Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Why would any King,Prince/Leader go to raq ?

I have been in this Speculation for 9 years and I believe in it with my Heart & Soul

However I have this lingering Question in my mind?

Why would anyone with a brain risk their life and limbs going into Bagdad knowing it will take bukoo Planes,Trains & Auotomobiles

to protect them.

I realise they want to show solidairity and support however these guys are all use to the best of the best with out risk or is that where I am wrong their so use to risk all the time in that area of the world that this is just another summit in the life and time they share.

Just looking for your OPINIONS

P.S. GO RV/RI

I think we are so close I can taste it

Gov,Chapter 7,HCL all is looking good

• Upvote 2

Brisco... good point... but according to some (i.e. Phoenix, etc.. ) the media has a fine way of making Iraq out to be this terribly dangerous place... but in reality there are more deaths in just a few American Cities every day than in the whole country of Iraq! So who is really at risk here? unsure.gif Granted, we may not have deaths by suicide bombs and grenade launchers here in the States, but dead is still dead no matter how ya get there! sad.gif So apart from media manipulation, Iraq is a much safer place then it is led on to be imo, and it's just another day in the sandbox to those folks. Besides... I think they know what is coming, and they have to pay their respects to the New Iraq.wink.gif Git-r-dun boyz... git-r-dun!!!biggrin.gif

Come On RV Baby!!!cool.gif

• Upvote 1

Many years ago, maybe twenty five or thirty, I read an article in a national magazine regarding a meeting of OPEC countries that took place somewhere in the middle east, and I think it was Jordan. I remember the picture that went with the article. They have some strange customs in the middle east. For starters, the highest ranking official goes through the door last ... not first. When they line up the highest ranking will be in the first row only if other highest ranks are represented there. Just a little tidbit I picked up along the way through life ... I tend to remember the strange things.

Anyway, this OPEC meeting, the article described the members that were there and the bruhahah that ensued when one of the princes of Saudi Arabia did not attend. Now, you have to remember that the royal family of Saudi Arabia has a crown prince who is in his seventies or so, and then after him any number of princes waiting in line. So it isn't like one king, one or two princes and that's it. It is quite a number. These princes each have their own little corner of the "family business" meaning of course Saudi oil. So, to have one of them who should have been at the OPEC meeting not show up at all was, according to the article, a great insult to those who did show up. As I recall security was a factor then too.

I suspect we are dealing here with the same mind set that has existed in the middle east for generations. No one will want to be the one who didn't show up. No one will want to admit that they were not feeling secure enough to show up. For every high roller there will be a couple of dozen security personnel from their own country, of their own nationality, often times even from part of their own family. So, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the summit to fizzle. The only way I can see it happening is if all of them agreed not to show up, and to reschedule, perhaps for another place, like Jordan or Saudi, both of which are more stable than Iraq. But Iraq really has to prove they can do this, and I suspect they will pull out all the stops to make it happen, and to make it safe.

:)

smee2