Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

World Bank calls for Iraq to activate single-window system to promote investment

yota691

World Bank calls for Iraq to activate single-window system to promote investment in the country

02/08/2012 15:02 Economy no comments

Expert at the World Bank Majid

"Portal Iraq," Baghdad - called the World Bank, the Iraqi government to activate the single window system and the formation of a committee of senior staff to facilitate the entry of foreign companies in order to promote investment in the country.

The expert at the World Bank Majid picture today that "the Iraqi government demand to activate the single window system that is enshrined in the investment law, and the formation of a higher committee members have the ability to make decisions, that includes the ministries, and investment authorities in the provincial councils."

And watching the World Bank process development and investment in the country by a team of experts headed by Iraq's economic Majid picture.

He added that "it is the most prominent obstacles facing investment projects, the lack of climates attract investment, including the fragility of the security situation and infrastructure, and the inability of legislation on the application and the loss of the investment climate in the country."

He explained that the picture of "Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki's demands to form a single window, and start working to implement investment projects in the budget in 2012."

The Commission announced the economy and investment representative, earlier, support for the government directions aimed at an amendment to the Investment Law No. 13 in force for the year 2006, indicating that the problem of land acquisition by the investor is still the problem is more complex.

And Iraq admitted in 2006, Law No. 13 for investment to encourage foreign companies to enter the country and to contribute with the government's efforts to rebuild crumbling infrastructure due to war and siege.

And the First Amendment, conducted by Iraq to the law in 2009 allowed the foreign investor the right to own land and property belonging to the state allowance determined in accordance with special regulations, and has also the right to own land and property belonging to the mixed and private sectors for the purpose of the establishment of housing projects.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.albawwaba.net/economic/72996/

• Upvote 1

http://www.unece.org...ul-Kimberry.pdf

This is my first time to post anything because I do much better lurking due to my confused ignorance on this investment.

I have been invested about a year but just recently started reading the Forum. I do believe this investment will pay off at some point JMO.

I hope this link works, I googled this but have only skimmed through it.

UNNextESCWADebrief-Paul-Kimberry1.pdf

• Upvote 8

Single-window system

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

‹ The template below (Cleanup) is being considered for deletion. See templates for discussion to help reach a consensus.›

Single_Window_Example.jpg

. The talk page may contain suggestions. (April 2008)

The single-window system is a trade facilitation idea. As such, the implementation of a single window system enables international (cross-border) traders to submit regulatory documents at a single location and/or single entity. Such documents are typically customs declarations, applications for import/export permits, and other supporting documents such as certificates of origin and trading invoices.

The main value proposition for having a single window for a country or economy is to increase the efficiency through time and cost savings for traders in their dealings with various government authorities for obtaining the relevant clearance and permit(s) for moving cargoes across national or economic borders. In a traditional pre-single-window environment, traders may have had to contend with visits and dealings with multiple government agencies in multiple locations in order to obtain the necessary papers, permits and clearance in order to complete their import or export processes.

There is no single definitive viewpoint of what a single window system should be. A common definition of the term "single window" is:

"A facility that allows parties involved in trade and transport to lodge standardized information and documents with a single entry point to fulfill all import, export, and transit-related regulatory requirements. If information is electronic then individual data elements should only be submitted once."[1]

The concept is recognised and promoted by several world organisations that are concerned with trade facilitation. Among these are the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) and its Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business (UN/CEFACT), World Customs Organisation (WCO), SITPRO Limited of the United Kingdom and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).

The diagram below illustrates an example of an implementation of a Single Window system within a country or economy.

[edit]Benefits

A single window service aims to deliver specific benefits to the main communities and stakeholders in cross-border trade.

Government

Customs

Permit-issuing agencies

Ministries

Ministries (and other trade monitoring bodies) may be able to obtain cross-border trade related data and statistics in a comprehensive and timely manner from the single window service provider

Shipping and forwarding community

Ship arrival notice

IMO FAL forms:

1. General declaration

3. Ship's stores declaration

4. Crew's effects declaration

5. Crew list

6. Passenger list

Electronic ship clearance

Shippers and traders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-window_system

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 1

http://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/trade/Trade_Facilitation_Forum/UNNEXTWorkshop/PPTs/UNNextESCWADebrief-Paul-Kimberry.pdf

This is my first time to post anything because I do much better lurking due to my confused ignorance on this investment.

I have been invested about a year but just recently started reading the Forum. I do believe this investment will pay off at some point JMO.

Ooooohhhh... I like it! Thank ya!

Single-window system

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

‹ The template below (Cleanup) is being considered for deletion. See templates for discussion to help reach a consensus.›

Single_Window_Example.jpg

. The talk page may contain suggestions. (April 2008)

The single-window system is a trade facilitation idea. As such, the implementation of a single window system enables international (cross-border) traders to submit regulatory documents at a single location and/or single entity. Such documents are typically customs declarations, applications for import/export permits, and other supporting documents such as certificates of origin and trading invoices.

The main value proposition for having a single window for a country or economy is to increase the efficiency through time and cost savings for traders in their dealings with various government authorities for obtaining the relevant clearance and permit(s) for moving cargoes across national or economic borders. In a traditional pre-single-window environment, traders may have had to contend with visits and dealings with multiple government agencies in multiple locations in order to obtain the necessary papers, permits and clearance in order to complete their import or export processes.

There is no single definitive viewpoint of what a single window system should be. A common definition of the term "single window" is:

"A facility that allows parties involved in trade and transport to lodge standardized information and documents with a single entry point to fulfill all import, export, and transit-related regulatory requirements. If information is electronic then individual data elements should only be submitted once."[1]

The concept is recognised and promoted by several world organisations that are concerned with trade facilitation. Among these are the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) and its Centre for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business (UN/CEFACT), World Customs Organisation (WCO), SITPRO Limited of the United Kingdom and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).

The diagram below illustrates an example of an implementation of a Single Window system within a country or economy.

[edit]Benefits

A single window service aims to deliver specific benefits to the main communities and stakeholders in cross-border trade.

Government

Customs

Permit-issuing agencies

Ministries

Ministries (and other trade monitoring bodies) may be able to obtain cross-border trade related data and statistics in a comprehensive and timely manner from the single window service provider

Shipping and forwarding community

Ship arrival notice

IMO FAL forms:

1. General declaration

3. Ship's stores declaration

4. Crew's effects declaration

5. Crew list

6. Passenger list

Electronic ship clearance

Shippers and traders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-window_system

Wow yota, you are the master of fact finding....google comes in handy but it takes the right person to think to use it.......

I hope everyone knows the significance of these, this same window applies to currency trading internationally.

I am in the process of doing research as I type and will get more posted later. on this subject...

Thanks yota for the info... :D

Edited by Stryker365

http://www.unece.org/fileadmin/DAM/trade/Trade_Facilitation_Forum/UNNEXTWorkshop/PPTs/UNNextESCWADebrief-Paul-Kimberry.pdf

Thanks for bringing it to us. It was interesting to note that Iraq went down in the rankings for 2012. Meaning it is more difficult to do business there now, their ranking is 164. One does not want that number to increase, one wants that number to decrease. Iraq will have to implement some changes if they do not want unemployment and inflation to get completely out of control. I will be curious to see if this helps light the fire.

Wow Kennyn, I'm sorry I looked right over your link...bingo...did you and yota go to the same school or what... :lol::lol::lol:

The greatest first post ever......+'s for you....this will help with the reasearch I'm doing, back to checking it out..

,,,thanks Kennyn..

• Upvote 1

The customs bill was read for the second time a few weeks ago. There was an article about the new electronic customs system that was being put into place. I will see if I can find I find it for the curious. This all goes hand in hand.

Here is the link to the article that includes the second reading for the customs bill. Don't sneeze, you will miss it, look for the Provident Fund:

• Upvote 1

http://www.unece.org...ul-Kimberry.pdf

Good job Kennyn, this is great. Looks like Iraq has a big job ahead of them. This will be very important to investment and should alleviate corruption. The summary of the slide presentation is basically there is a need for a single point system to handle imports and exports. There are several of systems involved in this process (tarifs, inspection, shipping.....) it has been suggested to Iraq to organze and simplify this process for future growth.

Sorry to duplicate information - looks like you folks posted while I got lost somewhere on my computer and then hit reply. (lag)

Good job Kennyn, this is great. Looks like Iraq has a big job ahead of them. This will be very important to investment and should alleviate corruption. The summary of the slide presentation is basically there is a need for a single point system to handle imports and exports. There are several of systems involved in this process (tarifs, inspection, shipping.....) it has been suggested to Iraq to organze and simplify this process for future growth.

Sorry to duplicate information - looks like you folks posted while I got lost somewhere on my computer and then hit reply. (lag)

They aren't talking about this, they have already begun. Which reminds me that means they are on line and systems are up for ebanking.

Thanks Kenny, try to post yur link but have trouble with pdf +1 to you

They aren't talking about this, they have already begun. Which reminds me that means they are on line and systems are up for ebanking.

Great, I better concentrate on one thing at a time here. Thanks Zig, you're right they have begun or finished?

Back to work......sigh... have a great day folks. Hope something great happens today.

Yes zig and remember when the cable was finished under the Persian Gulf connecting internet thru out the country and to the world....you bring great info like always

I can't find the article, it was 6-8 weeks ago, but it was about the new electronic customs/tariffs systems and the training that was being done by the Iraqis with the Syrians for that border and the transfer of good, customs, and collection of tariffs.

This page shows summary Doing Business 2012 data for Iraq. The first table lists the overall "Ease of Doing Business" rank (out of 183 economies) and the rankings by each topic. The rest of the tables summarize the key indicators for each topic and benchmark against regional and high-income economy (OECD) averages.

Region Middle east & North Africa Doing Businees 2012 Rank Doing Businees 2011 Rank

Income Category Lower middle Income 164 159

Population 32,297,391

GNI Per Capita (US$) 2,320.00

Alright, can't post a table sorry bottom line ranking out of 183 countries is 164 this year.

Edited by Abarvets