; 2Cor 13:1; 1Tim 5:19; Heb 10:28).

What does this have to do with the question of prophecy and whether a person is a true or false prophet? Or of the "riches" question? Many of the passages used to prove that saints are to be financially blessed today are being used out of their context. Those who want to believe they have a "right" to receive physical wealth jump on the Scriptures that are quoted without considering to whom it was spoken, for what purpose, and was it fulfilled during the days of the speaker. These things must be considered to know what the passage really says and to whom.

The passages related to testing the speaker to see if they are from God, or is their message from God must be observed because there are many false prophets and false teachers in the world. It was so in Jesus' day, and it is so in our day. Be wise who you listen to and whom you believe. Yes, and even this post. No one is exempt from testing. Peace.

• Upvote 2

Barb, Jesus commanded us to make disciples. He also told us to love Him, obey Him and know Him. Matt 22:37- 40.

I suppose you attend church. Seek out the pastor or an elder and ask about a discipleship program. Don't worry about the Catholics and what they believe. You'll have plenty of differing doctrines amongst the Protest-ants. God's will reveal His truths to you over time. Don't be anxious to understand so quickly. It will come to you. I get the feeling that you see God as being complicated and difficult to understand. I just want to assure you that you're fine.

Markinsa, I know her question was for you. My apologies.

Yes, I attend Church and I am a member of 1st Baptist in ***********, Tn. I also attend the Womens Explorers Bible Study every Wednesday. Does this make me a Christian? NOOOOOOOOOOO! but it does make me question when I don't understand what I hear from a "fellow Christian".

Marskinsa, I appreciate your apology and your humbleness. But, I still want to know and understand what I missed in your post....I know that you love our LORD and I truely want to know and understand what you were speaking...I will not taqke this to my pastor or the ladies in my explores group if I don't fully understand the meaning or what you were suggesting to begin with.

Please know that I do appreciate your patience and understaqnding with me..........barb

• Upvote 1

Jackster...you are my hero! Why? Because I like the way you address each verse in WHOLE instead of using bits and pieces of it to make it mean what you want it to mean. Too many people "believe" the Bible to be true...yet leave out the parts they don't like or disagree with. For instance, the Bible is clear---if a man claims to be a prophet of God and his words don't come true, he is NOT a prophet of God. Clement has been wrong uncounted times...yet his stand is that if you don't accept his prophecies as true (and from God), then it fails because you don't accept it.

Whatever...

Agreed. I'm a Buddhist with a mix of Native American Spirituality and Christianity. Call me the Heinz 57 of religion. That would sum me up, quickly. At the end of the day my Karma is important to me.

You're welcome...

I have a strange sense of humor when it comes to avatar's...no self portrait!

Rock the avatar Marilyn. Most on this board wouldn't get you and your substance. :D

A Bible nazi? Please. Pinning labels on people you do not understand.

Romans 14? I think we were discussing prophecy. Not if people ate certain foods. That chapter talks about judging people that eat only vegetables, or meat or drink wine.

Move along now.

Jackster, you do stick to your guns, even when you know you are being a bit over the top. Since you are so matter of fact, and advised me to just move along, lol, I will help you out.

Romans 14 does speak on judging your brother and sister in Christ concerning what we eat. However, also Paul explains why we are not to judge others.

Since, you seem to have only read and int rpreted what yo want out of the scripture, I will hep you out:

Romans 14:

"4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11 It is written:

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,

‘every knee will bow before me;

every tongue will acknowledge God.’”

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister."

Even in verse 5, Paul is explaining that some have special days some dont. Some eat meat, some dont. Some interpret the Bible differently than you do. Kim Clements opinion on the bible is just as valid as yours. Why judge?

Edited by Realdinar