Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam's Drive by 4/4/12

kcw

Thank you again as always. I'm still on the now till September train. It's still moving forward as planned. Waiting for the conductor to say please stanby for de-boarding. Please watch your step. Thanks kcw for the posting. :tiphat::twothumbs::woot::hug:

• Upvote 5

[Adam Montana] Here's what I know - Iraq is getting pressured HARD.

I Hope That Shabbi Has Maliki In A Head Lock + That Moon Is Applying Some Noogies ! :o

:D:D:D

Thx For The Drive By Update Adam ! And Thx For The Post KCW ! ;)

B)B)

• Upvote 8

Well an undervalued note can be fixed several ways. when they issue a new currency the can say its wortha dollar now.......which gives them a currency with a good value and can do that in a neutral event. the political chaos is my biggest concern. these blocs religiouslyhate each other, which trumps any pressure. i dont think the blocs careabou outside influence. theyve been perfectly fine with civil war for years, and even when we think they agree, they dont and drag things on to a point of stagnation. even if a rv is a guarantee, political the government is collapsing.. what goods a currencyif theres no stable government to back it???or a stable gvernment to set the economic neccessities to thrive and prosper????

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Adam, that is what I have been thinking this whole ballgame. If their money WAS worth 3+ back then and WE shut them down, then it makes since that THEY could be worth 3+ again. SPECULATION!! YES!! GO RV!! Thank You ADAM!! OH! Thanks to all of the DV community. AND WE WAIT!!;):lol:

• Upvote 3

Adam, that is what I have been thinking this whole ballgame. If their money WAS worth 3+ back then and WE shut them down, then it makes since that THEY could be worth 3+ again. SPECULATION!! YES!! GO RV!! Thank You ADAM!! OH! Thanks to all of the DV community. AND WE WAIT!!;):lol:

That's just it. They can do what ever they want to do. And we wait, no biggie my dinar and myself are not going anywhere!!!! LOL

• Upvote 4

Thanks Adam and kcw!

This makes sense on quite a few levels, think about all the 'treasure' Saddam had at his own disposal, not to mention the known and unknown amounts of monies, gold, etc the country had. Where did they go? Ya know what I mean? I also believe randalln had a thread recently about the pressure Iraq is under now. Had to do with them not really doing honest business with lenders like the IMF and World Bank, I think that was part of it.

• Upvote 1

Adam Montana] Hey everyone!

[Adam Montana] I don't have time to do a full Q&A today, I'll get that tomorrow

[Adam Montana] but I've got about 10 minutes here, so I wanted to give you all a quick chat

[Adam Montana] GM everyone

[Adam Montana] Here's what I know - Iraq is getting pressured HARD. They can't afford to do things they should in all reality have NO problems doing

[Adam Montana] well, it simply doesn't make sense to even consider that they might hold off for too much longer

[Adam Montana] let me make ONE point. Wealth cannot simply "disappear", it can only change hands

[Adam Montana] Iraq was once a VERY wealthy country, with a currency valued at 3X the USD

[Adam Montana] now, you'll hear the l0psters talking about M2, they say you can't simply revalue the currency and gain money, etc etc.... the same goes for DEvaluing the currency. It does not matter how many 0's they have on their bills, it doesn't matter if there's 16 gazillion of these Dinars in circulation, because the notion that their wealth simply "disappeared" 8 years ago is a complete sham

[Adam Montana] it didn't disappear. Iraq still has the same wealth that they did in the past, it's just hidden behind a ridiculously undervalued currency

[Adam Montana] UNDERVALUED. When they FIX that value, the wealth doesn't magically reappear, it is simply re-RECOGNIZED

[Adam Montana] so, that's my talk for the morning. I'm hearing a lot of buzz that they are getting MAJOR pressure to stop screwing around and make something happen. And my point this morning is this: Wealth does not simply "disappear". I'm taking that point to the bank at one point

[Adam Montana] and I hope it's soon.

[Adam Montana] That's it, thanks for being patient with my schedule, I will do that Q&A ASAP

Topic: open floor

Is the pressure coming from inside or outside Iraq?

• Upvote 1

The political and spiritual unrest has been going on since the day of their slitting a hundreds of years ago. It hasn't destroyed the value of their wealth, nor will it now. Go RV!!!

But if you cant pass laws that support an emerging economy thats been destructed by years of war........eventually you have to have a common ground to be able to move forward. its been almost ten years and it could take another ten to actually get there.

iraqs been spinning tires in mud the last year and a half, and we are still at the same point we were 18 months ago. only 18 monyhs ago they came to an agreement and still havent set those agreements in concrete. So as the wealth is there, they have a tremendous amount of restructuring to do.........at least ten years ago there was infraetructure.....as of now its all mostly rubbble waiting on the politics to be ironed....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Thank You Adam for the short chat :)

I eluded to this in the past---

when sanctions were imposed---Saddam printed a whole slew of currency to get by

All of that---and then some --were removed and destroyed

http://rafino.org/ShowContent?id=159

In comes new IQD [what happened to the original currency that had a value of $3.XX? and it's value]

But at that time it wasn't brought back out at the rate before sanctions were imposed and the value plummeted

They kept it at about [slightly higher than] the rate of deflation instead of doing an RI

I think I read that David Oliver said as to do no harm or foul.

http://graphics8.nyt...OC/original.pdf

Note: I don't think it's possible for Iraq to continue it's growth process without it's own currency that is recognized worldwide now--to facilitate trade and to have the other sectors flourish. [Agriculture/industrial, etc.]

It's GDP is hampered [and limited to] just oil--and that alone will not support Iraq or it's currency.

Here is a quote from Hugh Tant-- the original White House chat page is gone-- but this quote comes from another site so sorry I can't post the link.

"The Central Bank of Iraq conducts a 'foreign exchange auction' process about 3 times per week to help ensure the new currency is stable. This process helps determine the exchange rate.

At the moment, due to Iraqi exchange controls, the currency is not exchanged outside Iraq. This is likely to change in the future as Iraq continues to be welcomed back into the international financial community .

As oil exports increase and more funds are invested in Iraqi goods and services from outside the country, it is expected that the new Iraqi Dinar will appreciate in value over the long-term."

And my simple argument to the RD /RV scenario is this:

This is already the NIQD.

If they L0p'd-- what will they call it? The New Old IQD..New New IQD? It would be a totally new currency so they have to assign it a new name with new notes.

Guess what--they already did that B)

Of course---IMO

• Upvote 2

Thanks Adam! This is what I have leaned on during my investment with the dinar. Before the sanctions their dinar holdings were around 75 billion usd ..... Now their dinar is crap, where did the 50 some odd billion they lost go??? That money is theirs and with an RV it will be counted once again.

Respectfully, I really hope he returns this time, as in the past he has not always come back and completed the q+a's after he said he would. I understand he is quite busy, as am i with my businesses, family, etc. And I certainly mean no disrespect to he or anyone else, but isn't this site one of his businesess as well? (after all, it's no secret he has made a profit from this site...as he should). Anyways, thanks for the short chat and hope to hear back soon!

I guess he is just "damned if he does, damned if he doesn't" . Poor guy can't get a break. Funny how "respectfully" and "with all due respect" is followed by being slammed about something!!! Adam, I appreciate all that you do for us and this site. I understand that all of the IMAGINED profit (and then some) from this site is being poured back into the site, into research, into meetings for future investments, into etc... As much as I / we look forward to each Wednesday chat or the odd drive by.... I gotta ask why do you do it??? You do ALL that you can and still someone bit**es. You are a much better man than I. After a while, I might just say, "nothing has changed, I still feel that same about everything, oh yeah, that all that "profit" that some of you are hung up about ..... well, Bumper and I blew it at a craps table in Vegas over the weekend. That about covers it for now. I'll let you know IF anything changes."

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 6

[Adam Montana] let me make ONE point. Wealth cannot simply "disappear", it can only change hands

[Adam Montana] Iraq was once a VERY wealthy country, with a currency valued at 3X the USD

.... the same goes for DEvaluing the currency. It does not matter how many 0's they have on their bills, it doesn't matter if there's 16 gazillion of these Dinars in circulation, because the notion that their wealth simply "disappeared" 8 years ago is a complete sham

[Adam Montana] it didn't disappear. Iraq still has the same wealth that they did in the past, it's just hidden behind a ridiculously undervalued currency

[Adam Montana] UNDERVALUED. When they FIX that value, the wealth doesn't magically reappear, it is simply re-RECOGNIZED

Adam... you have had many good chats in the past... but please excuse me for saying...none, nada, zip compared to this basic truth you just relayed in this albeit brief truth filled post... thank you! tip_hat.gif

Thanks kcw for posting!wink.gif

Just one thing left to say... git-r-dun boyz... git-r-dun!!!biggrin.gif

Come On RB Baby!!!cool.gif

• Upvote 2

But if you cant pass laws that support an emerging economy thats been destructed by years of war........eventually you have to have a common ground to be able to move forward. its been almost ten years and it could take another ten to actually get there.

iraqs been spinning tires in mud the last year and a half, and we are still at the same point we were 18 months ago. only 18 monyhs ago they came to an agreement and still havent set those agreements in concrete. So as the wealth is there, they have a tremendous amount of restructuring to do.........at least ten years ago there was infraetructure.....as of now its all mostly rubbble waiting on the politics to be ironed....

Yup. And that is why many believe that it will come back to ONLY a dollar per dinar, instead of the previous value, even if it was high for the actual worth.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Adam! This is what I have leaned on during my investment with the dinar. Before the sanctions their dinar holdings were around 75 billion usd ..... Now their dinar is crap, where did the 50 some odd billion they lost go??? That money is theirs and with an RV it will be counted once again.

the 75 billion US value is basically the same value they have now. The difference is it is deluted by a lot more dinar. Back then there was around 28 billion dinar in circulation, now there is 30 trillion. Adam is correct in that the value didn't disappear it is still there and still the same as it was before...just deluted by a lot more dinar.

• Upvote 2