Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Who the hell does obama think he is?

parmenio

I thought I read everything about obama's narcicism until I came across this article on Fox. :angry: This can be found on the official WhiteHouse.org website.

The Obama White House is drawing ridicule for appending the official online biographies of nearly every president over the last century in order to link President Obama's accomplishments to the former commanders in chief.

The Obama team went into the pages of U.S. presidents dating back to Calvin Coolidge to add friendly looking "Did you know?" fact boxes to the end of their bios. Those additions were used to plug a host of Obama administration initiatives, ranging from the health care overhaul to the so-called "Buffett Rule" to his green-energy policies.

For instance, the following line was added to the official bio of the late President Ronald Reagan: "In a June 28, 1985, speech, Reagan called for a fairer tax code, one where a multimillionaire did not have a lower tax rate than his secretary. Today, President Obama is calling for the same with the Buffett Rule."

The White House is coming under heavy criticism from conservatives for the changes, and not just to Reagan's page.

Late Tuesday, the White House defended itself, claiming the staff was merely adding links to other pages.

"No biographies have been altered," a White House official told Fox News. "We simply added links at the bottom of each page to related whitehouse.gov content, which is a commonly used best practice to encourage people to browse more pages on a site."

The additions do include links, but they're more than that. Each one finds a way to tout an Obama administration policy or practice in the process.

There's this at the bottom of the Franklin D. Roosevelt biography, for instance:

"On August 14, 1935, President Roosevelt signed the Social Security Act. Today the Obama administration continues to protect seniors and ensure Social Security will be there for future generations."

And this, at the end of President Lyndon Johnson's, drawing a link between his signing of Medicare and Obama's signing of the health care overhaul:

"President Lyndon Johnson signed Medicare into law in 1965 -- providing millions of elderly health care stability. President Obama's historic health care reform law, the Affordable Care Act, strengthens Medicare, offers eligible seniors a range of preventive services with no cost-sharing, and provides discounts on drugs when in the coverage gap known as the 'donut hole.'"

The changes also link Harry Truman's call for civil rights to the Obama administration's push to repeal "don't ask, don't tell." And they link Jimmy Carter's creation of the Department of Energy to Obama's push for an "all of the above" energy approach today.

The Obama accomplishments cited range from the significant to the mundane.

On the bio of John F. Kennedy, the Obama staff cited the current president's decision to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Peace Corps with a "presidential proclamation," as a way to link the current administration to Kennedy's -- which launched the Peace Corps.

The only post-Coolidge president whose page is so far untouched is that of Gerald Ford.

Conservative blogs and publications ripped the White House Tuesday for the move, even starting a Twitter hashtag #ObamaInHistory to mock him. The Republican National Committee launched a tumblr page called: "Obama in History -- World Changing Events You Didn't Know Obama Played A Part In."

The page goes on to show pictures of Obama standing with historical figures ranging from Einstein to Elvis to The Beatles. It also shows Obama at the Berlin Wall and Stonehenge.

• Upvote 2

Obama is a joke....always has been. Most politicians are jokes....they lie to get into office and lie when they are finally in office. It's unfortunate that the

building blocks of America are no longer standing. We once were a good trust worthy nation of strong willed and honest people. Now we are led by some of the most

evil, deceitful, and dis-respectful people in US history. Our politicians have removed prayer in schools and have removed scripture from federal buildings to allow

freedom of religion to even those who hate us and want to kill us (muslims). We bail out those who can't make it in business and expect the normal people who work

every day to pay for their arrogance. We have people in the govt who go on lavish trips spending our money that our kids have to pay back and even

there kid's kids. We now owe money to our enemies and shun our allies. I pray that one day, we will get a leader who is worthy of the title of "President of the

United States." Someone who is worthy of leading a country who's flag has never failed, who's people don't give up, who's military liberates those who are

oppressed. While I might not see those times in my days, hopefully one day....there will be a man who has the values of the original American ways. Someone who doesn't have anything to hide in his closet, someone who honors his marriage to his wife, someone who actually cares about his fellow man, someone who doesn't have to bash the other opponent because his strengths win the election for him, someone who works on getting us out of debt intstead of reaching in our pocket,

someone who is in the office working instead of out on a golf course playing golf (Obama), someone who has the balls to stand up for our country and quit

being a *****!

Edited by Amos9:13
  • Upvote 2

the President is just trying to stir up hatred from the right going into the election which is easy to do.......it will work the *** marriage issue is already working......Republican leaders in congress already wanting to fire *** employees, etc.....even poor Mitt getting rid of one of his top people running his presidential bid....I was worried that the President coming out too soon was a huge mistake....but leave it to the hatred on the right to come to his help.......I think going overboard with this hatred will move people in the center to be a huge help....I have faith the President will work the center......and for whatever you may think Mitt on stage has proven he is not presidential.......in debates I see President Obama winning debates easy....I'm hoping for JFK and Nixon moments......

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 17

the President is just trying to stir up hatred from the right going into the election which is easy to do.......it will work the *** marriage issue is already working......Republican leaders in congress already wanting to fire *** employees, etc.....even poor Mitt getting rid of one of his top people running his presidential bid....I was worried that the President coming out too soon was a huge mistake....but leave it to the hatred on the right to come to his help.......I think going overboard with this hatred will move people in the center to be a huge help....I have faith the President will work the center......and for whatever you may think Mitt on stage has proven he is not presidential.......in debates I see President Obama winning debates easy....I'm hoping for JFK and Nixon moments......

Interesting take from a lefty..., but obviously you guys look at the world upside down anyway!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Me too...O'blah has a lot to sweat about :P

Im really having a hard time envisioning O'blah winning

in any debate, he wont have his teleprompter to tell him

what to say. :D

Stumbling & bumbling is common for him without prompting.

Lots of uh's, pausing, and changing the subject are not

winning debate tactics

Having zero experience compared to Mitt is going to be

highlighted in every debate. It wouldnt surprise me if O'blah

refuses to get into a contest like that.

Should he choose to participate, American viewers will find

him lacking IMO. It aint 2008 anymore :D

Edited by cris
  • Upvote 6

Im really having a hard time envisioning O'blah winning

in any debate, he wont have his teleprompter to tell him

what to say. :D

Stumbling & bumbling is common for him without prompting.

Lots of uh's, pausing, and changing the subject are not

winning debate tactics

Having zero experience compared to Mitt is going to be

highlighted in every debate. It wouldnt surprise me if O'blah

refuses to get into a contest like that.

Should he choose to participate, American viewers will find

him lacking IMO. It aint 2008 anymore :D

Right on Cris. Bush was ridiculed to no end for the speech stumbling but there is never a peep from the media when B.O. does it.

• Upvote 1