Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anybody in stocks that are making respectable gains?

My stocks that I am in right now are not doing well at all. Mainly because most of them are banks and they are just taking a beating. Just wondering if anybody else had some good news on a stock or two? I am no expert at this stuff by no means just learning from each other. I try to pick stocks by where the country seems to be going and by also looking at the kuwait stock exchange to a degree to see what is profitable there since they are close neighbors. I know we are waiting on the telecomunication IPOs to activate but I am also wondering if we should not wait a while to buy because it seems as if the stock usually goes down not to long after the Initial Public Offering from looking at other stock charts of other companies. Or do we just buy because we are getting them so realtively inexpensive anyhow? Once the private sector gets going the ISX will take off. I am in the ISX for long term investment but sometimes I get caught up looking at my stock prices to much and I just need to sit back. Thank you all for your answers in advance.

i like the REITS ... REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT TRUSTS .. they are down now .. but long term you should make a pile of money .. CAPITOL TRUST ... "CT"... REIT FINANCIAL OUT OF NEW YORK IS ALSO ONE OF MY FAVORITES .. "RAS"....check out their history and the dividend payments ... .. buy now at 3 to 5 bucks ..look 5 years down the road at 20 bucks ... just my opinion .. but you should be collecting 50 cents a share quarterly dividends on top .. when the economy picks back up .. me myself im looking for huge turn around in economy .. over the next 2 to 3 years ... obama has to go first .. and harry reid needs to be replaced as senate majority leader to get the trends to change...libs got to go

do your own reasearch .. this is only my opinion

I have watched about 50 stocks on the NYSE and on NASDAQ for 20 years now...so using that time frame as "experience" I am 110% PRO stock market. It is going to pop 13,000 this week...point is, it is in a run up mode. There are all sorts of "buy" stocks out there now. For example, I bought MU at $5.35 a few months back...it is over $8 now (and will go higher IMO). Bought SIRI at .50...it is now at $2.14 (a 400% increase). I believe the Euro debacle will correct itself...I bought IRE (Bank of Ireland) at just over $1.00...it is at $6.00 now.

My point is, the stock market is not something to fear at this point in time...when our economy tanks (it did in 2008), it eventually rebounds (it is showing rebound signs this year, 2012). Rebounds are when you buy, buy, buy.

What to buy? Companies with billion+ market caps that have been beaten down, yet are solid companies with products in demand. I make it sound easy, and in a way it is, but you MUST do a lot of homework. It isn't a dart board where you throw a dart and buy the ticker the dart hits.

Hope this helps! :rolleyes:

I am in the ISX for long term investment but sometimes I get caught up looking at my stock prices to much and I just need to sit back. Thank you all for your answers in advance.

stay encouraged my friend especially if you are in this for the long haul. the long investors are not making their large gains from the day to day price fluctuations. they are making their money from the bonus shares being offered. you will see exactly what i mean when. here is a page that highlights my point. Look for these types of statements all the way down the page:

Mansour Bank (BMNS) will hold AGM on Feb 28, 2012 to discuss 2011 financial report, cash dividend ratio and capital increase through rights and bonus issues to reach ID150bn paid-in capital. ISX will suspend trading of BMNS starting Feb 21, 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

I own three stocks on the ISX through Warka brokers. All are down since I invested. Are there negative rumors out there about Warka Bank? I don't spend much time on this site--just waiting for Adam's text that the RV is here....

i am....i did...make substantial gains on me investment....however that was about 6-7 years ago when the market was doing well. i have not seen any other opportunities like back then.... one of mine was GGP at the time they were in in financial upheaval...and their stocks went down to below .25 cents a share. however, fortunately given that my company deals with this company with their advertising and since it is backed by billions of dollars of real estate. it would be highly unlike they would have gone bankrupt. so given that opportunity i purchased 2000 shares at .25 cents each for just $500. when it went back up to $10 a share (currently at $14 to $15) i cashed out and got $20k from that. so it depends on the opportunity that come up. so keep at it...you might get lucky with one. ;)

Edited by Shinnidan
  • Upvote 1

I just got my ISX number today! Any ideas on good companies to buy into, or even better anyone have good advice to research and look into which companies might make a profit? I planned on holding off until some communications ipo's come out but it couldnt hurt to start now.

Hi Patriotic_mess,

I use these to help with basic research, the 'watch list' is good for keeping track of buys or future buys.

http://www.mubasher.info/portal/CASE/customerLogin.html?error=common.error.loginFirst&siteLanguage=en

http://72.52.252.89/isxportal/portal/uploadedFilesList.html?currLanguage=en

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Scott

• Upvote 1

Hi Patriotic_mess,

I use these to help with basic research, the 'watch list' is good for keeping track of buys or future buys.

http://www.mubasher.info/portal/CASE/customerLogin.html?error=common.error.loginFirst&siteLanguage=en

http://72.52.252.89/isxportal/portal/uploadedFilesList.html?currLanguage=en

Hope this helps.

All the best,

Scott

Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was looking for.

I just got my ISX number today! Any ideas on good companies to buy into, or even better anyone have good advice to research and look into which companies might make a profit? I planned on holding off until some communications ipo's come out but it couldnt hurt to start now.

Yippee!! Im so excited for you..I like the banking sector and hotel sector:) Al-Jazeer is my broker.