Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Will the Iraqi Dinar be revalued? When will the Iraqi Dinar be revalued? And How?

emiyoly

Will the Iraqi Dinar be revalued?

When will the Iraqi Dinar be revalued?

How will the Iraqi Dinar be revalued?

;)To put it simply, the Iraqi Dinar is currently worth less than 1/10th of a US penny (Approximately $1000 US dollars buys 1 million Iraqi Dinar). Historically, the Iraqi Dinar has been worth over 3 US dollars for every Iraqi Dinar (Over $3,000,000 US dollars purchased 1 million Iraqi Dinar). Put another way, 1 million Iraqi Dinar is currently worth a little less that 1000 US dollars and historically 1 million Iraqi Dinar has been worth well over $3,000,000.00 US dollars. So, the question is: Will the Iraqi Dinar increase in value? And if so, how? And when?

Let's examine the situation in Iraq and the history of the Dinar. The facts are:

1) Iraq is an extremely wealthy country when you look at their natural resources and potential GDP. The expert consensus is that Iraq has at least the second largest oil reserves and natural gas reserves in the world. There is strong speculation that Iraq actually has the largest oil and natural gas reserves in the world. Additionally, many people don

"One compelling speculation that may relate to the value increase of the Iraqi Dinar is the actual amount of Iraqi Dinar being held by the United States Treasury Department. A significant increase in the value of the Iraqi Dinar would more than pay for cost of recent US war efforts in the Middle East and greatly alleviate the tremendous debt recently initiated by the US Government. The US Government’s current runaway spending seems to suggest that the US Treasury Department is expecting a massive windfall in the near future that will cover debt. Although this theory seems logical and despite the fact that this theory is parroted by many, this speculation can not be confirmed."

Many have said that Iraq could not cover all the Dinar held by many countries if the rate was anything above $1.00. The answer to this situation has been that the U.S. and other countries have agreed not to cash in their Dinar right away but wait and use it to buy oil when needed. If this is the case, how can it help the deficit, or be the reason for out-of-control spending, or fix our worldwide recession. Which one is it going to be: Cash in and fix our country and world economies, or hold on to them until we need oil? Can't have it both ways people.

just my opionion......after new govnment is seated and in control ,you will see a rv or ri and bring value to dinars. the people will then back a newly elected government from all walks of iraq.people will back the new government because it has brought stabability to the country and a value of their money,so all iraqis will gain from the new $value and support the government that has given all iraqis a new way of life. ther will be explosions and rife still in country but people will back the government that has supported the people// opionions are like noses and all have them .....thanks ......go ahead and bash me i dont care ,just stop and think before ya light the match on me

Gman51 - I'm probably all wet on this because I really don't know an awful lot about how it works, but here's my thoughts anyway. If the US treasury has beaucoup dinars & holds them for the RV and has agreed not to turn them in, but exchange for oil, then we do not have to pay them dollars which then stay in our treasury. This then keeps our money in circulation here to pay down debt or whatever. Is this naive or just dumb thinking on my part? All of you that understand more than I do, please respond. Thanks God bless.

Joyce: Your example makes alot of sense, if we in fact keep the Dinars to exchange for oil. That is just one side of the coin (so to speak). What confuses me is, there are those who are saying that when Iraq RVs the Dinar, the treasury will exchange the beaucoup Dinar that they have and use it to pay down the deficit. See what I mean? One side says we will exchange for usd, the other says we will hold on to it and exchange it for oil. What is confusing is that I think both arguments are coming from the same camp............. Great dialogue though, thanks.

Joyce and gman51,

The part where the US holds back dinar for future purchases doesn't bother me. What keeps getting me, and I can't get an answer from the NON LOP crew is:

It is estimated that there is around 3 trillion dinar with speculators.

If say, half of this is with US investors, at a $3.00 exchange rate, the US would have to fork over $4.5 trillion dollars to investors.

Where does this come from?

At least at an exchange rate of $1.00 or less, we could be in the range of hundreds of billions of dollars. Is that even plausible?

I surely hope so!!!

This post is saying the same thing over and over and over and over again. It would be really nice to see different rumors not the same old beating a dead horse stuff time and time again. Its like copy and paste and look how smart I think I am. SORRY, again JMO

just my opionion......after new govnment is seated and in control ,you will see a rv or ri and bring value to dinars. the people will then back a newly elected government from all walks of iraq.people will back the new government because it has brought stabability to the country and a value of their money,so all iraqis will gain from the new $value and support the government that has given all iraqis a new way of life. ther will be explosions and rife still in country but people will back the government that has supported the people// opionions are like noses and all have them .....thanks ......go ahead and bash me i dont care ,just stop and think before ya light the match on me

Exactly what I was thinking! Well said! Now the question is, when will the new government be seated and in control????? Hopefully soon! The transmission in my truck started slipping today!!

Edited by rvtoday?
miss spelling

Joyce and gman51,

The part where the US holds back dinar for future purchases doesn't bother me. What keeps getting me, and I can't get an answer from the NON LOP crew is:

It is estimated that there is around 3 trillion dinar with speculators.

If say, half of this is with US investors, at a $3.00 exchange rate, the US would have to fork over $4.5 trillion dollars to investors.

Where does this come from?

At least at an exchange rate of $1.00 or less, we could be in the range of hundreds of billions of dollars. Is that even plausible?

I surely hope so!!!

The US Treasury simply releases enough money to buy the dinar which is actually backed by something(ie:oil, gas, gold) whereas our dollar is just paper backed by a "promise to pay." So we sell our dinar that has something backing it, to the US for paper that is backed by a "promise" then we take those same dollars and put them right back into banks and investments, and they go right back to the US Treasury where they store them along with those dinar notes. Now the US has our money and Iraqi money. Oh sure, you can withdrawal some from the bank, but are you going to withdrawal all of it and just keep it at home? Our money essentially becomes an electronic number and the paper gets stored. Meanwhile, the dinar increases in value overtime and the US just keeps getting richer with all of our dinar and whatever it has. We can then ship the dinar to China to pay off our debt there and now they can store it. IQD will be one of the most valuable currencies to have, and most of us will have sold it for the US dollar and then put it our US Dollars right back into the system. THe US can't lose on that deal. We win. And Iraq just keeps pumping out oil along with legitmizing their stock exchange which will become one of the most traded in the world.

"Bahtman": You have to keep in mind that the money is electronic money. The treasury doesn't have to pay out all that money in cash. When you take it to exchange, no matter where you go, it will be transferred to your account by electronic transfer. The treasury doesn't have to have the physical cash, they will just add it to the deficit I guess. I hope this helps you to think some more. Read the post above mine, kind of says the same thing. God bless.