Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

San Antonio TX

Mrgrizz44

I googled it, just out of curiosity and found http://www.unitedsta...buy_iraqi_dinar_. It appears you might be able to purchase it from there. Many of the banks have stopped selling. However, there is a post in this Forum of just 16 page, :blink: , that may have updated info. I know there were several people on here that were selling. In addition some were selling on eBay. You may want to check it out too. Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Im in Florida now as well, but lived in San Antonio for about 5 years, I still head back to San Antonio 1 - 2 times a year and just cant get enough of the Chips / Salsa, great food no place better for TexMex and an all nighter on the river walk.

• Upvote 3

Im in Florida now as well, but lived in San Antonio for about 5 years, I still head back to San Antonio 1 - 2 times a year and just cant get enough of the Chips / Salsa, great food no place better for TexMex and an all nighter on the river walk.

yes it is well worth the drive!

Wife and I are both from Austin area originally.

I still have family in Dallas area and have had to make several trips the last couple of years for mother's health.

Last time there I ate tex mex 3 meals a day and would do it again only it is not good for my girlish figure. laugh.gif

What is favorite restaraunt in San Antonio?

Mine in Austin is called Ala Carrera or something like that.

Unfortunately good tex mex is a rare commodity in the sunshine state sad.gif

• Upvote 3

Thats so funny

Have a bunch of good friends in San Antonio meet there for Fantasy Football draft week before NFL season starts every year, I eat 3 - 4 meals / day of Tex Mex they all make fun of me, I just tell them Im making up for the last year of not having it. I gain about 5 - 10 lbs over just 5 days, kind of like a cruise ha ha. I just plan on working out more before and after the trip.

El Chaparalle is my favorite restaraunt for quality its the best

Casa Rio on the River walk is fun one of my friends manages it so get VIP and the drinks hook up can never go wrong with that.

Pappsitos is good too.

Austin is a great town too. love 6th street and the live music,

Tubing not for away too.

Maybe we will be on the same charter, or just have to catch up in B.

Go RV

• Upvote 3

Thats so funny

Have a bunch of good friends in San Antonio meet there for Fantasy Football draft week before NFL season starts every year, I eat 3 - 4 meals / day of Tex Mex they all make fun of me, I just tell them Im making up for the last year of not having it. I gain about 5 - 10 lbs over just 5 days, kind of like a cruise ha ha. I just plan on working out more before and after the trip.

El Chaparalle is my favorite restaraunt for quality its the best

Casa Rio on the River walk is fun one of my friends manages it so get VIP and the drinks hook up can never go wrong with that.

Pappsitos is good too.

Austin is a great town too. love 6th street and the live music,

Tubing not for away too.

Maybe we will be on the same charter, or just have to catch up in B.

Go RV

hahaha, I guess great minds really do think alike then..

Schliterbaun is great place. Worst sunburn I ever had in my life was tubing down the river there in San Marcus.

I judge all tex mex by the enchiladas. Its hard to screw up a taco but there is an art to making a good enchilada! And then there is the tamales and the frijoles....don't get me started on the frijoles.

I will make a note of the restaraunt and have to give them a try next time through SA.

It is possible we could be on the charter together to Belize. I'll be the short guy walking with the Texas swagger. Can't seem to get rid of it no matter how long I am away from Texas smile.gif

• Upvote 2

I am looking for the closest bank near Austin or San Antonio Texas to buy a small amount of dinar. If anyone knows of a bank please post the bank name and I will get in touch with them. Thanks in advance for the help.

Send a message to Markinsa (Mark). He's in San Antonio. He may be able to help you. If not, I suggest you place an order with Sterling Currency Group, aka Dinar Banker.

For Downtown:

Piedras Negras del Noche

La Margarita

Mi Tierra

For NW Side:

Mammacitas

Pappasitos

For NE Side:

Salsalito's

For North Central:

Los Cucos

La Hacienda Los Barrios (Family of Los Barrios)

Inside 410

La Fogata

Los Barrios

A good rule of thumb is a full parking lot. th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

-

Send a message to Markinsa (Mark). He's in San Antonio. He may be able to help you. If not, I suggest you place an order with Sterling Currency Group, aka Dinar Banker.

I did a quick search here in San Antonio for Dinar Dealers, and couldn't find any. There was one person several months back that was looking to sell, I don't know if he's still interested. You may want to check Ebay or Craigs List.

-

• Upvote 2

wow, thanks Markinsa, ohmy.gifI see you are a Tex Mex lover yourself!

Oh Yeah, I had beef fajita tacos (actually it was just one taco, but it was BIG :lol:) with guacamole this morning for breakfest, errr brunch, more like lunch :lol: The urbanspoon website has a good list of mexican restaurants for San Antonio, I just listed the ones I frequented the most.

Now according to my Korean Friends in the Pantry where I work, they say the best Korean Food (My second favorite) in Texas is in Dallas. Unfortunately, we only have a few here. :(

• Upvote 1

I cant believe you went and mentioned breakfast tacos, I love those things "only the ones in SA" what a great invention, going to be craving them for a while now.

I have been to 7 on your list Markinsa, I checked off Mi tierra on my last visit, great place loved the market place on the weekend too.

I need to hang on to that list.

And then there is Rudy's BBQ.

• Upvote 2

I cant believe you went and mentioned breakfast tacos, I love those things "only the ones in SA" what a great invention, going to be craving them for a while now.

I have been to 7 on your list Markinsa, I checked off Mi tierra on my last visit, great place loved the market place on the weekend too.

Amen on ALL Three Counts!

Barbecue Station on NE Loop 410 between Harry Wurzbach and Nacogdoches, they take their meat right out of the smokers onto the cutting table and you watch them cut it! yum!

Bolner's Meat Market

-

• Upvote 1

I am looking for the closest bank near Austin or San Antonio Texas to buy a small amount of dinar. If anyone knows of a bank please post the bank name and I will get in touch with them. Thanks in advance for the help.

Not sure how this thread went to texmex and the NFL..laugh.gif

GID Associates has good prices and teh wore transfer option that will get you your dinar in 48 hours. Not many (if any) banks are still selling the dinar. GID is a licensed currency dealer...so no worries. Good luck!

For Downtown:

Piedras Negras del Noche

La Margarita

Mi Tierra

For NW Side:

Mammacitas

Pappasitos

For NE Side:

Salsalito's

For North Central:

Los Cucos

La Hacienda Los Barrios (Family of Los Barrios)

Inside 410

La Fogata

Los Barrios

A good rule of thumb is a full parking lot. th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

-

I did a quick search here in San Antonio for Dinar Dealers, and couldn't find any. There was one person several months back that was looking to sell, I don't know if he's still interested. You may want to check Ebay or Craigs List.

-

Mi tierra's is the best I have had in San Antonio. I use to live in Dallas and my family misses Uncle Julio's.

• Upvote 1

Not sure how this thread went to texmex and the NFL..laugh.gif

GID Associates has good prices and teh wore transfer option that will get you your dinar in 48 hours. Not many (if any) banks are still selling the dinar. GID is a licensed currency dealer...so no worries. Good luck!

azgoldengirl it is an obvious progression of conversation when you start talking about San Antonio to acknowledge there is some of the very best mexican food in the world there!!!

Of course everybody knows its not the best mexican food unless it is Texas' own version of mexican food affectionately known as Texmex!

Lets see, did I miss anything? I think I'm hungry for enchiladas laugh.gif

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Lived in SA for 30 years lot of good ones but the Best Of Best IMO is La Margarita and Mi Tierra open 24 -7. Another one called Rosarios (check Spelling for this one) has been there a long time also. You really can't go wrong in San Antonio even the worst Tex Mex place is the best anywhere else.

I will give texas props on their texmex but to truly enjoy BBQ you need to come to NC. I have ate plenty in texas but live on the BBQ here at home..Pulled BBQ with slaw and baked beans, hush puppies and a juicy chicken breast to top it all off , followed by a nice glass of southern sweet tea.. mmm mmm goood :o wait a min , Its lunch time gotta goo :D