Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Columbine Student's father 12 years later

sassytexan

Columbine Student's father 12 years later

Guess our national leaders didn't expect this, hmm? On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton , Colorado , was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness...

The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

> Your laws ignore our deepest needs,

> Your words are empty air.

> You've stripped away our heritage,

> You've outlawed simple prayer.

> Now gunshots fill our classrooms,

> And precious children die

> You seek for answers everywhere,

> And ask the question "Why?"

> You regulate restrictive laws,

> Through legislative creed..

> And yet you fail to understand,

> That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties… We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.”

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge...Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!”

”My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen again.”

Darrell Scott

Do what the media did not --- let the nation hear this man's speech. Please send this out to everyone you can.

God Bless

• Upvote 13

Indeed . Our nation is basically starved for Jesus. The Christians need to take control over our country again, and it'll return to the greatness it once was. That is the reason why this nation became number 1 in the first place, because they put GOD #1. May God richly bless you all and our wonderful country. GO RV !!! B)

• Upvote 5

Indeed . Our nation is basically starved for Jesus. The Christians need to take control over our country again, and it'll return to the greatness it once was. That is the reason why this nation became number 1 in the first place, because they put GOD #1. May God richly bless you all and our wonderful country. GO RV !!! B)

"Starved for jesus"??? The country will be better staying on that hunger strike.

• Downvote 15

Cajunrescuemedic, I have to agree with your statement. Without Jesus in our lives, what is left... "evil"

Solidlogic...I pray silently for you and all that do not believe.

Thanks PA, I appreciate the gesture, but I don't think prayer really works. Just ask any amputee.

• Downvote 2

To solidlogic...You are wrong. I have a friend who is a double amputee. He understands that it is not Gods will to restore his legs at this time. He also understands that it IS Gods Will to restore this corrupt world to his origional purpose. That includes restoring Mankind to perfection under a Rightous Heavenly Government.

• Upvote 4

To solidlogic...You are wrong. I have a friend who is a double amputee. He understands that it is not Gods will to restore his legs at this time. He also understands that it IS Gods Will to restore this corrupt world to his origional purpose. That includes restoring Mankind to perfection under a Rightous Heavenly Government.

So why is it god's will to restore every other deficiency seen in faith healing?? Is god bias towards amputees?

just curious.....If god's will is to restore mankind to perfection under righteous heavenly government then why is god creating more atheists and muslims and less christians in the world?? Just sayin, seems counter productive.

• Downvote 3

solidlogic, I just have to ask: Are you tiffany 23 back under a different name and a bad attitude? Or are you the atheist "cap" that use to be here? It seems when one dissappears for a while, a new avatar / athesit shows up....if you are neither of these two, you should really look them up. Ya'll could talk and plan how to attack Christians with a plan that God will never let work. God bless.... tiff, ahh I mean cap, uhhhh solidlogic, well heck you know who I mean

• Upvote 1

solidlogic.. To keep it simple(not implying anything) let's just say that there are two major forces at work in the world today. God's and Satin's. I will let you decide which force is responsible for what, and who has more influence on ungodly mankind in general.

In respect for this thread I will end my openoins here. Thank you for yours.

So why is it god's will to restore every other deficiency seen in faith healing?? Is god bias towards amputees?

just curious.....If god's will is to restore mankind to perfection under righteous heavenly government then why is god creating more atheists and muslims and less christians in the world?? Just sayin, seems counter productive.

It's not!!! Who the heck do you talk to?

Your answer lies in my original response. It's all about choice. We all have it.

You can't, as God, dictate anyone's behavior towards anyone else and then claim that you have given mankind free choice.

solidlogic, I just have to ask: Are you tiffany 23 back under a different name and a bad attitude? Or are you the atheist "cap" that use to be here? It seems when one dissappears for a while, a new avatar / athesit shows up....if you are neither of these two, you should really look them up. Ya'll could talk and plan how to attack Christians with a plan that God will never let work. God bless.... tiff, ahh I mean cap, uhhhh solidlogic, well heck you know who I mean[/size]

Regardless of who it is, this just isn't useful.

• Upvote 2

solidlogic, I just have to ask: Are you tiffany 23 back under a different name and a bad attitude? Or are you the atheist "cap" that use to be here? It seems when one dissappears for a while, a new avatar / athesit shows up....if you are neither of these two, you should really look them up. Ya'll could talk and plan how to attack Christians with a plan that God will never let work. God bless.... tiff, ahh I mean cap, uhhhh solidlogic, well heck you know who I mean

learningallican... I was thinking the same thing. One goes away and one comes back. But like solidlogic or whomever, they will return and all we can do is offer them up to our Lord, to be saved.

Let's take a step back and breathe, and most of all pray...for the lost.

I want you to know that God has guided you in expressing His words of love, wisdom and kindness. Keep shining for us. Some here needs you to share His word.

Solidlogic...God doesn't create Atheist/Muslims, this is a choice.

He created mankind for the good and gave us the will to chose right and wrong. It is man that creates their choices.

In the end we all know who will conquer this battle.

• Upvote 2

o

Wow, woe is me. That's not what I said when I couldn't walk to the kitchen to cook a meal. That's not what I said when I was told I could never work and I would be dependent on the government for support. So many times I felt this was unfair. Why can't I have a fully functional body. Why me.

I took that disability as a challenge. I was mad and refused to be limited. I used every part of me that did function to take that mobility to make the best with what I had. Fight the odds good or bad. Whether I could or not. No one could tell me what I could or could not do. I was out to prove something to others that I am somebody. I pushed to the limits of my physical ability. Remarkable to doctors. But still I was nobody.

In the meanwhile I was going to fight this unfairness. I used it to realize that no matter how bad I am, there is someone that has it worse than me. This handicap made me realize the diversity in people is a way of educating us that we are no better than the other, and realized how important it was to help one another. If I had to crawl because only my hands were functioning, I crawled. If I could not crawl, I rolled. When I was completely immobile I asked for help.

This handicap hardened my heart. It would come and go. It was a genuine phenonmenon. You see me walking, you see me in a wheel chair. Next week walking, and a few weeks not able to crawl. The worst thing I could not handle, i could never count on walking at any given time. How unfair it was to have an not hold. Given and taken. The emotional roller coaster when you needed your legs and you knew they worked, but also knew they didn't. When you needed them the most, the didn't work.

This shaped and molded me into realizing life is not fair. I was humbled by my limitations. I always remembered there are some that never had the chance to walk a step, and it wasn't all about me.

When I realized it was not about me, I fell on my knees. It's about him. Jesus.

Prayer helps. Just asking helps. Just saying the name helps. Just acknowledging helps.

Miracles happen. I worked a job 34 years and retired. I still walk and don't walk. I fight the knife of the surgeon. Many ups and downs with limitations. I could never do the things folks take for granted. How about wanting to serve your country coming from a line of family servicemen and not able to pass the physical. How about wanting to be a professional ice skater but you could not count on having working legs in competition. How about thinking you can do anything but things you could do today, you could not do the day before.

How about performing marital arts and winning medals. How about not being able to play sports in school and sneaking around to play with neighborhood kids. I have been on a ride all my life. I learned to be grounded. Got pushed down and got back up. Knew where to draw the line on my limits. I give the glory to the one who allowed me to do all these things and more.

Yes, prayer works.

Here I am ( amputee)... What would you like to know?

Plus 1 umbertino. You are awesome!

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 3

I'll keep you guessing. I know how anything anti christian is evil so I guess any opposing opinion is considered a "bad attitude". Someone stated we need god to save the country, I thought otherwise and you cast stones. "Ohhhh noooo, not an opposing opinion, people might actually start thinking and discussing," god forbid, no pun intended. You don't like my opinion and I don't like yours, but you shouldn't be the only one that has the right to express it. bless you too hypocrite, ahh, fundie, uhhh I mean learning.

solidlogic.. To keep it simple(not implying anything) let's just say that there are two major forces at work in the world today. God's and Satin's. I will let you decide which force is responsible for what, and who has more influence on ungodly mankind in general.

In respect for this thread I will end my openoins here. Thank you for yours.

Well said friend, let's agree to disagree

It's not!!! Who the heck do you talk to?

Your answer lies in my original response. It's all about choice. We all have it.

You can't, as God, dictate anyone's behavior towards anyone else and then claim that you have given mankind free choice.

Regardless of who it is, this just isn't useful.

It isn't?? I don't know about that my friend, the numbers say otherwise.

Ok, but if god supposedly knows what choice you will make prior to you making it, then what is the point in punishing. Seems rather cruel and pointless. Plus,,, how is it even logical for an individual born in the amazon to choose jesus with absolutely no frame of reference??

Did prayer give you your limb back??

learningallican... I was thinking the same thing. One goes away and one comes back. But like solidlogic or whomever, they will return and all we can do is offer them up to our Lord, to be saved.

Let's take a step back and breathe, and most of all pray...for the lost.

I want you to know that God has guided you in expressing His words of love, wisdom and kindness. Keep shining for us. Some here needs you to share His word.

Solidlogic...God doesn't create Atheist/Muslims, this is a choice.

He created mankind for the good and gave us the will to chose right and wrong. It is man that creates their choices.

In the end we all know who will conquer this battle.

i love the passive aggressive and subtle condescending subtext PA, as if I need to be "saved" If you truly are compassionate and I think you are, then thank you, but you might want to show some of your friends who are negging me to heaven whats up.

I humbly disagree PA.

• Downvote 2

Plus 1 umbertino. You are awesome!

End Quote

Thanks for the kind words.. But I said nothing special.....Just the truth of my body situation... Lost the lower part of my left leg ( a couple of inches below knee) as a result of a motorcycle ( mine) and car mishap.....They had to do it a few days later.. it was 1975.. I was 18... Walked with a prosthetics ( well... more than one through time...smile) ever since.

Life had to go on and it did.

Edited by umbertino

solidlogic, I don't believe I stated that you should not voice your opinion or your belief. Did I? I ask if you may have changed your name as you sound so much like Tiff except with a bad attitude. I also feel that you sound alot like cap which I believe was also tiff..If you are Tiffany, why not just come on out? Atleast Tiffany was tolerable on her good days

i love the passive aggressive and subtle condescending subtext PA, as if I need to be "saved" If you truly are compassionate and I think you are, then thank you, but you might want to show some of your friends who are negging me to heaven whats up.

I humbly disagree PA.

Solidlogic...I am compassionate about offering up prayer to anyone that may be a lost child of God.

Solidlogic...I do sense a bit of compassion in you by your kind " thank you's"...hmmm I wonder if that is God working in you. Take care and step out of your logical zone and really see God through the other people around you. :)

solidlogic, I don't believe I stated that you should not voice your opinion or your belief. Did I? I ask if you may have changed your name as you sound so much like Tiff except with a bad attitude. I also feel that you sound alot like cap which I believe was also tiff..If you are Tiffany, why not just come on out? Atleast Tiffany was tolerable on her good days

Again LAIC, how do I have a "bad attitude"?? because I am a non believer?? Lol! Come out??? yeah "coming out" works so well with fundamentalists. Sorry to burst your bubble LAIC, but i am neither of these people. I know it's crazy thinking there being more than 2 non christians here. I don't blame you, I am starting to think that myself. Good day to you sir and bless.

• Downvote 1

Folks, Christ was persecuted and mocked..... We should expect the same.... What was Jesus' response??? "Father forgive them for they don't know what they do.....

Amen! Christ also said:

John 17:14-18

"I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one."

Christ last prayer before he was crucified. He took his last minutes praying for his disciples and the world that they may be kept from the evil one.

• Upvote 1

God has healed amputees, does heal them and continues to heal them. Because you never witnessed it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Eveytime you post things like this you show your ignorance, not stupity, I'm not calling you stupid and I do need to explain that to you because the demonic influence in your life would have you believe that a man of God called you stupid and that's not the case. Biblically speaking God healed amputees, old testament in Ezekiel and new testament the 10 lepers, remember the one who returned and worshipped Jesus? what did Jesus say? your faith has made thee whole! as the lepers went they were healed. lepers lose body parts, one returned and was made whole. I've had this conversation with you before!

• Upvote 1

solidlogic,

You seem cool so I thought I would drop a line so you don't feel that some are pushing you or judging you. It is just a shame or disgrace to those of us that would not share our joy in Christ with you. Not only does God not wish for any to perish, Christians (Christ Like Minds) also would feel sorrowful if we at least did not share the good news with you. Many of us know time is running out. It's a joyful time in the world to know this. It is sad for those who do not understand. The most important thing of all, if we would not say anything if we didn't care. We would not be doing any good as Christians if we did not just try to bring the same joy that we have. We are sinners, we know it. Many think that you have to be perfect. Ain't none on the face of the earth perfect. It's just in your heart to be Christlike and the spirit will guide you. So, don't take it as reproach when someone brings the word to you. It's just the right thing to do for me. I hope you will someday feel what I feel. That also compels me to share. I want everyone to have most of their days to be good, and be able to see the blessings and the spiritual dangers as I do. Just wanted to let ya know. It's all good.

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 1

Give it to him Umbertino!!! I think he wants to know how to not be an a-hole. :angry:

As for you Mr. Solidlogic. This father has suffered the loss of his daughter for 12 YEARS. His belief in God is what get's him through the day. No one, not you, not anyone can take that from him.

If you don't have anything nice to say, then stay off this topic!!!

• Upvote 2