Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Report: President Talabani, Barzani handed his resignation to the need to use when / Extended

Report: President Talabani, Barzani handed his resignation to the need to use when / Extended

Haider Ali Jawad - 23/05/2012 PM - 1:31 p.m. | Hits: 80

Him President Jalal Talabani, a resignation from office to the President of the Kurdistan region of Iraq, Massoud Barzani, and in which he expressed his willingness to leave his post and use it as leverage in the existing problems between Baghdad and Erbil, according to the head of the Kurdistan Regional Government in an interview with the newspaper (Hawlati) Kurdish.

said Barzani the newspaper speaking the Kurdish language in its issue dated Wednesday said "set Mam Jalal his resignation and handed it to the President of the Kurdistan region to be used as leverage in any time he wants."

said Barzani that "step Talabani, this expression of his position and the position of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, the faction that their position with the Kurds to the existing problems between Baghdad and Erbil. "

On the look of the KDP and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) to the existing problems between the province and the federal government, said Barzani "We do not care about the votes there or there, we care about the position of Mam Jalal, which supports all force directions the region in front of Baghdad

http://www.burathanews.com/news_article_157611.html

• Upvote 1

President Talabani ready to give up his post for the sake of the Kurdistan Region

12:55:23 / 05/2012

talabani23052012-bb.jpg

President Jalal Talabani

Khandan - The head of the Kurdistan Regional Government Prime Minister Barzani in an interview with the newspaper (Hawlati) that the Kurdish Schnr on Sunday, that the resignation of President Mam Jalal present and handed over to the Kurdistan Region President Massoud Barzani to ask what necessitated it. attributed Barzani step President Mam Jalal this to express his position and the position of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan and the unity of sound Kurdish about the existing problems between the Kurdistan Region and the federal government. come disclosure of this topic and you are the talk sometimes about that there is a difference in views between the President Mam Jalal and Kurdistan Region President Massoud Barzani about the problems between Arbil and Baghdad, for his part refuted Barzani these allegations, saying: "We do not pay attention to those voices, what concerns us is that the President Mam Jalal supports all force directions of the Kurdistan Region over Baghdad." head of the Kurdistan Regional Government, according to news published in the newspaper Hawlati today, He stressed that all the forces and Kurdish opposition to it, including the position of one of the problems that exist between Arbil and Baghdad. .

http://xendan.org/arabic/drejaA.aspx?=hewal&jmara=6643&Jor=1

Am I reading this right, it sounds like he is saying enough is enough. I will leave if we do not move forward on the Ebril agreement . Sounds like a move of desperation and frustration. I hope that they take this to heart and see that they have to get it done to make things better for themselves and Iraq.

Many may or may NOT know this but Talabani has cancer he is a sick man and is becoming old this is why i think he has put his resignation plus im sure he is tired of all the political squabble.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 1

I think it is also possible Talabani is tired of being the buffer between Baghdad and Kurdistan. He may be getting pressure from the those who want get rid of Maliki and he feels he is no longer valuable to the process. He is not changing his stance, he is moving to the sidelines and would be replaced by someone who is more in line with their focus.

Well, I think if you combine what all of you have said above you'd be pretty close to the answer. I would hate to see this man step away as he ( IMO) has always been fair, and a voice of reason. I do know that his health isn't that great, and he is bound to be sick and tired of the political bickering with never any resolution. That being said however, I have to agree with KK; This does not appear to be him saying , "I am resigning now". Seems to me to be a bit more political posturing. Personally, I think the man is trying to go through the " back door" and put a bit more pressure on Maliki to "step up" and honor the agreements he made. The people of Iraq love Talabani . This might just be his TRUMP card. Who knows? Hell, after all the political B.S. the man has had to endure, who could blame him. I truly believe that this is one man that really loves his country and is sick and tired of seeing constant backpeddling. ( JMO).

RSS

If Talabani steps down, his replacement may be someone with more enthusiasm for getting rid of Maliki, possibily a current enemy of Maliki, so Talabani is using his resignation as leverage. Take what you have and work with it, because the alternative could be a real problem.

If Talabani steps down, his replacement may be someone with more enthusiasm for getting rid of Maliki, possibily a current enemy of Maliki, so Talabani is using his resignation as leverage. Take what you have and work with it, because the alternative could be a real problem.

I like the way you have come to your conclusion.....makes sense. Now the next question is Whats Maliki going to do?