Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

First Citizens Bank in NC, SC, VA, TN, WVA, DC, WA, California

luckylucy

Had in-bank meeting today (March 4, 2010) with rep, "Brandy," in local Cary, NC branch of First Citizens Bank. We spoke on speaker phone with rep from their International Banking dept, in Garner, NC.

Here's what I learned.

First Citizens Bank DOES buy and sell dinar.

1. website is https://www.firstcitizens.com; to find branch near you in NC, SC, VA, TN, WV, CA, DC & WA.

2. Home office is in Raleigh, NC with Data Center in Garner, NC. Data Center in Garner, NC has the de la rue machine for foreign currency.

That's Garner, North Carolina, Wake County (a few miles outside of Raleigh, NC .. .home of the NC Hurricanes!)

3. Any exchange of foreign currency can be taken to the Garner office and exchanged there. Otherwise, you can make the exchange at a branch bank, but the currency will be sent to the Garner office. I suggest taking it to the Garner office AFTER opening an account.

4. they do exchanges for non-members of their bank, but have a maximum cap of $200K USD per non-member. There is NO Cap on bank members. (ie, open an account with them).

5. Apparently, they are such a strong bank they are buying out others ... and, have a great CD rate to increase their liquidity. First Citizens Bank was started by the Holding family of Wake Forest, NC and still operates like a small town bank, but increasing in national presence.

I asked about TODAY's exchange rates, just to get an idea: here's info on March 4, 2010:

BUY dinars from First Citizens at .0017076

SELL dinars to First Citizens at .00067271

I'm planning to talk to several other banks and when I do "cash-in," I will go with the bank or exchange business that gives me the best rate. I do plan to negotiate. Remember, public rates do not take into consideration large currency exchanges.

Hope this is helpful, but PLEASE ... do your own research and establish your relationship with your banker and financial advisor!

Anyone in my area, feel free to leave me PM or Visitor Message.

Jeanette

Go to this site to see how safe the banks are that you are or may be dealing with. I was surprised to see that one of the banks I deal with (Suntrust) has a rating of D- which is in the weak catagory, "E" is the lowest rating which is "very weak". Suntrust appears to be a blip away from E or very weak.

http://www.thestreet.com/bank-safety/index.html

I knew you could get the info. I tried and they sent me around in loops till I got dizzy. TY very much!!

It is also "RUMORED" to be a Del A Rue at BB & T and BOA in Charlotte NC. No concrete verification.

i'll do some more checking...i bank with BOA ... I just wanted to get one place for sure. my trusty BOA manager wasn't there today. there's also some other big banks in Raleigh (& Charlotte) ... wonder if those of us in this area should get together and negotiate a better rate .... more we have the better the rate.. talk later!

Good point, Nate.. Also, you can increase your FDIC insurance; but I like spreading the wealth too ... make 'em work for your business!

Remember people to note the amount your bank (the FDIC) will insure, I think it's like 250k. Me personally, Im will spread it across several accounts until I figure it all out.

I called the First Citizens in Garner this morning at 9:05 AM. I wanted to cash a small amount in if I could. The Guy I talked with was very nice. He ask me to wait while he called the International Currenct Dept. He came back and tols me they would be hapy to cash my Dinas in. He gave me the exchange rate of .00067271. He told me that a 25,000 Iraqi note would give me $16.25. I thanked him and told him I would call back when the rate gets better. At least they are willing to do business now with the Dinars. Do you think someone knows something???

• Upvote 2

Bank of America won't convert more than $10,000 worth of foreign currency per day.

I have had an account with the same Bank of America branch for at least ten years. Since they are a foreign currency exchange bank, I talked to them about possibly having a large sum of foreign currency to deposit in the near future. They told me it was their policy to not convert or accept in a deposit more than $10,000 (USD) worth of foreign currency per day. I asked them to make a call to verify with their corporate office and the answer came back the same.

I do not know what the other foreign currency bank policies are but I thought I would give you a heads up regarding Bank of America. Maybe they will change their policy when the dinar RVs if they realize how much money is involved. After researching the different ways to cash in my dinar, and reading the posts from Adam and others, I have decided to go with Adam's recommendation to hold off for a few days; especially in light of his latest email with the excerpt from his Iraqi contact.

Thank you Adam for all the hard work you put into the websites, posts, and doing whatever it takes to keep your members informed with the most reliable sources possible. Also, thanks to all the members that contributed a lot of time and effort to explain in detail their views and predictions. This has been an unique experience and I look forward to Adam's email notification that the day we have all been waiting for is finally here!

Remember people to note the amount your bank (the FDIC) will insure, I think it's like 250k. Me personally, Im will spread it across several accounts until I figure it all out.

Remember, it is 250K insurance per owner. So, if you and your spouse own the account it is insured for 500K.

sorry to tell you this but when i called data center they never heard of the dinars or if they are part of the banking indrustry why do you people make up things like this just to get a rush from people You need to do more research Jeannette and there is no first citizens bank in so california. can you give me the phone number of your so called person to verify Brandy pplease sewnd it to.

If you need to get your email address to another member the safe way to do it is to go to there member page and leave it there, and have them delete the message as soon as they copy it.

Edited by ToddS
removed members email address

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.firstcitizens.com/about_us/news/20100129-first-regional-bank.html Do your own research and scrap the rude comments to me. It's public knowledge ... and I believe I previously provided First Citizens website.

I have no way of knowing who you spoke to at a "data center" ... but I and others have spoken to the right person at the Garner center. They do buy and sell dinars. I do not know how this affects their newly acquired banks and I don't really care.

sorry to tell you this but when i called data center they never heard of the dinars or if they are part of the banking indrustry why do you people make up things like this just to get a rush from people You need to do more research Jeannette and there is no first citizens bank in so california. can you give me the phone number of your so called person to verify Brandy pplease sewnd it to.

If you need to get your email address to another member the safe way to do it is to go to there member page and leave it there, and have them delete the message as soon as they copy it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

this is scary ...

CaptainJack ... perhaps you and SRB should read my original post ...which applies to First Citizens ONLY ... regarding where the delarue machine is, where the Int'l dept is, and where and how you can get dinars exchanged in person rather than waiting for your dinars to be sent somewhere else and confirmed or validated and then getting your USD. Plus, there is an added bonus of a link to the bank's website.

The Data center is the last place I'd call to inquire about currency exchange SRB .... try the International Currency Exchange Department!
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1